• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
im not saying this bosch dude did drugs but that looks like something you come up with when your high on some medieval cave fumes

another-character-from-boschs-paintings-spotted-in-metaphor-v0-qwpugdd9e8wc1.png

the-enemy-designs-of-metaphor-look-really-inspired-by-v0-xmrnd2zeer5c1.png

the-enemy-designs-of-metaphor-look-really-inspired-by-v0-0wp0vlvger5c1.png

GBHA3oAXEAEqpyW

GBFs9X5XYAAXOYK
GBFs9X9W0AAcugc

more weird stuff from this bosch dude

Bosch%20The%20Vision%20of%20Tundale%20-%20Cropped%20Header.png

121111574_o.jpg

5850820fe.jpg

Last edited:

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Is this the inverse of the "quite a fanart following" threads?

Edit: But yeah it's pretty neat and very fitting design inspiration for a fantasy Megaten

OP
OP
nsilvias

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
is this some weird vore fetish combined with a scat one?
how can i learn to shit money?
how do i skate in the air?
if i fart thru a flute stuck up my ass does it make sound?
is the dude in the drum the one making the sounds?
Hieronymus_Bosch_-_The_Garden_of_Earthly_Delights_1490-1500_-_%28MeisterDrucke-385157%29.jpg

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Idk how I feel about this. There is influenced and there is just straight up copying stuff, which is what all the examples in the OP are with very little deviation. Atlus/Megaten demons have always tended to take existing concepts and doing an original spin with them, so doing the creatures from the paintings with very little changed just seems kind of unimaginative for the team.

Otoh getting to see Bosch monsters in 3d polygon form is pretty dope.

OP
OP
nsilvias

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
Idk how I feel about this. There is influenced and there is just straight up copying stuff, which is what all the examples in the OP are with very little deviation. Atlus/Megaten demons have always tended to take existing concepts and doing an original spin with them, so doing the creatures from the paintings with very little changed just seems kind of unimaginative for the team.

Otoh getting to see Bosch monsters in 3d polygon form is pretty dope.
if kaneko didnt do the exact same thing id probably be bothered more.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
My wife will love this. She has been going through a Bosch kick after seeing one of his master works at the Prado Musseum

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
Love his work but I absolutely do not want what he took.

Really excited to see how else Metaphor draws inspiration from his work.

noffles

Nov 10, 2017
man i love this freaky weird shit so much

thank you atlus for putting money towards freaky weird shit

Paroni

Dec 17, 2020
Renaissance art at it's best is trippy as fuck.
Here is another artist's, Pieter Bruegel's, 1563 painting Dulle Griet about an army of women attacking and pillaging Hell . Video game adaptation when?

Dulle_Griet%2C_by_Pieter_Brueghel_%28I%29.jpg

Titantodd

May 3, 2023
These are really cool. Disco Elysium thought cabinet also used Hieronymous Bosch inspired illustrations as well, didn't it?

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
I've always appreciated the studio's academic side but it's too bad that they end up grafting them onto such creatively conflicted storylines. Here's hoping I fw this one better on that front.

im not saying this bosch dude did drugs but that looks like something you come up with when your high on some medieval cave fumes

There's actually a sizable scholarship speculating that he was, but at the same time he was a very religiously-charged individual, maybe to the point of puritanical self-discipline. A lot of his style is most likely derived from his visits to the Church and his study of all manner of religious depictions and iconographies, in addition to him being I think a 3rd-gen or 4th-gen artist.

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Lotta weebs gonna be googling Hieronymus Bosch for the first time.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I don't think there's an issue with this but I would say there IS a slight difference between this and what Kaneko did. Kaneko did in fact use pre-existing designs for some demons but that's because they were popular depictions of those entities already. Every SMT demon is based on something, be it mythology, folklore, religion, or pop culture. So it makes sense to use popular existing designs for some things. These enemies aren't based on existing figures, just original things all taking directly from one artist. Again, I don't have an issue with it personally, but I do think it's different from Kaneko's demons.

Feb 6, 2024
is this some weird vore fetish combined with a scat one?
how can i learn to shit money?
how do i skate in the air?
if i fart thru a flute stuck up my ass does it make sound?
is the dude in the drum the one making the sounds?
Hieronymus_Bosch_-_The_Garden_of_Earthly_Delights_1490-1500_-_%28MeisterDrucke-385157%29.jpg

Why I had an edible this morning and looked at this thread I do not know but I have like 50904329032 questions.

Why is that dog behind the lady whose being hugged by shadow hands with the alien butt with tree limbs for legs and a bioshock suit for an ass covered in a sheet with a random claw coming out of it next to the man being helped by the nurse with the people in some soup and a person caught in a blue globe trying to be caught/saved by the other person already in there and its a black face on the one person whose sick in bed.

I pretty much feel like the paintings are representative of the time of plague and what people went through, but i got so many questions.

Whats really deep is the person pooping quarters...is that another way of the artist saying you're screwed even if you're rich and that the wealthy can't escape the plague even if they throw plenty of money at it?

Im taking my puppies for a walk this is too much you did a number on me today lol