Oct 27, 2017
wREV0VO.png

JudMRtt.jpeg

The game will have a Collector's Edition.

Guess I'm going to GameStop tomorrow to order this collector's edition.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not normally one to change around BGM for a first playthrough but ETRIAN ODYSSEY BGM COSTUME SET, HELLO?? I will 100% slap that sucker on for Yuzo Koshiro jams every so often.

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOO

October is so far awayyy. Atlus is insane this year. That music omgggggg

Surprised it's teen rated :0

No Demons/Persona, no rated M for Mara

Last edited:

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder why the main character has... what's it called... Heterochromia I think (that genetic condition that causes your iris to be different colors from one another).

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Finding the 3D visuals pretty garish and unpleasant to look at going by the quick trailer.

Definitely curious about the game, though. A big reason why the Persona games worked for me in the past was the fact that they were so grounded in the modern real world. This looks so out there that I'm wondering if it can grab me like those used to. I'm definitely going to give it a try at least if it runs fine on the Deck.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like some of the main character designs are lagging behind the rest of the game's style and presentation. But besides that, I'm probably going to get it day one, it releasing everywhere at same time should be rewarded.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Do we have any clearer idea on how the game is structured? Fantasy Persona? Completly different approach?

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Do we have any clearer idea on how the game is structured? Fantasy Persona? Completly different approach?
I'm not sure how it can get much clearer after today's showcase. You and your party are involved in a magic election after the king is assassinated, so you will travel from city to city throughout the world to rally support and solve the mystery behind what's happening in the land. Each city serves as a main hub like the main town in a Persona game would, except there are multiple of them in this game. There are also fields, story dungeons, and side dungeons throughout the world that you explore as part of the main scenario and subquests. There are hunts and whatnot as well. You move between locations using a mobile base. When you are in cities or in your base during traversal, it is divided into time periods and days like Persona where you can do social/non-combat stuff.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I'm not sure how it can get much clearer after today's showcase. You and your party are involved in a magic election after the king is assassinated, so you will travel from city to city throughout the world to rally support and solve the mystery behind what's happening in the land. Each city serves as a main hub like the main town in a Persona game would, except there are multiple of them in this game. There are also fields, story dungeons, and side dungeons throughout the world that you explore as part of the main scenario and subquests. There are hunts and whatnot as well. You move between locations using a mobile base. When you are in cities or in your base during traversal, it is divided into time periods and days like Persona where you can do social/non-combat stuff.

I didnt have a chance to watch anything except the trailer so my bad for asking.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This shit will be amazing to play through Steam, both at 4k on the tv and then switching to the Steam Deck in bed.

Only thing is I wish there was a nice collectors edition I could get as a PC player.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
The only weird thing for me is that in turn based battles it looks like there not hitting enemies, animations also could have been better. But other than that looks great.

Jul 24, 2018
Really wish the protagonist wasn't yet again a dull teenage boy who just looks like the dude from P3. But it's Hashino so ofc

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
Looks very good.

Is there a reason they seemed to be massively plugging the Xbox version?

r_rose

Mar 1, 2022
Has anyone said the name out loud so I can hear how to pronounce it correctly? Is it Fan-tahz-zio or Fan-taze-io? Or something totally different?

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Man this looks fucking cool and the ps5 physical is just *chefs kiss* might get it instead of pc just for that

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
I can't handle all these SEGA/Atlus RPGs this year. From Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Persona 3 Reload, (sorta) Unicorn Overlord, Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance, and based on that presentation, there's a good chance that Metaphor: ReFantazio might be the best one of the bunch.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Looks great! Might wait a bit to see if it's like Persona, where you can miss stuff if you don't do it at a very specific time, but I'll definitely check it out once there are guides available.

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
Had never heard of this but it looks absolutely amazing.

That name is just awful though.

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
I like that they are taking risks with this one. They are not afraid to have party members that are not "beautiful young boy/girl" compared to their other games (or other series). The art direction they went for is quite unsettling, and i'm not necessarily a fan, but that's probably intended.

The fact that you can equip any archetype/job to any party member is interesting and shows that there is some degree of interactivity with the combat.

They said there will be a demo and I would like to see the game running on my setup because the visual quality from the trailers is frankly underwhelming, it reminds me of something like Valkyrie Revolution.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I like that they are taking risks with this one. They are not afraid to have party members that are not "beautiful young boy/girl" compared to their other games (or other series). The art direction they went for is quite unsettling, and i'm not necessarily a fan, but that's probably intended.
I'm a bit confused. I love how the game looks but like... the characters are literally just the typical Soejima designs in fantasy costumes. You have the P3 lead, the P4 lead, and Mitsuru with elf ears.

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
I don't follow JRPGs numbers too often, but aren't those views pretty low for a game made by the Persona Team?

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I don't follow JRPGs numbers too often, but aren't those views pretty low for a game made by the Persona Team?
The Persona Team is P-Studio, and this isn't a P-Studio game.

It's a game by Studio Zero, which is a new team formed with some key people from P-Studio who were heavily involved in shaping the last few Persona titles.

So, yes, the Persona connection is there, and they're shouting it from the rooftops, but it's not as simple as this being the "Persona Team's" next game. The Persona Team's next game is Persona 6. This is still a new IP from a new studio.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Does the game offer physical steelbook only version? Games are super expensive now so if I buy physical, I'd rather have something cool to display other than a flimsy PS5 case.