• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
That kind of PSOne jank is for old people like me. I expect a ton of people will hate it, nostalgia goggles are mandatory. Can't wait to flatten fools with that giant hammer again!

Parappa, Crash, Spyro, Sir Dan, Abe... What PSOne mascot remarsters do we still miss?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Me and a lot of other fans.

Tons of fucking people, which would be why requests for it popped up so frequently.

This is gonna sound asshole-ish I guess, but that's surprising to me. Some games have had their time. Some (most) 3D games of this kind from that era play like absolute shit, such as Medievil, and are better left off as childhood memories. And this remake looks like it has barely revamped the controls and mechanics.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Please some of you where worry it been a PSP remaster but now you saying its too faithful like really?

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
That kind of PSOne jank is for old people like me. I expect a ton of people will hate it, nostalgia goggles are mandatory. Can't wait to flatten fools with that giant hammer again!

Parappa, Crash, Spyro, Sir Dan, Abe... What PSOne mascot remarsters do we still miss?
Robbit, Tomba, and Apes. God what I would do for proper Tomba revival.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
some screen grabs from youtube trailer:

30709156757_a6892e0ccf_o.png

30709156317_2ddedc796d_o.png

Looks imo like a very well done remake :)

Don't understand the "bad graphic" comments from some users here...

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
Missed out on the original. Looks like a simple, but goofy fun game to play. I'll probably check it out.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused...nothing was changed about the combat in the Crash remasters no?
I edited my comment. I was expecting a Medievil remake with updated mechanics, unlike N Sane Trilogy 1:1 remake approach.

I had a bad time with N Sane Trilogy because it felt terrible dated in controls and level design

ZeroDS

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Fuck yall saying this should be a budget title. It's a remake. Like it or lump it.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca

We desperately need a new Ape Escape for starters.

Jumping Flash! for PSVR also makes all kinds of sense.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
This look incredibly bad:

- bland graphic with random color and bloom
- very very low framerate EDIT: ok, saw the US trailer, not a 60fps stable game but much better.
- the combat look boringly simple and collisions are nonexistent (I mean, look at 0:39, the sword pass through enemies)

Honestly I don't know who asked for this... I'm curious to see how much it will sell, because for me (not a fan of the series) this trailer is a no-buy, and I love this genre of games.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Whew this looks like shit. Floaty garbage combat, bland visuals, weird animations.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
This is gonna sound asshole-ish I guess, but that's surprising to me. Some games have had their time. Some (most) 3D games of this kind from that era play like absolute shit, such as Medievil, and are better left off as childhood memories. And this remake looks like it has barely revamped the controls and mechanics.

So exactly how the fans wanted it? Good.

This is a gift for old playstation one fans. The game isn't that long or expensive to remake. The budget surely isn't bankrupting sony

MeBecomingI

Oct 27, 2017
Looks super good. I'm really excited about this. I grew up on games like these, so seeing them remade is such a weird nostalgia thing for me. Visually, it looks really fucking nice.

Also, I'm glad they aren't fucking around with the combat or jumping or anything like that. Those controls were fun and awkward for a reason. They are part of what gave the game its charm in the first place and they make sense thematically in the game.

Chris Metal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Good... It remained faithful, if I'm getting this I want to be reminded of what I used to play, not a different game that deviates too much in both visual art and gameplay mechanics. SOTC managed it, this looks to as well.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good... It remained faithful, if I'm getting this I want to be reminded of what I used to play, not a different game that deviates too much in both visual art and gameplay mechanics. SOTC managed it, this looks to as well.
This. I want a MediEvil game and not a game that plays totally different but has a MediEvil skin.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018

Robbit, Tomba, and Apes. God what I would do for proper Tomba revival.

We desperately need a new Ape Escape for starters.

Jumping Flash! for PSVR also makes all kinds of sense.

I'm a gormless fool. Of course Ape Escape !

Tomba was more of a strange game we all tried on demo discs than a cult classic here in France (also renamed Tombi here for whatever reason).

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
if I'm not mistaken, Shawn Layden straight up saying the success of this remake will determine whether they move forward with a new game. I never played the original medievil, but I want Sony to support more of this kind of non AAA games. I'm day 1 for sure. if I can play and beat Syphon Filter PS1 games, I'm sure I can power through any kind of PS1 jank. lol

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Who the hell asked for this other than all the people who did

It looks good, like an updated PS1 game with the gameplay intact. I bet most people who wanted this remake expected just that.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
The combat is like straight up bad. I suppose for nostalgia purposes people can enjoy bad combat, but there's no reason enemies should be ignoring hits and your sword should be passing through enemies without hurting them

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
I think they still on early development because they still need some fixes in animations and frame rate.

Oct 25, 2017
Who the hell asked for this other than all the people who did

It looks good, like an updated PS1 game with the gameplay intact. I bet most people who wanted this remake expected just that.
Funny enough the fear was a psp remake until a couple months ago so this turned out waaay better than a lot expected

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
I'm actually replaying this game right now (on PS3) and I don't think analog controls are bad. D-pad - yes, I would agree, but with DualShock it plays fine.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
The game looks perfectly fine for what it is. Let's not over-react here.

Will probably buy this so I can lie to myself and pretend they'll remake IQ with VR support.