• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fudus

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2020
How does this tie into the Kojima-Konami conspiracy lore?

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm literally replaying the game now and this thread almost gave me a heart attack.

With an engine as scalable as Fox, you'd think a simple resolution bump and 120fps would be easily achievable.

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Never be game over.

That agreement process MUST hold the key to finally unlocking episode 51.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Secret code in the update hinting for

Metal Gear Solid VI The Return of Snake

Starring the clone of Solid Snake

Metal Snake

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
That's a lot for an agreement. Does the game still have an active community?

Anyway, the game was such a missed opportunity. They could've added dlc characters from the entire series, with unique abilities(Cyborg Ninja with Sword combat), new missions ranging from over the top(Gurlugon) to re-imaginings of past games as missions.

But Kojima, and Konami don't know anything when it comes to fun, and good fan service.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Don't even know what the fuck that means but Konami keeps delivery absolutely stone-cold brutal disappointments, that's for sure! Kudos I guess?

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know about you guys, but I'm well versed in Hideo Kojima conspiracies. And let me tell you, this is a big one. The gold mine. For you see, Death Stranding takes place in a parallel universe, a subconscious hallucinated reality if you will, of the protagonist we play as in PT. We never see Sam Porter Bridges' long lost partner, because his partner is actually LISA from PT. Death Stranding takes place in an alternate Silent Hill-like reality where Sam must confront being alone and the crimes he committed. But it doesn't end there. By completing Death Stranding Sam effectively "escapes" Silent Hill, which is a construction by The Sorrow / Psycho Mantis to extract information.

This is all leading into Metal Gear Solid 5. Metal Gear Solid V, note the roman numeral, was not a real experience. It is a parallel hallucination of Big Boss that leads into PT that leads into Death Stranding (think dreams within dreams). Hideo Kojima has secretly all this time still be employed by Konami, as Konami has maintained the Kojima Productions trademark. Kojima has been deceptive and let slip in many interviews that the studio has significantly more staff than that which are credited in Death Standing. Why? Because Metal Gear Solid 5, the real one (note the numerical titling), is currently in development and stars Norman Reedus, Mads Mikkelsen, and most of the cast from Death Stranding. Junji Ito is working on the game too, as is del Toro, and it's described as the darkest chapter in the Metal Gear saga, one of which will finally complete the story. The key, they say, is in PT's Lisa. This enigmatic character will link all three digital experiences (Metal Gear Solid 5 x Death Stranding x PT) and is integral to the story as a whole.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
I don't know about you guys, but I'm well versed in Hideo Kojima conspiracies. And let me tell you, this is a big one. The gold mine. For you see, Death Stranding takes place in a parallel universe, a subconscious hallucinated reality if you will, of the protagonist we play as in PT. We never see Sam Porter Bridges' long lost partner, because his partner is actually LISA from PT. Death Stranding takes place in an alternate Silent Hill-like reality where Sam must confront being alone and the crimes he committed. But it doesn't end there. By completing Death Stranding Sam effectively "escapes" Silent Hill, which is a construction by The Sorrow / Psycho Mantis to extract information.

This is all leading into Metal Gear Solid 5. Metal Gear Solid V, note the roman numeral, was not a real experience. It is a parallel hallucination of Big Boss that leads into PT that leads into Death Stranding (think dreams within dreams). Hideo Kojima has secretly all this time still be employed by Konami, as Konami has maintained the Kojima Productions trademark. Kojima has been deceptive and let slip in many interviews that the studio has significantly more staff than that which are credited in Death Standing. Why? Because Metal Gear Solid 5, the real one (note the numerical titling), is currently in development and stars Norman Reedus, Mads Mikkelsen, and most of the cast from Death Stranding. Junji Ito is working on the game too, as is del Toro, and it's described as the darkest chapter in the Metal Gear saga, one of which will finally complete the story. The key, they say, is in PT's Lisa. This enigmatic character will link all three digital experiences (Metal Gear Solid 5 x Death Stranding x PT) and is integral to the story as a whole.
anyone else's pulse racing from this shitpost

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
Oh dammit I was sincerely hoping for next gen patch, or even one x enhancement. Being stuck at 900p on a series x is a travesty.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017

Anyway, the game was such a missed opportunity. They could've added dlc characters from the entire series, with unique abilities(Cyborg Ninja with Sword combat), new missions ranging from over the top(Gurlugon) to re-imaginings of past games as missions.

But Kojima, and Konami don't know anything when it comes to fun, and good fan service.

... this is a joke post right? Kojima doesn't know anything about fun and fan service?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Ahhhhhh I got my Hope's up it was a PS5 patch. 😭😭😭

Friender

Sep 27, 2020
I reviewed the new terms with my attorney. Looks good you guys, think I'm going to accept.

Oct 27, 2017

4 is that way if you are looking for fan service

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
Metal Gear mission 1 included as a tease of what's to come.

Oh, never mind. TOS.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Someone check if Kojima's name still appears before all the missions please
9e98b6f24246b14f9a9afe9e50af4a54.gif