• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
I did some quick testing and the monitor and wireless controller adds a little bit more. What's strange is that the PS4 version, running through the same setup feels a tiny bit more responsive. I don't think it's something most people would notice, but I think there's a slight difference there. It might be an OS issue that they can't account for. Anyway, 1 or 2 frames is something that easy to get used to and the Switch version has portability in its favor.

You can also play with the Pro Controller connected through USB, which should reduce the lag by like 3 milliseconds.

ITSMILNER

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If i'm Importing this into the UK, where is the best to order from? Amazon.com?

Also, how do I change my account to US to download MMLC2 and then change it back again?

Mikespit1200

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like there's a bit more lag on the Switch in portable mode than on the PS4. Has anyone done any testing or fiddled with settings to minimize input lag? Granted I might just be spoiled from playing an original NES with a CRT.

FuzzyAssassin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like there's a bit more lag on the Switch in portable mode than on the PS4. Has anyone done any testing or fiddled with settings to minimize input lag? Granted I might just be spoiled from playing an original NES with a CRT.

In my imprecise tests, I feel that the PS4 version is about +1 frame of lag compared to my Analogue NT, and that the Switch docked is another +1 or +2 frames on top of that. Handheld mode feels to be about the same as, but maybe a little slower than, the PS4.

Analogue NT > PS4 >= Switch Handheld > Switch Docked

Everything except for the handheld Switch are running through the same setup.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Should I grab 1 or 2? I'm only going to play one of the collections right now and the tipping point for me was seeing that there's a rewind feature now. I'll eventually get both though and I don't have any problem playing them out of order. Not sure I'll even finish every game either so I guess my next question is which games I should play out of the ten

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Should I grab 1 or 2? I'm only going to play one of the collections right now and the tipping point for me was seeing that there's a rewind feature now. I'll eventually get both though and I don't have any problem playing them out of order. Not sure I'll even finish every game either so I guess my next question is which games I should play out of the ten

Only Collection 1 has the rewind feature. Collection 2 has checkpoints.

Games to definitely play: 2, 3, 9

Highly Recommended games: 4, (6), (8), 10

The rest: 1, 5, (7)

Games in parenthesis represent games I haven't played but my understanding of how "the community" views them.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great OT.

I already got the first MM collection on a humble bundle sale on PS4. I might get the second on switch but I dont think I like classic MM very much. Tried to just right into MM3 (since I love it's OST the most) but I just dont like the way it feels much.

Guess I'm waiting for the X collection.
I started with the Zero/Legends series BTW.

RetroCCN

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone else noticed a little bit more input lag when docked and using a Pro Controller instead of handheld mode with the connected Joy Cons? I feel that there's an extra frame or two of input lag.

Interestingly, I noticed a lot more input lag when playing Collection 1 than did with Collection 2. I was able to play every game in Collection 2 with little difficulty, but I was having a hard time playing Collection 1 at all when docked.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

2 and 3 are probably series highlights so I'd always vote for Collection 1...

Scythesurge

Oct 25, 2017
Just picked up the collection, started up MM2 and went to Metal Man stage and almost immediately I noticed a large amount of latency, as my habit of shooting along to the music isn't working on this version. I thought it could just be me but my 3DS virtual console version doesn't have this issue (and it certainly isn't an issue playing on my NES). Tried out all the different settings (and yes handheld vs TV as well) and MM 1&2 have noticeable latency. Wondered if Legacy collection 2 was the same and upon starting MM9 I noticed it has significantly less latency. I'm going to play some more but my initial impression is that the latency on collection 1 is nearly unplayable for me.

Edit: Maybe it's a physical vs. digital thing??

Last edited:

Jtrov

Oct 25, 2017
Mega Man 8 is such an odd game and yet after all these years it's still the one I gravitate to the most. I don't know what it is exactly, but I adore the hell out of it either way and I can't turn away. I was hoping to blast through 7 for the first time ever (never owned it, only rented), but here I am playing through 8 for what feels like the 100th time lol. I will get to 7 eventually... but now I'm getting the urge to play some Endless Mode in 9 or 10. Love having all this Mega Man to sift through.

Deleted member 11626

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Only Collection 1 has the rewind feature. Collection 2 has checkpoints.

Games to definitely play: 2, 3, 9

Highly Recommended games: 4, (6), (8), 10

The rest: 1, 5, (7)

Games in parenthesis represent games I haven't played but my understanding of how "the community" views them.

2 and 3 are probably series highlights so I'd always vote for Collection 1...

Thanks! I'll be snagging collection 1 tonight then

FuzzyAssassin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just picked up the collection, started up MM2 and went to Metal Man stage and almost immediately I noticed a large amount of latency, as my habit of shooting along to the music isn't working on this version. I thought it could just be me but my 3DS virtual console version doesn't have this issue (and it certainly isn't an issue playing on my NES). Tried out all the different settings (and yes handheld vs TV as well) and MM 1&2 have noticeable latency. Wondered if Legacy collection 2 was the same and upon starting MM9 I noticed it has significantly less latency. I'm going to play some more but my initial impression is that the latency on collection 1 is nearly unplayable for me.

Edit: Maybe it's a physical vs. digital thing??

Did you get Collection 1 digitally or physically? I'm playing digitally and I have the noticeable input lag.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait...are there code redemption issues with the physical version in the US? I'm about to order this.

Edit - Now I'm reading about input lag?? ohhh boy. Gonna' need some more impressions before I bite.

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
I have the physical version of Collection 1, I wouldn't think that would affect it. I did a basic frame advance test using my phone camera and my result is ~7 frames of lag for C1 vs ~5 frames of lag for C2.

I've played Mega Man 2 a lot of ways on a lot of platforms including Virtual Console, NES Classic Mini, PS4, and an Analogue NT and there doesn't seem to be any kind of input lag that's effecting my gameplay. Maybe there is some, but it's nothing that's changing the way these games have felt to me before.

TheGoodLife

Oct 27, 2017
I am loving the rewind feature in C1, as it helps with learning enemy and boss patterns. Also, I finally beat MM1 for the first time ever :)

TheGoodLife

Oct 27, 2017
The Challenge Mode in Legacy 1 is really good. I only owned the 3DS version, and this version has leaderboards, with video uploads of every run, and you can TAKE OVER in the middle of a video of someone's run! That's super cool! You can even rewind replays of other people's runs so you can relook at "How did they do that?".

Nice job, this does feel like an upgrade even though I only own 3DS version. I'm probably only going to play MM2 and do the Challenge Mode, and it feels worth the $14.99.

That is super awesome! I had no idea about those features!

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
I have the physical version of Collection 1, I wouldn't think that would affect it. I did a basic frame advance test using my phone camera and my result is ~7 frames of lag for C1 vs ~5 frames of lag for C2.
Was that on a tv or the Switch screen?

It does seem laggier than 3DS, even handheld, but it's not anything game breaking for me.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017

It does seem laggier than 3DS, even handheld, but it's not anything game breaking for me.

Heh i havent noticed. I produly ranked #1 on the MM2 Challenge 1 Leaderboards this evening on docked mode with a pro controller. I didnt notice the lag. Im just not aware enough to notice i guess...

Scythesurge

Oct 25, 2017

It was on my TV, I was gonna do some handheld tests but I got caught up playing lol. I'm starting to adapt to this version but it still feels off, I would say I'm more sensitive to latency like that than others it seems. IMO for most people it's probably fine.

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
I just steamrolled through Mega Man 2 without a problem docked. I've played these games a lot recently on all kinds of hardware and it felt completely fine to me.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I wasn't going to buy the game anytime soon, but then I found out the early releases come with a 30th anniversary cleaning cloth that looks really cool, so yep, I ended up buying it.

Oct 28, 2017
The cloth is inside the box?.

Yes.

cloth.png

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Great OT, OP. You gettin' paid for this? Lol. This sounds really dope. Can't tell how I feel about the MMLC2 being download only but if I get that awesome cloth with the first edition then my collector's intuition may just be satiated...
wtf is the cloth...

-A beginner's mode has been included, which reduces Megaman's damage by half.
Does this apply to all the games included? If so I may just finally get into Mega Man.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited: