• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I thought this was just a lovely moment in a cynical world.

Dylan Alcott has won multiple quad wheelchair gold medals at the Olympics and multiple grand slams including all four in 2021. He is also Australia's man of the year 2022.

Last edited:

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Kinda weird how the thread title side-lined said tennis player by not actually naming him. Was very happy seeing Dylan Allcott win Australian of the year, not only is he a fantastic tennis player and media presenter but he has worked tirelessly for the all disabled people. He's a true legend.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Kinda weird how the thread title side-lined said tennis player by not actually naming him. Was very happy seeing Dylan Allcott win Australian of the year, not only is he a fantastic tennis player and media presenter but he has worked tirelessly for the all disabled people. He's a true legend.
He's just an amazing bloke all round, rock solid attitude with astonishing tennis skills. Dylan getting Australian of the Year just shows his strengths and highlights the challenges he has faced.

OP
OP
TechnicPuppet

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
That's my bad. I assumed most people wouldn't know who he is and title was already long.

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
Thread title should name the wheelchair tennis player, also maybe OP should mention he's also Australian of the Year.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Might be useful to amend the title so it reads quad wheelchair since it's a fairly different thing (it requires substantial loss of function in at least one upper limb). There are recent amendments to how players qualify for that division that may have pushed Alcott to retire.

Nice moment. Murray has taken a lot of inspiration from players pushing through adversity since his hip surgery.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TechnicPuppet

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I have asked for a change to thread title and added some more information to the OP. Thanks for the constructive feedback.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That's awesome. I can't even imagine how difficult it must be to play tennis in a wheelchair. This man is extremely talented.