Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
keep it going. get this game into the general publics mind. get the game to the goated status it deserve amongst all of humanity.

Killyoh

Oct 28, 2017
Paris, France
maxresdefault.jpg

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Gen Z discovering MGR has been the most wonderful thing. It's everywhere on my TikTok feed now.

I remember playing when it came out and being absolutely aghast at the absurdity and music and the memes. Watching a whole other subset of people go through it again a decade later is kind of nuts.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I've been playing it on Xbox Series X via backwards compatibility this month. So it seems I'm doing my part.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I've owned it on Steam since it launched but hadn't played it. I think Steam Deck is definitely an excuse to finally play it.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Awesome ha. In my case I was playing it again on Steam Deck, maybe that could be pushing numbers too? Ha

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
did something happened recently that i missed?

I've seen memes from it for years now, what changed?
It all just accelerated really. Some recent viral video essays about the game contributed more than likely, but Armstrong and Jetstream Sam memes have come recently in all shapes, forms and sizes.

Tsumami

Feb 3, 2022
Once again, the best Metal Gear game. If you disagree you're just wrong. Sorry not sorry.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
it's amazing what video games can be when they just decide to be fun.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Does it have any upscaling or additional graphical fidelity? I'm trying to decide between this or PC version for a playthrough.
Sadly, it's locked at 720p, but it runs as smooth as butter. My PC is a tablet, so I'm sticking with console. If you have capable PC hardware, though, I'd recommend that route.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
I have to imagine the recent videos from people like Jacob Geller and Cr1TiKaL have helped, though that might be a chicken and egg situation. Geller's video in particular comments on the resurgence.

that's amazing, is that amstrong's voice actor doing this? Please post more memes! Also what is the viral video?
That's just Gianni, a voice actor who got internet-famous doing impressions and narrating memes. He's had to pull back on that stuff since it sounds like he's getting a lot of regular VO work now.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
BORN.

INTO-A-PACK.

THERES NO CHOICE....BUT TO TAKE ORDERS TO ATTACK. LOCKED-UP-IN CHAINS.

I GET FED. BUT THE HUUUUNGEERRR STILL REEEMAAAAINNNS!

GSwcPzv.gif

Last edited:

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
that's amazing, is that amstrong's voice actor doing this? Please post more memes! Also what is the viral video?
Nah, Gianni's just a popular VA on Twitter who's got a lot of range. He's done some stuff for actual games too but most people know of him for his silly meme vids.

As for the video essays, we had a topic about one recently.

www.resetera.com

Why Does Metal Gear Rising keep getting more popular? (Jacob Geller)

Will we ever again get a crazy game like this? 30 years of playing video games every single day, I don't remember many other games that are as absurdly hype and adrenaline pumping as Metal Gear Rising. I need more. I hope Bayonetta 3 will do us good. Also, memes

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
People one day will wake up and realize MGR is literally one of the best MG games with better writing and themes than MGSV or MGS4.

BUT FOR NOW!!!

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks a lot, OP.

Gonna be stuck listening to the Revengeance soundtrack on Spotify all day now.

I lied. I was doing that anyway.

Tsumami

Feb 3, 2022
I feel like the standing here meme is what did this, after that one everything started popping off

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
People one day will wake up and realize MGR is literally one of the best MG games with better writing and themes than MGSV or MGS4.

BUT FOR NOW!!!

That's what memelords who can't admit they're memelords claim.

MGR never took itself seriously and now we have people taking it seriously.