• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Next week Pokémon will be finally exciting, but the real shit will be Smash launch week.

Insanity is coming.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Wow Switch is up, hopefully it keeps on going up until the beginning of next year

I think that Switch will do 150k next week with Pokémon out. Hopefully Pokémon has good legs

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
They are still freely available on Amazon at least. I believe Chris1964 also said that the bundles did not seem limited.

It's more that hype is strong enough that people want to buy their Switch before the game release in order to be ready for it. Which bodes well for strong numbers next week.

In that case, yeah next week should be crazy.

I'm surprised they had such limited bundle quantities in the US comparatively.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon and Smash (and Minecraft) bundles aren't limited quantity and this has been mentioned multiple times.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
Looking forward to Pokèmber, Smashember and Marianuary data. Wonder how Let's Go games sales will compare to X and Y releases.

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
It's more that hype is strong enough that people want to buy their Switch before the game release in order to be ready for it. Which bodes well for strong numbers next week.

Also seasonal demand is starting to increase anyway mid November (for Switch anyway, the rest of the market is basically in zombie mode).

06Z5dcH.png

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I am shocked by Switch rise. Does people dont know bundle is coming?0_0

Also that LM number is pure sadness. LM2 is such a huge success on 3ds too. Hope LM3 will do crazy namba there.

Neko Tomo of course with a great leg there.^_^ go go Neko Tomo.
At this time of year you can not expect people to be reasonable with purchases. It is pure impulse. Marketing knows

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Holidays rush doen't begin before late November. There isn't any seasonal bump at last and this week.

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
Nothing, but the reason they are equal instead of slim being well ahead is that pro got a discount. So, the poster argues, Sony could make some progress in sales by dropping the price of slim, as well, but choose not to.
Yea, probably will be a cut for the slim eventually but pro sales increasing their share with the cut should have been expected. I'm thinking the profit margins could be relatively huge on the pro by now after going through a few model revisions.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Also seasonal demand is starting to increase anyway mid November (for Switch anyway, the rest of the market is basically in zombie mode).

06Z5dcH.png

Thank you for the graph - it's quite interesting how the major game releases can be clearly seen on the graph.

Next week the 2018 Switch should have its first big spike of the year with Pokemon.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Releasing NSMBU just after the holidays is a smart move from Nintendo san. Last year, they really cut their holiday momentum by not releasing anything of note while the other twin consoles had the behemoth Monster Hunter.
It sucks for me that they chose NSMBU as I cannot stand the NSM series, but well...

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Weekly retailer hints vol.1

Hype for Fallout 76 remains at low levels. It will underperform Fallout 4 opening and maybe not by a small margin. Legs could be the biggest problem for this game.

Hitman 2 will be dead from arrival.

Luigi's Mansion second week continues the path to unknown.

Everyone in Japan is prepared for Friday.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Releasing NSMBU just after the holidays is a smart move from Nintendo san. Last year, they really cut their holiday momentum by not releasing anything of note while the other twin consoles had the behemoth Monster Hunter.
It sucks for me that they chose NSMBU as I cannot stand the NSM series, but well...

They had Mario + Rabbids last year in January in Japan that sold well ;)

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Tetris Effect deserves so much more love, game is astoundingly good.
Historical 1st week comparisons:

Tetris DS (NDS) 218,099
Tetris Party Deluxe (NDS) 14,016
Tetris Axis (3DS) 6,787
Puyo Puyo Tetris (3DS) 44,627
Puyo Puyo Tetris (PS3) 10,306
Puyo Puyo Tetris (PSV) 8,973
Puyo Puyo Tetris (NSW) 12,854
Tetris Effect (PS4) 4,372

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
So it seems like the concerns about this Pokemon game not appealing to the "core Pokemon crowd" are probably gonna be a bit unfounded. Especially with the better-than-expected reviews which probably suggests WoM will be good.

Very excited to see how high this game will go. Certainly not as high as a regular mainline but probably higher than most think.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Good to know, isn't black friday a thing in Japan? Here some deals are already starting.

Some online stores have started to try and make it a thing, starting maybe 2 years ago. Retail stores seem to not be interested, we will see how it will be this year, but probably nothing. The 23rd is a national holiday, so probably nothing.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Some online stores have started to try and make it a thing, maybe 2 years ago. Retail stores seem to not be interested, we will see how it will be this year, but probably nothing. The 23rd is a national holiday, so probably nothing.
I see very little excitement for Black Friday this year, things were more hot from retailers in 2017.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Is Switch still on track to overtake PS4 this year or have the ho-hum sales for most of the year rebalanced expectations?

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Historical 1st week comparisons:

Tetris DS (NDS) 218,099
Tetris Party Deluxe (NDS) 14,016
Tetris Axis (3DS) 6,787
Puyo Puyo Tetris (3DS) 44,627
Puyo Puyo Tetris (PS3) 10,306
Puyo Puyo Tetris (PSV) 8,973
Puyo Puyo Tetris (NSW) 12,854
Tetris Effect (PS4) 4,372
Interesting data thank you fiendcode but also ouch for Tetris Effect. Tetris (aside from the bomb Tetris Axis, but I will chalk it up to being released in 2011 on the 3ds) seems to be associated with mostly Nintendo in Japan (understandably so).

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting data thank you fiendcode but also ouch for Tetris Effect. Tetris (aside from the bomb Tetris Axis, but I will chalk it up to being released in 2011 on the 3ds) seems to be associated with mostly Nintendo in Japan (understandably so).
Focusing on PSVR has sort of been a mistake commercially for Miz and co. Rez Infinite didn't do great either.