• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sir Wiart

Mar 11, 2024
Canada
Just saw it now at the bottom of the screen. What do you think it's doing? Build a data base re learning how to communicate? Haven't searched the net yet but think it was just added.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
It's in groups too and opt out. It auto replies to posts if no one has after an hour. In the meta admin groups they invite us too anyone with a brain is pissed off.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
Why on earth would anyone want AI responding to posts no human is interested in?
Precisely. They used in their group too and it's worse than chat gpt. It parrots the post and gives the most generic reply ever. I'd be embarrassed if any of my admins or mods responded like that. It's a staged roll out so who knows when it will drop in the group too.

Oct 27, 2017
Precisely. They used in their group too and it's worse than chat gpt. It parrots the post and gives the most generic reply ever. I'd be embarrassed if any of my admins or mods responded like that. It's a staged roll out so who knows when it will drop in the group too.
This is such a "the dead internet theory might be onto something" development.

OP
OP
Sir Wiart

Sir Wiart

Mar 11, 2024
Canada
Just going for a hike and made a sale using messenger this morning. I like how they add it to everything without a notice esp AI based update.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
They turned comments off on this in what I think is the worse name ever for a group "Facebook Power Admins" which they send invites out to admins of groups. Apparently it was just an overnight thing as it was a bit heated (It dissapeared later the next day).

434622448-934020275121489-4062646869071595937-n.png

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
They already used all of your messages to train their AIs, perhaps not if they're E2E encrypted. But if they're not they are using your messages, this is 100% an assumption you can make. And they're moderating the content that is trained from your messages hiring poorly paid workers in the global south.

Here's a fun statistic. Tech companies offloading LLM content moderation, and other kinds of moderation, to the global south map very closely to historic links of colonialism from country to country. What a coincidence.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
If Meta did that in my group I'd tag Meta AI and tell it to fuck off. I'd then apologise to my members for letting this shit happen and explain we don't want it.

Worse thing is I don't know when it's going to hit. I run a 3K group in which there are 3 active Admins who can all turn it off and a 110k group in which I'm the Admin (Not group owner but the active Admin as the owners do YouTube stuff these days and 20 moderators so it's all on me). Warned everyone we are going to have to deal with this asap and if it's in the bigger group to tag me if it's seen.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Dead internet theory going stronger and stronger I see.
Personally I would see this as an insult if only bots/AI reply to my messages. Only gets creepier when said AI says "We've had / I've heard"

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
This is pathetic. LLM have no intelligence. It's just guessing the next word.
Yep. A mate sent me two screenshots from them and it's literally parrot the comment/post and try and go from there. It's embassing (The fact Facebook ran this on their own admin group should not at all make them concerned especially since they made their EU admin group redundant and merged it all into one Worldwide one. One in which we do not discuss the things that annoy everyone about Facebook; that isn't for the official admin team to speak about, just talk about the positive things).

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
Dead internet theory going stronger and stronger I see.
Personally I would see this as an insult if only bots/AI reply to my messages. Only gets creepier when said AI says "We've had / I've heard"
As an admin I'd feel my group is a bit dead and what's the point. We can all hit ChatGPT and type in stuff.