• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Couple things:

1. You can get everything on one character - every skill. Respec'ing is not a thing anyone would need.
2. You can change your appearance at any time.

Why would you want a second character in a game like this?

The outrage looks like it's from people who haven't even touched the beta. Oh well.

So you think that if my wife, siblings etc. would want to play with their own character on an own save slot, they should spend 10€?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Hang on, I'm not really sure how it's work on Steam, but for consoles, couldn't you just make a new PSN/Xbox account if you're that desperate to play through with a new character?

Oct 27, 2017
So you think that if my wife, siblings etc. would want to play with their own character on an own save slot, they should spend 10€?
On your PSN/Xbox account? Yes they have to pay. But If it's a different account, they get one character for free. (Unless they're doing that MGO2 thing where each character is tied to a console, but I dont think that's the case)

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
I mean...

adszyisf0.jpg

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
You should be grateful, they're giving you the option to buy a new slot for a cheaper price than buying another copy of the game.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017

My sister wanted to make a character to play on MGO2, and she had to pay to do that.

It's a stupid situation the I'm completely against, but it's been a problem in the series for a decade.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
On your PSN/Xbox account? Yes they have to pay. But If it's a different account, they get one character for free. (Unless they're doing that MGO2 thing where each character is tied to a console, but I dont think that's the case)

I mean its a MP game, so I guess people might just wanna use one PSN account. Imagine Sibling 1 is paying for PS+, Sibling 2 isnt, so he usually plays on Sibling 1s PS+ account. It would be different imo if paid online wouldnt exist imo.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
One day you will buy a game, and then pay for being able to save, otherwise you will start form the beginning each time. One day it will happen. And people will still defend it.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty shitty but you can easily avoid this by making another profile or saving up the free coins you getting from logging in like I did in mgsv to expand my fob.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I mean its a MP game, so I guess people might just wanna use one PSN account. Imagine Sibling 1 is paying for PS+, Sibling 2 isnt, so he usually plays on Sibling 1s PS+ account. It would be different imo if paid online wouldnt exist imo.

Sibling 2 can play online on Sibling 1's console if Sibling 1 has Plus though. That's a non issue

Oct 25, 2017
If you're on the same console, you only need one PS+ account on one console, which lets all other accounts play.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
That's not even how the PS4 works. If a PS+ account has the console set as its primary, every other account on it can play online.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Jackpot

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
But... there's literally no overhead for creating a save slot. There is no extra cost it incurs that needs to be covered.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
It's pretty shitty but you can easily avoid this by making another profile or saving up the free coins you getting from logging in like I did in mgsv to expand my fob.

Again, I farmed MB coins for almost two years in MGS5 and still couldn't get everything "free" in that game.

And the closest comparisons (Destiny and MonHun World) give you multiple save slots right from the start.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Don't defend this.

just

don't
I don't think anyone is defending this. But some are making it a bigger deal than it is. Saves and save slots have been weird with other games as well. Giving you an option just opens the door for "I will never do this but what if I will do X in situation Y" arguments.
But you also see people jumping on the hate weagon just because, that's even worse imo.
This doesn't make the game "shit" or "a failure" in any way.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I especially love this, "There's no value in having a second save slot" argument.

Okay, so if there's no value in it, why the fuck are they charging for it?

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Good idea. Saving your game and having multiple save slots available is a privilege. By forcing us to pay for it, Konami shows us how important the basic things we take for granted truly are. A lovely gesture.

Deleted member 11986

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
There you go . This the the next gen industry bullshit they can pull for the future. You can pay 60 bucks for a game. But you will have to pay extra 10 buck for additional save slots. Hell ,I got a better idea: why not lock the costumer to buy the game and have no save slots only to charge an extra fee in order to be able to save the game?

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Boy, it's impossible to believe this... then you remember it's Konami.

Well, I should have my copy this evening to verify, but Christ. If this is true, how could you imagine this would have gone?

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Guys you do realize that you can create another account on the same PS4 to make a new save file, right?

Phantom Pain only allowed 1 save slot and nobody gave a shit. Konami are stupid to charge for this, but to be honest if anyone pays for something they can do for free then they're even more stupid.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Guys you do realize that you can create another account on the same PS4 to make a new save file, right?

Phantom Pain only allowed 1 save slot and nobody gave a shit. Konami are stupid to charge for this, but to be honest if anyone pays for something they can do for free then they're even more stupid.

You won't be able to do that on PC

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Its precisely because of this that we are in this stupid situation NOW! Would you have us keep quiet so they can finagle us again in a different title?

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
You won't be able to do that on PC
Actually you can on steam. I can't remember the exact way but you're able to make a second account play the games on the original account as long as both accounts are not playing a game at the same time. Also, you can just go to the game's file, take the save file out (back it first), and then make a new game. You can then easily switch between different profiles / save files.

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Actually you can on steam. I can't remember the exact way but you're able to make a second account play the games on the original account as long as both accounts are not playing a game at the same time. Also, you can just go to the game's file, take the save file out (back it first), and then make a new game. You can then easily switch between different profiles / save files.
Stop encouraging theft of Konami's profits.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait for confirmation. Dick move if true, but given the dubious source and the general negativity surrounding the game I wouldn't be shocked if it was bogus.

Well it looks like it uses the game's currency so I guess they're treating save slots the way MGSV treated FOBs - the first is free but any extra cost in-game resources or real cash.