IpKaiFung

Oct 27, 2017
Wales
And part of how they can effectively enforce that will has to be done via the public having confidence in them, this antithesis to that given the context

Nope, the police have the powers required to enforce the laws (even more when spycops bill is granted royal ascent). The consent from the public is just window dressing.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, the police have the powers required to enforce the laws (even more when spycops bill is granted royal ascent). The consent from the public is just window dressing.

I feel like we're coming at this from different angles...

My point is that I want our police to behave well, and for the public to have confidence in them.

This is very much not a good decision in the pursuit of that desire.

Oct 26, 2017
I remember that they lied about that until it became impossible to hide the murder of Menezes as well.

Yep, it was a lesson for the UK that the press should not regurgitate Met statements, but alas no one fucking learns anything ever. Talk to people about that case and they will still come back with lies disseminated by the police, "he was wearing a big jacket for the season"

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
I can't say I'm at all surprised, but what absolutely disgusting behaviour shown by the Met tonight.

Oct 31, 2017
Yep, it was a lesson for the UK that the press should not regurgitate Met statements, but alas no one fucking learns anything ever. Talk to people about that case and they will still come back with lies disseminated by the police, "he was wearing a big jacket for the season"

I remember how the story changed from "terrorist attack foiled" to "innocent man held down and shot repeatedly by police on tube in front of terrified commuters". And then I remember Cressida Dick being promoted

Wogan

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like the Met response to the peaceful vigil deserves its own thread. Utterly disgusting.

Oct 26, 2017
I remember how the story changed from "terrorist attack foiled" to "innocent man held down and shot repeatedly by police on tube in front of terrified commuters". And then I remember Cressida Dick being promoted

She's awful and name totally checks out. I remember people when people would say "he jumped the gate" as an excuse to riddle a man with hollow point bullets.

Jimbobsmells

Nov 17, 2017
Patel crying crocodile tears while trying to push through a bill that limits the right to peaceful protest. Fuck you. Just fuck you.