• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
A couple of games more than Pokémon remakes would mean three games for four months

They already announced games up to July with Zelda SS and we know that August very often is skipper by many companies

So of they are going to have, let's Say, Pokémon remakes in October, we could see a game in September and a game in November imho

Those could be a a weird game like Labo or Fit, maybe warioware branded, and a more core game like bayonetta

Of course we know that Zelda Botw is the wild card here

But, why two more games would be strange?
It's not that they havent linedup a consistent stream of contents for the year
You are expecting them to have a second half containing 4 games (SSHD, Pokémon + 2 mid tier games) when they are rumored to have a revision and a slate of marquee titles alongside it.

For comparison, the last time they had a revision, they launched the following titles in H2:
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 (West)
- Fire Emblem Three Houses
- Astral Chain
- Link's Awakening
- Dragon Quest XI S (West)
- Ring Fit Adventure
- Luigi's Mansion 3
- Pokémon Sword/Shield
- Brain Age (Japan)

And that's with Animal Crossing getting delayed.

Kakadu18

Banned
Dec 31, 2020
A couple of games more than Pokémon remakes would mean three games for four months

They already announced games up to July with Zelda SS and we know that August very often is skipper by many companies

So of they are going to have, let's Say, Pokémon remakes in October, we could see a game in September and a game in November imho

Those could be a a weird game like Labo or Fit, maybe warioware branded, and a more core game like bayonetta

Of course we know that Zelda Botw is the wild card here

But, why two more games would be strange?
It's not that they havent linedup a consistent stream of contents for the year
Don't forget Fire Emblem and 3D Kirby.
I think there will be 3-4 more games that we don't know of in addition to these two.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
You are expecting them to have a second half containing 4 games (SSHD, Pokémon + 2 mid tier games) when they are rumored to have a revision and a slate of marquee titles alongside it.

For comparison, the last time they had a revision, they launched the following titles in H2:
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 (West)
- Fire Emblem Three Houses
- Astral Chain
- Link's Awakening
- Dragon Quest XI S (West)
- Ring Fit Adventure
- Luigi's Mansion 3
- Pokémon Sword/Shield
- Brain Age (Japan)

And that's with Animal Crossing getting delayed.

But you are stsrting from considering the revision as sure and confirmed
While the same rumors and sources that are backing its existence arent sure about its 2021 release
I would say that if it is releasing this year yes, there would be more games, including Zelda
More importantly you are listing published games and collaborations in that list, while I was talking about first party games
I agree that if we consider also that kind of projects there will be more

Don't forget Fire Emblem and 3D Kirby.
I think there will be 3-4 more games that we don't know of in addition to these two.

I would love them both, especially Fire emblem but so far I havent seen any reliable rumor about them

I think we will learn more around June/July?

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
But you are stsrting from considering the revision as sure and confirmed
While the same rumors and sources that are backing its existence arent sure about its 2021 release
I would say that if it is releasing this year yes, there would be more games, including Zelda
More importantly you are listing published games and collaborations in that list, while I was talking about first party games
I agree that if we consider also that kind of projects there will be more

I would love them both, especially Fire emblem but so far I havent seen any reliable rumor about them

I think we will learn more around June/July?
I am using the recent Bloomberg article as the basis of my speculation. They are apprently expecting 250m SW units sold for the next FY. That's a huge number that won't happen without a lot of notable releases.

www.bloomberg.com

Nintendo Targets a Record Year in Switch, Game Sales

Nintendo Co. is gearing up for record software and Switch sales in the coming year, a much stronger performance than investors are projecting, according to the company’s partners and suppliers.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
I am using the recent Bloomberg article as the basis of my speculation. They are apprently expecting 250m SW units sold for the next FY. That's a huge number that won't happen without a lot of notable releases.

www.bloomberg.com

Nintendo Targets a Record Year in Switch, Game Sales

Nintendo Co. is gearing up for record software and Switch sales in the coming year, a much stronger performance than investors are projecting, according to the company’s partners and suppliers.

Thanks!
I have seen it after out previous discussion
Are those numbers related to Nintendo published game only?
Sound huge!

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say FE4 remake is a safe assumption.
Not sure about BotW2, SS releasing this summer kinda makes it shaky.

What about a new 2D Mario? It's been almost 2 years since MM2 and they stopped supporting it a long time ago, so a new 2D Mario wouldn't be surprising, right?

Kakadu18

Banned
Dec 31, 2020
Super Mario Party 2 is a possibility, as well as a new Captain Toad game or an new entry in a franchise not yet present on the Switch like Wario Ware.

Guaraná

Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
after being banned for saying that modders love banning people here (sorry mods) and being unable to defend me against some unrighteous accusations in this thread, I just wanted to say that the fact that I was (somehow) wrong last week, just means that I'll be right this week.

Kakadu18

Banned
Dec 31, 2020
after being banned for saying that modders love banning people here (sorry mods) and being unable to defend me against some unrighteous accusations in this thread, I just wanted to say that the fact that I was (somehow) wrong last week, just means that I'll be right this week.
I'm staying by my 65k prediction, but it could be higher or lower.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you! Your service is much appreciated.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
What about some unexpected third party game for later this year?
If I am right also third party support so far is consistent up to Summer, right?

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
What about some unexpected third party game for later this year?
If I am right also third party support so far is consistent up to Summer, right?
Yeah Switch has some great 3rd party support until July.

Upcoming games are:
- Monster Hunter Rise
- Rune Factory 5
- Monster Hunter Stories 2
- Samurai Warriors 5
- Pro Baseball Spirits (still to be dated)

Dec 21, 2020
I will assume SMTNocturne will be for mid summer and SMTV will be for the early fall before BDSP which I am guessing is a late october release and BOTW2 is a mid to late November release.

I think it has been 2 years in a row that we have had late first party releases from Nintendo. Maybe its a new trend they want to implement? If it is already please excuse this as I only noticed between 2019 and 2020 with LM3 and P3DX. If not, then it's an interesting set up.

Dec 2, 2019
Yeah Switch has some great 3rd party support until July.

Upcoming games are:
- Monster Hunter Rise
- Rune Factory 5
- Monster Hunter Stories 2
- Samurai Warriors 5
- Pro Baseball Spirits (still to be dated)
Here's hoping for a new Winning Eleven by Konami.

Come on, make it happen, you cowards!

Also, all members of Team2021 want to thank Guarana for his precious support. Another great week for us is coming.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
We don't really talk about it, but... could Minecraft actually be the best selling title in Japan all-time, at this point?

Physical tracked sales across all platforms it's at around 4.5 million (according to GDL). Add in PC, mobile, and console digital... that's gotta be a big number.

Tbone5189

Succ-essor
Mar 25, 2020

Are You saying it'll be around/under 50k this week? Cuz I hope this is what you mean!!

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, hype for Monster Hunter is really building up with the demo.

The game rose by 100pts on Comg! on the last two days. Will be interesting to see how high it'll Rise.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Okay, hype for Monster Hunter is really building up with the demo.

The game rose by 100pts on Comg! on the last two days. Will be interesting to see how high it'll Rise.
i bet it'll take over the World
Some people don't think it'll take over the World, but I know it will at least have a Hunt at 6mil in japan 😉
However much it sells first week, needless to say it will be a monster hit

jesusraz

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I still feel Nintendo is building up awareness of Mii characters again (despite someone always saying otherwise ;) ), so after Miitopia, we'll see the inevitable new Tomodachi, but I feel a Switch Sports Club (remastered/tweaked version of the Wii U release) could be on its way, along with Switch Party (yes, instead of Mario Party 2). Then other games, like WarioWare, Rhythm Paradise, finally Metroid Prime Trilogy, along with some other surprises, like another GB remake.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I still feel Nintendo is building up awareness of Mii characters again (despite someone always saying otherwise ;) ), so after Miitopia, we'll see the inevitable new Tomodachi, but I feel a Switch Sports Club (remastered/tweaked version of the Wii U release) could be on its way, along with Switch Party (yes, instead of Mario Party 2). Then other games, like WarioWare, Rhythm Paradise, finally Metroid Prime Trilogy, along with some other surprises, like another GB remake.
I hope so, Wii Party U is terrific

Drblitzk

Dec 9, 2020
Since people seem a bit all over on MH debuts here's some figures going back:

Famitsu 1st week (tracked packaged sellthrough)
MHP3: 2,146,647
MH4: 1,875,115
MHX: 1,542,104
MHW: 1,350,412

Famitsu 1st month (estimated digital sellthrough)
MH4: 225,324 (2 weeks, 2 days)
MHX: 111,554 (2 days)
MHW: 652,614 (3 days from release or 5 weeks, 3 days from hardware bundle)

Capcom IR (official packaged sell-in + digital sellthrough)
MHP3: over 2,000,000 (6 days)
MH4: over 2,000,000 (4 days)
MHX: over 2,000,000 (6 days)
MHW: over 5,000,000 worldwide (4 days)

Yeah looking at this info and how stable MH launches are, there is little reason to think Rise would do much different, lower or higher, my bet is in 2 million in 4 days.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Things in favor of a record launch: platform, 3 years since last big launch, people looking for something to do after lockdowns.

Things working against record launch: shortages of consoles and physical versions, Portable 3rd released near peak season and was riding wave new interest.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Damn, he went out on the whitest post this forum has ever seen! The post is actually so shitty that it impresses me that he made it to over 1k posts in this forum.
Yeah, I mean, there are no doubt countless members of this forum who have takes like that, but those who accumulate so many posts generally know to keep it to themselves.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
It's important to be balanced in life and get outside of sales and videogame bubbles for discussions because otherwise you sometimes end up with thoughtless, insensitive posts like that. Blind fandom without introspection of faults or criticism is something that should not be encouraged.

Top to bottom that is a tone-deaf post. Saying that their mom never experienced racism in the Soviet Union, whew.

Anyways, sorry for the off-topic. Reading that post just made me very angry. I can delete if this is considered cross-thread drama. I'd more of consider it me getting on a soapbox, but still.

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is why you just don't venture on threads that tend to be too hot to handle. Otherwise you might spew mindless hot takes of your own that gets you banned.

Dec 21, 2020
I find it really weird to use their mothers experience in facing racial differences in a societal level to dismiss why black representation matters in a specific video game.

I don't even know what to say as a person who is brown/black. I found it really weird to say what ultimately boiled down to "just don't think about it" like that fixes anything.

Choosing to be ignorant is not the same as being oblivious.