• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
thum_standard-edition.jpg

Platforms: Switch, Steam, PS4, PS5(crossplay for all platforms)
Release date: April 24, 2024 5PM PST
Price: standard, $50; deluxe $70 (deluxe upgrade is $25) digital only

official site:
www.megaton-musashi.jp

MEGATON MUSASHI W: WIRED

Language, copy, or console, MEGATON MUSASHI transcends all borders!
Overview video:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3mEq_N0oWbQ&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.megaton-musashi.jp%2F&source_ve_path=MjM4NTE&feature=emb_title
Story trailer(with English theme):

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FfHvbTtMO5Y&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.megaton-musashi.jp%2F&source_ve_path=MjM4NTE&feature=emb_title
Quick info:
This is an action game where you pilot a giant robot suit in a mysterious post apocalyptic world while collecting parts and chips to upgrade and personalize your mecha. The story mode is quite large and expansive, and there's also a set of online modes as well

This game is the first western release in the series, and is a combination of all the content from the original Japanese release Megaton Musashi and the FTP Megaton Musashi X(now ending with a content transfer option for those who did play it), plus a new story arc and new parts and skills. It contains all the story content of the original releases as well as X's 3v3 online mode. All MTX features from X have been removed, but the cosmetic dlc from its limited time events is available for purchase*(as of right now only confirmed for the Japanese release. Including the crossover Korone and Yokai watch navigators).

Customization:
You can freely swap out your physical parts as you like on your suit and modify the colors.
img_slide_customize01.jpg

There are also 9 weapon types(5 melee, 4 ranger) you can choose from. You also are able to customize the motherboard to choose your special moves and modify abilities

img_slide_customize03.jpg

Collab suits:
There are currently 4 collab suits unlockable in the game: Mazinger Z, Getter Robo, Voltes V, and Combattler V. They are unlocked via challenge missions that become available in story mode once you reach a certain point. The site promises more to come but there's no precise info(however Grendizer which was added in X and in early ads for this game is currently not available. Unknown why but could maybe return later?). Would love to see some more 70/80's suits make it in.
Unlock info:
Both V suits get unlocked by the V family story mission that becomes available in Chapter 3. After completing it you get a set of both as low ranked versions and the mission gets a side mission version for grinding. Each suit has 2 exclusive special moves you can unlock.
Mazinger Z/Getter Robo each get an unlock mission. Rest is the same as V. Mid Chapter 7 is when they become available

Note: colors can't be changed for crossover units. Each mission also can reward a unique weapon for each suit

img_slide_collabo02.jpg

6f76ce6158056ef2437e8ac4d8d7719b5f5be70cc859941c8f19964b27acb66e

Tie-in anime global release:
Crunchyroll will be distributing, will change to a trailer or something when it release

View: https://twitter.com/WTK/status/1773329865590129125

FAQ
What's in the deluxe edition:

This edition features the following extras:
- Limited-edition Rogues: Kurandi Delta, & Sir Wilde
- Limited-edition Weapons: Tempest Rider & Shell Holder
- Limited-edition Pilot Attire: Teru (Uniform), Ryugo (Uniform), & Reiji (Uniform)
- Limited-edition Victory Pose: Laughing
- Additional Premium Pass rewards
- Digital artbook containing unpublished reference materials (viewable in-game)

(Unless you want the artbook not a ton you need here. If you buy base there's a $25 upgrade pack if you change your mind later)

What's the deal with the battle pass:
For right now it seems to be a carryover from X. It's just material drops that refreshes at the end of the month. Nothing time limited or exclusive to worry about at the moment*
I already saw people playing on PS?
Deluxe edition gave 3 day early access on PS only. It's been buggy so you didn't miss much
Does the game support crossplay and cross progression?
Yes to both! However cross progression does require an epic games account

How do you get colosseum items?
They have a low chance of dropping in certain side missions. They are listed on the fourth mission info tab.

I have a ton of items, is there a quick way to dismantle?
Yes, go to the laboratory menu and go to the dismantle page. You can then press + and a filter menu will pop up. You can select rarity, which form it goes to and below what rank and it'll auto select all applicable parts. Then press the dismantle button and it's done(well after you've double checked)

Sorry it's a bit basic, just tossed it together on a whim. Happy to add more to it in general if anyone has anything to contribute. Same goes for FAQ. I went standard for anyone wondering. Wanted a place for us who are grabbing it to chat. And for online. If anybody has questions ask away

Well it's now live who grabbed it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Great informative OT.
There's Yokai watch stuff?!
I really hope that comes out in the west too!
Here's the Japan dlc page with everything that Carried over from X
www.megaton-musashi.jp

メガトン級ムサシW(ワイアード)

『メガトン級ムサシ』は、世界・ハード・作品の垣根を超える――。
Didn't include it in the OP cause there's no global equivalent yet plus it's all cosmetic. Also yeah it's the mascot as a navigator like Korone

img_v-navigator_01.jpg

img_v-navigator_02.jpg

Also currently no info on post launch support but some has been teased and promised

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Game is out!
Looks like the cosmetic dlc is available here too.
But gotta say those are some hefty dlc prices!
Almost 10$ for Jibanyan, which I assume is basically just a 2d image?

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Game is out!
Looks like the cosmetic dlc is available here too.
But gotta say those are some hefty dlc prices!
Almost 10$ for Jibanyan, which I assume is basically just a 2d image?
And voice lines. Yeah they were originally event rewards. Don't know if they'll rerun those or do something new, there's no info yet

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't expecting to buy this but figured since I had some credit left and with the refund window on Steam why not. I have a soft spot for Level 5. Pleasantly surprised that the port seems, decent? Has ultrawide support for the gameplay (story scenes/dialogue is capped at 16:9 and considering theres very tiny black bars at 21:9 I assume it doesn't have 32:9 support), hdr support, high framerate support, and more graphical options than I would have expected.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Wait this game finally got localized? Is there a physical release?
Yup literally just released. Digital only outside Japan, this is actually the third revision with all the content of the first 2 versions barring some licensed stuff plus new stuff. Also has crossplay!

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Just did the training mission. I can already tell I'm going like the leads buddy rival Ryuki XD. So far zero issues on switch, no load times and runs super smooth. But I'm now in wind down vibes so I'm swapping to FFIX for the evening. At the climax point of that, i think
Oh but Megaton Musashi wired is totally vibing with me.

hah one of the launch bonuses is a set of Hololive decals for your mech. And a Yokai watch pair. check your mailbox ingame folks once you reach it XD.

Definitely curious to see future support, give me more collab suits! Would love to see Steel Jeeg, Gai-King, Daltonious, Albegos, or how bout Gloiser X.

Edit: menu info mentions future events, would not be surprised if we got some collab ones

Last edited:

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
I kinda want this videogame despite not knowing it existed before 2 hours ago.

English OP, World Cup P1 New
OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Holy shit....I love that series. Brought
With Getter Robo/Genesis of Aquarion flavor for theming and story(heck you can unlock Getter Robo, Mazinger Z, Combattler V and Voltes V as collab suits)
Great OT!
Is this getting a new release in Japan too?
Yes, not sure on physical but this is wholesale replacing X over there(with X ending and having a content transfer to wired). It's also why there's already a bunch of random cosmetic dlc that's a little pricy, most of it was event rewards from X.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
I really need some impressions and reviews, I'm surprised at how little coverage this game is getting from outlets.

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow I had no idea this was out so soon even having been following the game haha let's go though, think I'll grab this for switch and support level 5!

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Somehow I had no idea this was out so soon even having been following the game haha let's go though, think I'll grab this for switch and support level 5!

I don't blame you, there was no like no marketing for this (which makes me wonder what L5's sales expectations actually are). I was only reminded that it was coming out in the last couple days myself.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Don't worry it dropped like half a day early and they didn't advertise PS randomly having 3 day early access as a deluxe version bonus XD.

Welcome to the switch party, that's where I'm at. Hopefully we at least get X's 2 years of random events and collabs. The game does say events will be coming in the future… with no tease of when. Hoping for some more 70's/80's suits myself

chrisdm

Oct 27, 2017
Northeast United States
So far it runs perfectly. Will post if I run into any problems. Very comfy in bed.

You're awesome! Thank you for this!

I'm also tempted to double dip on PS5 and PC to support Level-5, but it sounds like a lot of players are going with Switch too. I can't recall, but does this game have online/multiplayer features that would make me want to play on the most populated platform?

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
You're awesome! Thank you for this!

I'm also tempted to double dip on PS5 and PC to support Level-5, but it sounds like a lot of players are going with Switch too. I can't recall, but does this game have online/multiplayer features that would make me want to play on the most populated platform?
I put it in the FAQ but the game supports crossplay on all platforms and even has cross-progression via an epic games account login

chrisdm

Oct 27, 2017
Northeast United States
I put it in the FAQ but the game supports crossplay on all platforms and even has cross-progression via an epic games account login

Oh man, thank you for pointing that out! Clearly I am too tired after getting out of work as I even scanned your post and must have scanned right by it.

Thanks for an awesome OT by the way! Cannot wait to dive in.

So far it runs perfectly. Will post if I run into any problems. Very comfy in bed.

Does it run at 60 or over out of curiosity if you don't mind me asking?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
For anyone interested in the guest robots, you get the Combattler/Voltes mission (and then unlock their parts after finishing it) as soon as the 3rd story mission open (4th if counting the tutorial battle). They open at the same time as the next actual main story mission and you can choose which one you tackle first.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
+1 as someone who never even heard of this IP until I saw a tweet lamenting this game's 'stealth' drop lol.

I remember enjoying that LBX localized release we got on 3ds. seems like a spirtual successor but more... 'serious'?

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Oh man, thank you for pointing that out! Clearly I am too tired after getting out of work as I even scanned your post and must have scanned right by it.

Thanks for an awesome OT by the way! Cannot wait to dive in.

Does it run at 60 or over out of curiosity if you don't mind me asking?
Haven't tested going over 60, but it remains a solid 60 FPS for me! I was too addicted playing I lost track of time.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
You have to wonder what the plan was dropping it with no fanfare in a week of like 5+ other game releases. I almost didn't buy it but I'm kinda glad I did because it's actually pretty fun.

Like others in this thread, I didn't realise what it was fully or that it was coming out till I saw it in the upcoming releases on Steam when I looked through it a few weeks ago.

Junior

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Did you test this on the LCD or OLED? Since OLED has a more efficient chip, it's become harder to tell if games run well on the older LCD models :(
I tried it on my LCD Deck and it holds 60 FPS most of the time, but it does drop down into the 50s when a lot of action is happening on-screen. Personally I ended up capping it to 50 Hz to get the most consistent performance and conserve some battery life.

Chilikar

Dec 15, 2018

Luneth

Aug 5, 2020
As I said in the previous thread, I'm very interested in the game, but I'm considering not giving them any money after putting both PS4 and PS5 versions as separate, full price download. Not cross-gen buy, nor even a upgrade path price. If one of the versions were a late port I could understand, but with both launching at he same time I think this is a first. It reminds me of the PS4-PS3 era, and here I thought we let these times on the past. A bit greedy imo.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Sucks that neither Asia nor Japan got a new physical release, hate paying over 40€ for digital but I don't really want to wait months for a sale… ugh. Decisions. My backlog is disgusting but damn I want to play this…

What's a good gameplay video you've seen around guys?

Don't worry it dropped like half a day early and they didn't advertise PS randomly having 3 day early access as a deluxe version bonus XD.

Welcome to the switch party, that's where I'm at. Hopefully we at least get X's 2 years of random events and collabs. The game does say events will be coming in the future… with no tease of when. Hoping for some more 70's/80's suits myself

Don't understand why Grendizer's/event is nowhere to be seen, that's my most wanted collab.

Magyscar

Oct 25, 2017
This is so good on Steam Deck, it's very handheld friendly with how it's structured.

Anyone know if I need to worry about missing anything? Or am I good to just do whatever whenever.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
+1 as someone who never even heard of this IP until I saw a tweet lamenting this game's 'stealth' drop lol.

I remember enjoying that LBX localized release we got on 3ds. seems like a spirtual successor but more... 'serious'?
More they go full blown classic super robot vs LBX being secret world involving super weapons-disguised as a kids game. Theme song should clue you in there's still some cheese tho XD.
Sucks that neither Asia nor Japan got a new physical release, hate paying over 40€ for digital but I don't really want to wait months for a sale… ugh. Decisions. My backlog is disgusting but damn I want to play this…

What's a good gameplay video you've seen around guys?

Don't understand why Grendizer's/event is nowhere to be seen, that's my most wanted collab.
It was in X and the first announcement but scrubbed from following trailers and the international site. If I had to guess they had to renegotiate for international rights and it didn't make launch. With both the Microids game and the new anime the IP is definitely more in demand these days/might have new hoops. The collab page says and more, so that combined with promised events means we should see something before long(tho not inherently Grendizer but it's possible). Curious to see when they announce the first post launch event tho

You have to wonder what the plan was dropping it with no fanfare in a week of like 5+ other game releases. I almost didn't buy it but I'm kinda glad I did because it's actually pretty fun.

Like others in this thread, I didn't realise what it was fully or that it was coming out till I saw it in the upcoming releases on Steam when I looked through it a few weeks ago.
Oddly enough they did get 8 international press organizations for a tournament. Tho didn't they shut down/downsize their western branch a while back? It's possible they just don't have much of a western advertising arm anymore unless they partner with someone… which is foolish of course.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Oddly enough they did get 8 international press organizations for a tournament. Tho didn't they shut down/downsize their western branch a while back? It's possible they just don't have much of a western advertising arm anymore unless they partner with someone… which is foolish of course.
They shut their western branch down a few years back yeah. To be honest I think a lot of us thought at the time it meant they weren't going to localise much at all, so I guess this is better than that. Though you'd think they'd have maybe out sourced/partnered up with a company that could publicise for them. .

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I can't believe this is the first I'm hearing about this game, it looks extremely my jam. Thanks for making this thread, I'm adding it to my Steam wishlist and will definitely check it out.