• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
So they invent it.

IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO Y'ALL

And this is from the fucking Associated Press

Borgnine

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much world history has been influenced by cliche phrases. Like people doing dumb shit because you have to strike while the iron is hot.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of these news outlets are just as bad as the Republican party with the way they enable Trump for their precious clicks.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Media can't fully take anyone's side as they can't offend potential viewers. No matter how full of shit the other side is.

So it becomes "fair and balanced" no matter how many hoops you have to jump through.

The consequences of media running for profit rather than for truth.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The problem is ultimately people.You see it in discussions all over where many people are literally just unable to handle complicated, nuanced issues, media or non media.

The Media just ultimately reflects and amplifies our issues.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
I kiiiind of understand what they might be going for with this - e.g. Democrats holding firm is why this issue hasn't been resolved.

But, that is horribly worded and it doesn't even strike me as something that needs to be fact checked.

Disappointing.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Media can't fully take anyone's side as they can't offend potential viewers. No matter how full of shit the other side is.

So it becomes "fair and balanced" no matter how many hoops you have to jump through.

The consequences of media running for profit rather than for truth.

It's the consequence of their hyper fear of being too liberal, so they just distort actual reality. It's maddening and cowardly and it's going to hurt people.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
"It takes two to tango"

It takes one normally functioning brain to see through bullshit

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, you don't expect to see both sides nonsense from the AP. This is disappointing to say the least.

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
AP FACT CHECK: People put the blame for lions eating faces on lions. But it takes two to tango. Lion's love of eating faces is one reason. People having faces is the other.

It literally makes no sense. Complete circular logic.

The tweet was intended to point out the people's refusal to not have their face eaten, which proceeded the lions demand to eat everyones face.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
The whole thing is an abject disaster. I saw that the Washington Post published an Op-Ed about how Trump won last night, and Schumer and Pelosi lost. Media hides behind this idea that they're providing an enlightened perspective that's fair and balanced, all the while giving a platform to criminals and liars that would be treated as pariahs in a sane society, unshackled by the perpetual drive for money. I'm just sick about the entire thing. Sicker than I usual am, and I pretty much always have one foot in the grave!

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Like you could replace any amoral vile action in this.

Democrats: Trump won't end shutdown unless all Gay people are Locked up in Camps, this is on him because we're not going to let him do that.

AP: Well actually Fact Check! Actually the shutdown is not just on him, you could fund the government Democrats if you just would let him lock up all Gay people in camps. It takes two to tango.

Motherfuckers.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
I kiiiind of understand what they might be going for with this - e.g. Democrats holding firm is why this issue hasn't been resolved.

But, that is horribly worded and it doesn't even strike me as something that needs to be fact checked.

Disappointing.
i mean thats the thing, is that basically thats circular logic that makes no sense

the government shut down because he wants the wall, and he allowed that to happen. his failure to successfully compromise or simply drop the issue means that he effectively shut down the government himself

democrats not bowing down to his random demands is in no way a reason to put any blame on democrats, thats like saying that he could do anything at all he wants and that others share blame if they dont come to fruition

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're so terrified of being called partisan for telling the truth by the same people that already call them enemy of the people

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
It's the consequence of their hyper fear of being too liberal, so they just distort actual reality. It's maddening and cowardly and it's going to hurt people.

Too liberal will piss off Trumpsters.

They're not being too conservative either.

So it's always about straddling that fence and not offend either side too much while coming up with a clickbait headline so the $$ rolls in.

Bramblebutt

Jan 11, 2018
Resetera users blame AP for spreading malicious falsehoods, but it takes two to tango. AP's Twitter being run by rubes is one reason for the dumb false equivalency. Resetera users giving them attention is another.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Shit it's not even written by a single idiotic person, but two

Takes two to tango after all

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
You can't just blame this on some idiot.... The AP is actively defending the tweet and you know keeping it up, it's their stance.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
it takes two to tango when the executive blackmails the legislative to dismantle the separation of powers, uhuh

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I love how ignorant this is.

Prior to the shutdown, every Senator (Democrats included) voted to fund the government. Trump refused to allow that bill to move forwards.

The government shut down before the Democrats gained control of the house.

How the hell did they cause the shut down?

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
They should blame the shutdown on everyone for not supporting that Wall GoFundMe.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Palestinians: Israel is killing us. The violence against our people must end.

AP: Fact Check, it takes two to tango, you could stop this if you just let them kill you.

Nov 9, 2017
I love all of you guys in Etcetera, but it is kind of funny to see us accuse others of not being able to have a nuanced view.

Oct 31, 2017
The obsession with artificial balance in media is more dangerous and more insidious than the full on fascist propaganda of Fox and it's ilk, in my opinion.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You need to call out the authors of the article that was linked to in that Tweet: Cal Woodward (@CalWd on Twitter) and Colleen Long (@ctlong1 on Twitter), not just the social media person handling that Twitter account.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
marge-it-takes-two-to-lie-one-to-lie-and-one-to-listen.jpg

:Tc hmmm..

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I love all of you guys in Etcetera, but it is kind of funny to see us accuse others of not being able to have a nuanced view.

This is the opposite of that, there is no nuance here, the wall is wrong period, that's the point of my thread title, AP can't handle a situation where there is flat out a wrong and a right position so they manufacture nuance. They're actively distorting reality.