• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Vito

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
This would most likely not have anything new right? Just a bundle for main game, deluxe content and Separate Ways?
If it's anything like past Gold Editions then it's just all available content packed together.

Christ, this game quickly entered my top 5 games of all time so I would kill to have a complete version for preservation.

OaklandKao

Mar 21, 2022
If it's all on disc, I'm definitely double dipping. Otherwise, I'm continuing to wait for the Deluxe Pack to be less than $20 because I made the mistake of buying a Capcom game physically.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
20231204_140145.jpg

Resident Evil 4: Gold Edition

Resident Evil 4: Gold Edition

Bioshocker

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Well, this game deserves all sales it gets and more. I already bought it twice, including the Collector's Edition so I'm fine.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
This will presumably be the time they add their "unlock everything for ÂŁ3.99" DLC, like the last 3 games.

Might bother with a second play through if they do.

ultraluna

Jun 3, 2020
(that's the unannounced title capcom expects to sell millions til the end of the fiscal year)

Jun 2, 2019
Damn, I should have waited. Somehow I knew this would happen.

So will this version have the DLC on disc like Resident Evil 7, or will it be just a download code like Village?

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Is it being too greedy to hope there is one last piece of DLC to hold us over for a hopeful RE9 announcement in June 2024?

OP
OP
Vito

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I should have waited. Somehow I knew this would happen.

So will this version have the DLC on disc like Resident Evil 7, or will it be just a download code like Village?
That's the question.

Even 7 was missing Not a Hero on disc. Hopefully we can get Mercs and SW on disc at least. I'm fine with the VR mode being a download.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Its prob too much to ask but would be cool if this included Separate Ways in VR. The entirety of the base campaign alone being in VR is amazing on its own, but I want it all just the same :P

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
NGL, Capcom should titled this the RE4 Nemesis Edition and had a box cover of Leon knife-fighting his arch-nemesis, Oven Man. Missed out on the funniest thing they could've done.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
NGL, Capcom should titled this the RE4 Nemesis Edition and had a box cover of Leon knife-fighting his arch-nemesis, Oven Man. Missed out on the funniest thing they could've done.
It's funny because this remake is fantastic, but the remake version of Oven Man lands very limply.

It's one of those weird things post-RE2 remake where you sometimes feel like Capcom is worried about scaring players? Even if you never played the original the remake just sign posts that something is going to happen with that oven in a way that feels intentional but also the way he flys out of the oven deflates it too. In OG because of the way the room is laid out you may not even be looking at the oven when he explodes out of it and instead of screams of pain and flailing he explodes out of the oven screaming, arms out, charging you. It maybe doesn't make a ton of sense when you think about it but that's part of the comedy of it when you examine the oven and it's an effective scare.

It's a very minor thing in an otherwise masterful remake but you mentioned Oven Man so I felt the need to express my minor gripe. lol

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny because this remake is fantastic, but the remake version of Oven Man lands very limply.

It's one of those weird things post-RE2 remake where you sometimes feel like Capcom is worried about scaring players? Even if you never played the original the remake just sign posts that something is going to happen with that oven in a way that feels intentional but also the way he flys out of the oven deflates it too. In OG because of the way the room is laid out you may not even be looking at the oven when he explodes out of it and instead of screams of pain and flailing he explodes out of the oven screaming, arms out, charging you. It maybe doesn't make a ton of sense when you think about it but that's part of the comedy of it when you examine the oven and it's an effective scare.

It's a very minor thing in an otherwise masterful remake but you mentioned Oven Man so I felt the need to express my minor gripe. lol

There was an interview on Youtube where Capcom developers said some players found RE7 too scary and they toned that stuff down in Village. It's been awhile since I watched it, so I might be remembering wrong.

Jan 11, 2018
It should.

Hopefully it's real and has all content on the disc. Mercs and SW are too good to not preserve.

I am unfortunately expecting it to be a stupid 1.0 disc packed with a voucher...

I really would love to see Capcom release physical PS5 versions of all RE Engine remakes (and RE7) with all content on disc. But it seems they no longer care to milk their games like that. No physical for MH Rise either. This would have been a given during the PS4 era.

But then, this might also just be a digital re-release given how quiet they've been about it and how close we are to its leaked release date.

OP
OP
Vito

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
I am unfortunately expecting it to be a stupid 1.0 disc packed with a voucher...

I really would love to see Capcom release physical PS5 versions of all RE Engine remakes (and RE7) with all content on disc. But it seems they no longer care to milk their games like that. No physical for MH Rise either. This would have been a given during the PS4 era.

But then, this might also just be a digital re-release given how quiet they've been about it and how close we are to its leaked release date.
We shall see. I'm fine with RE:2 and RE:3 not getting PS5 releases since they never got significant DLC and the PS4 disc builds were very good without problems playing on a PS5.

There's always the Switch 2 release that is obviously coming or maybe a PS6 remaster.

Jan 11, 2018
We shall see. I'm fine with RE:2 and RE:3 not getting PS5 releases since they never got significant DLC and the PS4 disc builds were very good without problems playing on a PS5.

There's always the Switch 2 release that is obviously coming or maybe a PS6 remaster.

Yeah, but would still love to have the native PS5 versions preserved on disc.