• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Metro had made an Interview with Resident Evil 2 Remake Producer Tsuyoshi Kanda and director Kazunori Kadoi , It is a great interview with a lot of questions regarding Remake2 , but at the end of it , The interviewer asked them about Whether they will make a Remake for Dino Crisis or not when he was asking about Remake3 , and the answer was rather ....... unusual for Dino Crisis , Those 3 questions are in order

GC: And just finally, the obvious question now that this is all going so well is how far will you go? If you've remade Resident Evil 2 do you remake Resident Evil 3 and so on afterwards? And *coughs* Dino Crisis?

Both: [laughs]

GC: Where does it all end?

TK: At the moment we're focused on finishing up Resident Evil 2, getting it out the door. But as a company we've always had a direction of using our legacy, and our existing masterpieces, and trying to find ways to utilise those assets that we have to bring in new players, who never discovered our games before. And that aspect of Capcom as a company is always going to be one of our strong directions.

GC: That's very encouraging… but please do Dino Crisis next.

All: [laughs]

For Full interview , Visit this link

https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/30/resi...-one-of-the-key-aspects-were-pushing-7897243/

rude

Oct 25, 2017
They're talking about the Onimusha sequel/reboot they're probably doing in regard to using their legacy franchises. Them deciding to remaster the first one is just too random.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel something is happening with Dino Crisis with all the stars aligning and clever reasons why to do it. Anyhow I can't wait for the future of RE engine games and other products using it!

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
We live in a world where Onimusha is getting remastered, Mega Man 11 is a thing and Devil May Cry is a legit AAA production. And that's just Capcom! Anything feels possible at this point.

Vault

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe after they have remade every Resident Evil game

No point wasting resources on the less popular series

Metalmurphy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sony needs to get right on this so they can have one more of their E3 moments. Start throwing that money away Sony!!

PopularUnconsciousDegus.gif

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Hire Shinji Mikami, let him do the Full remake himself, make it a survival horror (not action as per the sequel), release it close to the next Jurassic Park movie

Profit

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I mean, it's a Metro inyerview...
They always laugh in there due to how ridiculous or insistent his questions are.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Out of Capcom's IP's, I never could find a copy of the first two Dino Crisis games, so therefore, I never played them.

Were they legitimately good?
Dino Crisis 1 is a pretty neat game in the vein of the classic RE style with a bit more action. Dino Crisis 2 is more of an action oriented, arcade style twist to the formula that ends up working really well, all things considered.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel something is happening with Dino Crisis with all the stars aligning and clever reasons why to do it. Anyhow I can't wait for the future of RE engine games and other products using it!
lol I agree. And for whatever reason, I just bought Dino 1 and 2 on PS3, even though I NEVER play PS1 games. I say Dino Crisis within 6-7 years. It's a long time, but they need to get RE3 and Onimusha done first.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We live in a world where Onimusha is getting remastered, Mega Man 11 is a thing and Devil May Cry is a legit AAA production. And that's just Capcom! Anything feels possible at this point.

While I'm happy we're getting all of them, these are essentially their most popular multi-million selling IPs that were merely in hibernation until they stopped trying new things lol

The world I'd be shocked to live in would be where something like God Hand 2 or Final Fight with a fresh new melee system takes over the reigns that "Arkham style combat" has held for a decade...

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
I've been saying since the RE5/RE6 days, that Capcom should just evolve Dino Crisis into RE5/6 style of game and let RE be its own thing. Obviously change a number of things up to fit the franchise but still fit the same overall tone, controls and feel.

a Question

Oct 28, 2017
This is a problem in other medias. The reason most likely marketing and I think it does have a difference.

US

79d93a4a7a2647a4fba34b1a071fe0a7.jpg

Japan

kong-skull-island-japanese-poster.jpg

US

Venom_poster.jpg

Japan

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I mean, if it's more like a port/remaster like onimusha though..

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe he can't remember what Dino Crisis is?

Lol in all seriousness, I'm all for this remake, if it does eventually happen. I didn't play much of of the game back in the day but I'm sure Capcom can do the franchise justice with a high quality remake today.

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, a Japanese laughs means often means embarrassment for a stupid question...
i doubt there's anything en route, DC is dead and buried xD

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
*Metro and re2 producers laugh*

*Jawmuncher cries*

*I sit silently in a corner and hum the Jurassic Park theme*

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
They could remake DC & DC2 in one game.

Reboot? Nah. I love Regina and I prefer the game being cheesy and action-ey as the second one.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
"The answer was...unusual":

*devs immediately starts laughing after the question.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Look, we know Jawmuncher will bring the board to its knees if they ever officially announce it. Until then it's just talk

Last edited:

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
They're laughing at Dino Crisis because they just remembered this game existed when the interviewer mentioned it

Aug 29, 2018
Dino Crisis has a chance, but not if they are going to use a remaster as a litmus test. This baby needs a remake

Onimusha on the other hand super excited for that remaster

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
I would take a Power Stone 1 and 2 remaster/remake before a Dino Crisis remake please. Hell, I'd like Tech Romancer remaster/remake before a Dino Crisis remake.