• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Konami

Screenshot-20230806-032648-Firefox.jpg

metal-gear-solid-mgs.gif

Last edited:

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
most of the sales coming from the most popular Metal Gear game, Metal Gear Survive 😈

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder how much the Master Collections will sell.

If done well I can see the MGS3 remake selling 5 million at least.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Could've probably been close to or above 80M by now. Konami has been amazingly shit at leveraging the biggest titles of their back catalog. Capcom has managed to sell over 40M copies of back catalog RE titles in the last ten years just through ports and an active sales strategy. Not even counting RE7, 8 or the remakes. And never mind DMC, Dead Rising, SF, Mega Man and so on.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Arguably my favourite franchise. So so tempted to replay 2 lately but will wait for Fall for the collection.

Konami just let someone develop a new game, it doesn't need Kojima 🫣

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
60 dollars seems fine for what is offered?
I feel like a re-release of games which were already re-released a decade ago for $50 with more content than we're getting here is asking a bit much to be honest. Guess how much Vol. 2 will cost in addition to this? Maybe they'll get by with the fact that these games will be new to a lot of the platforms it's releasing on. Those games are currently stuck on older machines.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like a re-release of games which were already re-released a decade ago for $50 with more content than we're getting here is asking a bit much to be honest. Guess how much Vol. 2 will cost in addition to this? Maybe they'll get by with the fact that these games will be new to a lot of the platforms it's releasing on. Those games are currently stuck on older machines.
Oh it's 50. That's even better.

50 seems cheap for what it's offered to me. As long as volume 2 has MGS4 they can charge 100 and I will pay it.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Oh it's 50. That's even better.

50 seems cheap for what it's offered to me. As long as volume 2 has MGS4 they can charge 100 and I will pay it.
No. Master Collection Volume 1 is $60.

The Legacy Collection that released in 2013 was $50 and also included MGS4 and Peace Walker HD. I also don't mind what they charge for MGS4 to an extent but they're kinda fleecing people with these collections.

goldenboy

Mar 8, 2023
The series deserves so much more.

MGS 1-3 aged like fine wine. Can't wait for the Master Collection.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
So the total sales of the entire MGS series is about equal to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe alone. This kinda surprises me given the amount of discussion the series generates.

YohraUtopia

Apr 1, 2021
The Legacy Collection that released in 2013 was $50 and also included MGS4 and Peace Walker HD. I also don't mind what they charge for MGS4 to an extent but they're kinda fleecing people with these collections.

I have this and still have a working PS3 and man, this was such a great re-release. I think I read that master collection 2 will have 4, 5, Peace Walker but to justify the double collection/price, it'd be amazing just to throw Rising on there too at least (I also love rising so...) EDIT: Controversial but I also think they could sweeten the deal with Twin Snakes (possibly some rights issues there.)

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
That is a lot of discounted MGS V on steam :O

So the total sales of the entire MGS series is about equal to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe alone. This kinda surprises me given the amount of discussion the series generates.
MK does not really have a lot of lore to discuss now does it? :P
Execpt when it comes to the speedrun community that same the same amount of lore as the MGS combined :P