• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nm6k2001

Oct 28, 2023
I like that they are taking risks with this one. They are not afraid to have party members that are not "beautiful young boy/girl" compared to their other games (or other series). The art direction they went for is quite unsettling, and i'm not necessarily a fan, but that's probably intended..
We have a bunny girl knight who isn't wearing much armor, while the monster design is pretty unique the party members on the other are pretty normal for JRPGs.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Graphics look pretty awful

Hopefully Persona 6 actually gets a budget

Nm6k2001

Oct 28, 2023
There was some Q&A in the Japanese stream and nothing really significant from the parts I saw but they did confirm there is no romance option for social link type of thing in this game.
I'm fine with that though I do have a fear that means there is romance but it's part of the main story and we don't have any option for saying no.

Lightsong

Nov 11, 2022
Without romance options this game will not even come close to the success of Persona 5, in my opinion. That's a huge draw for the more casual crowds.

Shame!

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
That Battle Theme is fucking killer, would be a boss track in any other game.

So you just KNOW the "boss edit" of that track for the finale is gonna hit hard

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

This will probably end up becoming a "Need Good Boss Music for another game" track I throw on.
Just perfect, especially in the case of elevating the feeling of overcoming insurmountable odds.

DAC4B0932D2DE0D8F54852D97D7EA2F31D646175

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Do you have actual proof of this? Because this seems very hard to believe given there are no negative consequences for romancing multiple characters in these games.
I don't have statistical numbers, no. But from talking to people, that is the experience I have seen. Most people don't want to cheat in their RPGs. And some of them do have consequences.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Hot take, this is pretty messy and is visually overstimulating.

On the other hand, stuff like this is pretty cool when you consider how often UI design is typically pretty uniform or not really doing all that much to stand out from one another in a lot of gaming spaces.

It's nice to see something that really stands as uniquely its own, much like when there really wasn't a set standard for this kind of stuff in earlier games.

Aki

Mar 20, 2020
Still don't know what to make of this game. I need an extended video to look at the systems and story.

Is it turn based or full action?

reksveks

May 17, 2022
Still don't know what to make of this game. I need an extended video to look at the systems and story.

Is it turn based or full action?
Someone correct me, but action seems to be mainly limited to when you want to wipe out low level enemies, when you face higher level monsters, you can get in 1/2 attacks to gain advantage but it switches to the conventional turned based mode.

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
Finally watched the presentation this looks so good. The UI and artstyle look amazing.

Keziaka6591

Jan 31, 2023
We have a bunny girl knight who isn't wearing much armor, while the monster design is pretty unique the party members on the other are pretty normal for JRPGs.

Yeah I feel like I'm taking crazy pills seeing people say this looks super unique or glad they're not doing "the usual". To me this looks like your basic JRPG party, complete with sexy bunny girl, or maybe the occasional sexy person with HORNS instead, very daring.

Like it's OK to be excited but I just don't see anything unique in this outside of some monster designs.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Yeah I feel like I'm taking crazy pills seeing people say this looks super unique or glad they're not doing "the usual". To me this looks like your basic JRPG party, complete with sexy bunny girl, or maybe the occasional sexy person with HORNS instead, very daring.

Like it's OK to be excited but I just don't see anything unique in this outside of some monster designs.
This is that one rabbit/mouse looking fella erasure

Though that's also fairly standard for a JRPG tbf

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Rebirth had Soundtrack of the year locked up.
Not anymore

I was pre-emptively angry at this post, because Rebirth is probably my favorite OST of all time. Then I clicked the link and holy shit this is amazing. If the whole OST is this good it will definitely give Rebirth a run for its money.

roguebubble

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 8, 2018
From the longer presentation I liked the little details with the fairy on your shoulder while walking around slowly, hanging on for dear life when you surf on your sword or sitting on an upturn mug for meals
4xcfeGf.png

Also the soundtrack existing only within the protag's mind cause of a spell is such a ridiculous idea but I love it. It's literally going to be the Patrick Bateman meme walking around the world

Last edited:

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
Without romance options this game will not even come close to the success of Persona 5, in my opinion. That's a huge draw for the more casual crowds.

Shame!

It might help if there is some sort of story based romance, even a platonic one, but the lack of that feature will certainly be felt.

ap_2

Jan 23, 2021
Atlus' biggest competitor in OST quality this year seems to be Atlus (SMT V:V)

Majunior

Jun 20, 2019
It might help if there is some sort of story based romance, even a platonic one, but the lack of that feature will certainly be felt.
I think it'll be fine. The bond system will probably simulate the "dating sim" feeling and that's what's more important imo. Dating in Persona isn't really a significant aspect of the games anyway.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
I think it'll be fine. The bond system will probably simulate the "dating sim" feeling and that's what's more important imo. Dating in Persona isn't really a significant aspect of the games anyway.

I hope so. Speaking for myself, the recent presentation clarified a few of my questions about the game's concept and how it was all going to work, so I'm still very interested. Either way, the dating system's association with modern Persona games might be disproportionate compared to the rest of the actual gameplay, but it has become a big part of how people tend to engage with the cast. If they can replicate some of that engagement even without such a particular type of relationship, then all the better.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't preorder instores at GameStop. If anybody has better luck and I actually just need to hit up a different one (or if you know the SKU? lol) please say so hah. He did search it up a few different ways, it wasn't for lack of trying. But never know with computer systems if someone else may know a way to find stuff that someone else doesn't.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Couldn't preorder instores at GameStop. If anybody has better luck and I actually just need to hit up a different one (or if you know the SKU? lol) please say so hah. He did search it up a few different ways, it wasn't for lack of trying. But never know with computer systems if someone else may know a way to find stuff that someone else doesn't.
It's online only

Majunior

Jun 20, 2019
I hope so. Speaking for myself, the recent presentation clarified a few of my questions about the game's concept and how it was all going to work, so I'm still very interested. Either way, the dating system's association with modern Persona games might be disproportionate compared to the rest of the actual gameplay, but it has become a big part of how people tend to engage with the cast. If they can replicate some of that engagement even without such a particular type of relationship, then all the better.
I get what you mean, but considering how people call Persona games dating sims despite not have much dating in them, I think this is going to be thrown into the dating sim category anyway.