• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Via RockmanLabs

Offscreen gameplay and Initial impressions based on Xbox One build:

Follow up gameplay and impression on the Switch:

Info based on the videos...

Voice options for ZX and Advent:
lgqUxtN.png

ZX will have the original Japanese voices regardless of settings (DS version never had an English dub) and Advent will apparently stick to the English dub with no option to change it.

In the second video there was notable lag on the Switch vs the Xbox One gameplay from the day prior, but it's unknown whether that was based on the TV (the video was oddly cropped on that screen) or the Switch version itself.

Second screen is controlled by the right stick and is "clicked" by pressing the stick down.

The titles are all included in the one "game", so for Switch owners everything should be on the cart (rather than split because there were two games in each set like MMLC 1/2 and MMXLC 1/2).

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Did the lag ever get fixed in the other collections on switch? Or was that all blown out of proportion

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I will definitely be waiting to see what the pros say about input lag before buying. They got me once with the first MMX collection, and I find it absolutely it unplayable.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
I wonder if the new audio will fix the line problem. The lines in ZX Advent were read in such a way that the sentence would only continue if you pressed a button so each part of the sentence would sound off and disyointed.

Instead of the line sounding like : "Ashe, lets run to the power plant."

It was,

"Ashe *press a* lets run to *press a* the power plant"

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Hope it's the TV or let em fix it if it isn't. Game comes out in 2020 so hoping for teh best

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
The English VA in ZX Advent is fucking awful. Like X7 tier bad. It's dumb as hell they don't have an option for the Japanese voices, especially when every other game in the collection is Japanese voices only.

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
Focus seems to be entirely on the ZX games. Still want to know if the Zero games are based on the GBA or DS versions.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Did the lag ever get fixed in the other collections on switch? Or was that all blown out of proportion
The SNES games in the X Collection were awful. I usually don't care about tech issues, but they seriously felt like different games. They were never fixed. It sucks because those are my favorite games ever and I ended up not even bothering to get the platinum in them.

I'm going to be extremely depressed if this happens again for Zero.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so they're restoring the Japanese voices on the first game, but won't give dual audio option on the second... It's weird given it does seem to support switching audio tracks, so it should be possible for the Japanese voices to be available to switch, so that's a bit frustrating to know a bit.

At least this seems to be pointing more towards these being ports than emulation, having said that.

Really, the whole things kinda reminds me how the initial PC port for Gunvolt was handled, for better or for worse.

As for the lag issue, while I'd kinda say "Wait and see", I know a couple of the collections for the previous stuff on the Switch release has more input lag than the other versions, so not sure if we really should say this at this point... Kinda hope with this being caught this early will hopefully get it fixed sooner than later.

Nachos

Oct 26, 2017
Any word on whether they'll be adding in the voice over they removed for the English version of ZX? The Japanese version was close to fully-voiced, but the English version only retained voices for gameplay and animated cutscenes.

More impressions

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I wish I got the chance to play the Switch version. They had one unit per console set up and I ended up getting onto the Xbox One booth when my turn came. Bright side is that the Xbox One version was legit; most of the damage I took running through MMZero 3 was from getting used to the physical Xbox One controller than it was any sort of perceptible input lag. Spammy dash dances, being able to platform around X enemies on the super tiny lava platforms in Blazin' Flizard's stage, dashing under bullets on Mantisk's caterpillar mini-boss , it all felt like I remembered it.

Oct 25, 2017
They better give us Japanese VA for both of the ZX games, come on.

I played the undub of both games last year and it's so good.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I wish I got the chance to play the Switch version. They had one unit per console set up and I ended up getting onto the Xbox One booth when my turn came. Bright side is that the Xbox One version was legit; most of the damage I took running through MMZero 3 was from getting used to the physical Xbox One controller than it was any sort of perceptible input lag. Spammy dash dances, being able to platform around X enemies on the super tiny lava platforms in Blazin' Flizard's stage, dashing under bullets on Mantisk's caterpillar mini-boss , it all felt like I remembered it.

Thanks for sharing!

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear - for comparison how did you find the X Collection?

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear - for comparison how did you find the X Collection?
My opinion's not far off from the popular take. X1-X3 have significant issues that only feel worse when you throw dashing into the mix. Everything else feels fine. To go one step further, I feel like Turbo mode Mega Man Legacy Collection on the Switch is a good experience (At least recently. I remember it being weirder at launch and I have no clue if it got an update). I'm still waiting for the Digital Foundry coverage before I jump into this one regardless.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really like the way they've got the dual screens laid out. I wish wed see more DS ports done in the manner.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
VERY blown out of proportion. The games are perfectly playable, but the slight input lag does exist and if you play the games regularly on other systems it might be noticeable. Shame Capcom didnt adress it but eh, worse things could have happened.

Anyway, all this sounds great, just hoping the Switch version isnt gonna suffer.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope they give us the japanse dub for ZXA too, would be weird if we have the jpn dub for ZX but not ZXA.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
How does ZX compare to the Zero games? Is the gameplay more or less the same or did they massively change anything up?

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the new audio will fix the line problem. The lines in ZX Advent were read in such a way that the sentence would only continue if you pressed a button so each part of the sentence would sound off and disyointed.

Instead of the line sounding like : "Ashe, lets run to the power plant."

It was,

"Ashe *press a* lets run to *press a* the power plant"
I forgot about this. Yeah, hopefully the new option deals with it.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Can they please use the remastered soundtracks please? I will pay for an option.

SturokBGD

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
VERY blown out of proportion. The games are perfectly playable, but the slight input lag does exist and if you play the games regularly on other systems it might be noticeable. Shame Capcom didnt adress it but eh, worse things could have happened.

Anyway, all this sounds great, just hoping the Switch version isnt gonna suffer.
Don't listen to this.

The Switch versions of MMX-3 are turds. "Slight" input lag my ass. The other games are fine.

Never fixed.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields

Nah they're shit. I miss so many wall clings and jumps to it.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Don't listen to this.

The Switch versions of MMX-3 are turds. "Slight" input lag my ass. The other games are fine.

Never fixed.
It just depends on how sensitive you are to input lag, and how much experience you already have with the games. I'm playing the X games for the first time on Switch and have no problem with the input lag. It's there, but I don't notice it while playing, and it feels far from being a "turd". But, I also understand why others would think otherwise.

RadioJoNES

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"In the second video there was notable lag on the Switch vs the Xbox One gameplay from the day prior, but it's unknown whether that was based on the TV (the video was oddly cropped on that screen) or the Switch version itself."

God damn it Capcom

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
It just depends on how sensitive you are to input lag, and how much experience you already have with the games. I'm playing the X games for the first time on Switch and have no problem with the input lag. It's there, but I don't notice it while playing, and it feels far from being a "turd". But, I also understand why others would think otherwise.

I've been playing the crap out of X2 since it launched on Wii U VC and Switch/PS4 XLC felt totally fine. Could still do air dashes and precise, speedy jumps just like on Wii U and had no problems beating that game many times. It was X1 that felt a bit off as dashes were very annoying to pull off compared to Wii U/SNES Mini and there's a part in Sigma 1 that makes it annoying. Not unplayable by any means but something that is a bit of a problem (evidently not one big enough for them to feel the need to patch however). X1 on PS4 also had some real terrible screen tearing for what that's worth. X3 felt pretty fine too but it was in the middle of X1-2. I think it's the SNES games as a whole since the others were ported and thus the others were much better performing. I kinda find it weird that people forget there's more to the X Series than 1-3 though since XLC2 is 100% perfect porting wise.

I will say though that the PAX preview seems far worse than the input lag in both MMXC and MMLC1 Switch (with turbo on), and reminds me of the atrocity that's the Sega Genesis Classic compilation on Switch. Now THAT has unplayable input lag for Sonic and pretty much ever platformer that isn't Shadow Dancer, so I really hope it's just due to the wonky TV.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Don't listen to this.

Never fixed.
This is some high class exaggeration lmao. This isnt Heavenly Sword were talking about here, the games play damn fine, played X2 on my Switch again just yesterday to re-confirm this, no problems.
Nah they're shit. I miss so many wall clings and jumps to it.
Nah man they're good, I can still do iceless without issue (not to mention rest of the games lol) so I really dont know where this is coming from, like I said people who played those games on other consoles regularly will feel it differently, especially if they keep playing them there after playing the Collection. Not to say the input lag isnt there but you guys really make it sound worse than it is.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
This is some high class exaggeration lmao. This isnt Heavenly Sword were talking about here, the games play damn fine, played X2 on my Switch again just yesterday to re-confirm this, no problems.

Nah man they're good, I can still do iceless without issue (not to mention rest of the games lol) so I really dont know where this is coming from, like I said people who played those games on other consoles regularly will feel it differently, especially if they keep playing them there after playing the Collection. Not to say the input lag isnt there but you guys really make it sound worse than it is.

I understand that you don't notice it, but to simply say it isn't an issue is a huge overstatement. I still played and beat X1-3, but damn did they make me have to relearn my "flow". I never played the Wii U releases of X2/3 to compare, but the X collection on PS4/Switch are not fun for those who grew up on the SNES and played these games to death. I'm not trying to attack your opinion at all, and I get that some people are not sensitive to lag... but you really should look into playing these games on an actual SNES. It's night and day difference, and its more than just a CRT tv vs modern HD TVs.

I can forgive some input lag for sure, and if the Zero/ZX collection has minimal lag I'll buy it day one, but If it behaves like the X1-3 ports then I'm out.

vNTxAQp.png

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Please give it to inti. Don't let this release be affected by lag. :(

I understand that you don't notice it, but to simply say it isn't an issue is a huge overstatement. I still played and beat X1-3, but damn did they make me have to relearn my "flow". I never played the Wii U releases of X2/3 to compare, but the X collection on PS4/Switch are not fun for those who grew up on the SNES and played these games to death. I'm not trying to attack your opinion at all, and I get that some people are not sensitive to lag... but you really should look into playing these games on an actual SNES. It's night and day difference, and its more than just a CRT tv vs modern HD TVs.

I can forgive some input lag for sure, and if the Zero/ZX collection has minimal lag I'll buy it day one, but If it behaves like the X1-3 ports then I'm out.

vNTxAQp.png
Are there any tests for X2, and X3?

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

vNTxAQp.png
It is an issue but it isnt a HUGE one, I understand that people who played these games on SNES will feel differently about switching between versions but what Im trying to get at is that the games still play and feel excellent despite that, it isnt the Sonic situation mentioned above by Seafoam Gaming (and I can attest to this, that version is just bad). The thing is, people arent going to get out of their way to find a SNES in 2019 for 3 games because of slight input lag, or hell even the SNES mini with how underproduced it was by Nintendo, so if a person would want to check these games out he would go to their console of choice (or not so legal means), and the proposition here isnt unplayable, it isnt even bad. It is worse than the SNES version I wont argue that but I dont think by enough that they should be discauraged, hell they probably wouldnt even notice it themselves. As far as Zero Collection goes, I do hope it was just weird TV's at fault because I can deal with XL1's input lag like I said, but Sonic one would actually be a problem.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
"In the second video there was notable lag on the Switch vs the Xbox One gameplay from the day prior, but it's unknown whether that was based on the TV (the video was oddly cropped on that screen) or the Switch version itself."

God damn it Capcom
Seriously. How do you fuck that up repeatedly?

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Please give it to inti. Don't let this release be affected by lag. :(

Are there any tests for X2, and X3?

I haven't seen anything specifically for X2 and X3, but I'd assume it runs similar to X1 on the Wii U, 3DS, and PS2/Gamecube.

Best guess is:
SNES > Wii U gamepad > 3DS=PS2 >>>> X1/Switch/PS4.

It's annoying how well SNES games run on fan made emulators, and even playing X2/3 on a hacked SNES-mini feels pretty close to the original.

This video shows how X1 does on every platform (7:10-7:12)so we can assume every version X2/X3 are on will run similar given they were done by the same people.