• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

qaopjlll

Oct 27, 2017
IMG-2923-rotated.jpg

"Brooks Marzka has been proud to call himself an Edgewoodonianite both before and after Bill Cosby was sentenced to jail. He's witnessed 3 trees taken down on Maple Ave. He's seen too many Woodland Hills seniors' trick or treat without costumes. He's experienced, but never proven to be the cause of, many power outages including the ones this summer. You may know him from his talked about parties, rumors of his misdeeds, his artistically painted vehicles, and/or his always classy representation at the Edgewood Progressive Dinner and Reception. Now, you will know him as the Republican candidate for mayor. … and while he is neither a Republican nor qualified to be the mayor, that's not stopping him. … and if by chance he's elected, no matter how devastating that would be for us all, he'll do his best to make sure things get better in this little utopia we call home."
Click link for campain promises: https://ccmellorlibrary.org/meet-the-candidates/
Campaign signs:
IOvatq1.jpg

Thp6X0Z.jpg

bNGsu3Z.jpg

What do you say, ERA? Does Marzka have your vote?

Flambe

Faster than Light
Oct 25, 2017
There's a refreshing honesty I find myself somehow admiring on a small level.

Nov 21, 2017
"Now, you will know him as the Republican candidate for mayor. … and while he is neither a Republican nor qualified to be the mayor, that's not stopping him."

Now that's the spirit I want to see from a local politician!

OP
OP
qaopjlll

qaopjlll

Oct 27, 2017
If he only manages to keep one of his campaign promises, I hope it's the eternal life for all citizens. Or maybe building the retractable dome over the entire town for when it rains/snows.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Of course I'd vote for him, I can't have my car stolen

OP
OP
qaopjlll

qaopjlll

Oct 27, 2017
Btw the only requirements to getting on the ballot for mayor of a borough in Allegheny county are 1 year of residence and 10 signatures. You don't even have to pay a filing fee. I'm not sure what the date limits are but it looks like the primary ballot for Edgewood didn't have any Republican candidates on it, so apparently you can still get on the ballot after the primary. (Similar thing is happening in Pittsburgh, some Trump loving cop doofus ran in the Democratic primary, lost badly, but still gets to appear on the ballot as the Republican nominee since nobody ran in their primary, although for the city the ballot requirements are a little higher.) So it seems like pretty much anybody who lives in one of the heavily Democratic towns/boroughs surrounding Pittsburgh and has plenty of free time on their hands can do the same thing this guy is doing, given the low ballot requirements and lack of competition.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how many people are in the town, but I might have to give him the troll vote his fishing for.

OP
OP
qaopjlll

qaopjlll

Oct 27, 2017
Marzka loses with 9.41% of the vote. So ends the dream of moving sidewalks and weather domes in Edgewood. Bunch of people bout to get their carzka stolen.

Election Night Reporting