What do you think Metro Exodus's Metacritic Score will be?

• 93-100

Votes: 69 3.6%
  • 89-92

Votes: 423 22.2%
  • 85-88

Votes: 827 43.4%
  • 81-84

Votes: 454 23.8%
  • <80

Votes: 131 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
All I can say is that, playing on PC with RTX enabled, it's one of the most impressive looking things I've ever seen. Truly a new landmark in terms of visual quality. Absolutely insane. Alex is doing a big video on it soon.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Seeing quite a bit of reviews say the move to open world was a mistake.

That's what I was afraid of. Dear devs....not every game needs to be open world!

Fletcher

Oct 25, 2017
Would love for this to be like Witcher 3 for me. Where I always had a passing curiosity and interest in the first two games, even played them a bit, but nothing just clicked for me. Then when the third game comes out they finally got all the pieces together and it goes on to be one of my favorite games.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All I can say is that, playing on PC with RTX enabled, it's one of the most impressive looking things I've ever seen. Truly a new landmark in terms of visual quality. Absolutely insane. Alex is doing a big video on it soon.
Agreed. Its insane. I had a couple oddities with RTX that didn't seem to crop up without it. Some mentioned prior to be patched a couple not. Overall man that game is a looker but also really fun for me.

Also didn't have as many bugs as I see some others did. But thats how most bugs work.

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe

It seems to me those new Zen2 consoles can't arrive soon enough...

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
7,5 in my review. Fuck silent protagonist on story games in 2019 ffs. Also I liked it WAY MORE in closed spaces of metro... this new open world thing kinda doesnt work with me... be it another game, fine sure. but metro works best in metro :/ .. apart from some technical things like old dated animations and everything but not fluid movement and garbage AI its really great game.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Review from Metro (lol) Gamecentral:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/13/metro-exodus-review-russian-fallout-8612553/

Sum-up:

In Short: The best post-apocalyptic survival game of the generation, that innovates in terms of both its varied gameplay mechanics and its incisive storytelling.

Pros: The mix of linear and open world areas works very well, with constant rewards for exploration and experimentation. Organic morality system and thought-provoking script. Great graphics.

Cons: Even if that's half the point, the guns still aren't much fun to use. Some minor graphical glitches and annoying long load times.

Score: 9/10

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Is 2080 enough or is Ti necessary for 60fps 1080p/1440p?

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Lower than I expected, but good enough to look forward to Friday. I like the fact that the game is nice and slow again.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
This is sweet music to my ears and exactly what I'd been keeping my fingers tightly crossed for.

Glad to hear the game itself is fun too of course!

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Not surprising that the silent protagonist thing is starting to become grating. It was already getting old in Last Light.

No idea why silent protagonists are still a design choice in 2019. *eyes Nintendo*

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Is 2080 enough or is Ti necessary for 60fps 1080p/1440p?
Not sure. I'm running a 2080ti at 4K with DLSS enabled and getting locked 60fps with Ultra preset.

I also played around at 4K with a 30fps cap which allowed me to run with PhysX, Hairworks, Extreme preset and RTX on high at a perfectly frame paced 30.

Scott Lufkin

Dec 7, 2017
Most of these 'cons' are story related, from my skimming. I'm a "gameplay first" kind of guy, so if some of the story elements don't quite work I'm well pleased to hear the gameplay itself sounds really on point.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
So same as previous games which means it will be one of my favourite fps games again lol. I guess metro series was never meant for glowing 90 reviews.
So freakin hyped for friday.. can't wait

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Also, I think it's really important to note that the flow and design of this game is really impressive and unlike a typical open world game. It's a proper journey taking you to new lands at different times of the year. It's a structure that we don't see often and it's really slick.

My only complaint is that there can be too much standing around talking during story moments.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
Not sure. I'm running a 2080ti at 4K with DLSS enabled and getting locked 60fps with Ultra preset.

I also played around at 4K with a 30fps cap which allowed me to run with PhysX, Hairworks, Extreme preset and RTX on high at a perfectly frame paced 30.
Did you play with an xbox controller hooked up by chance? I am and I get a bit of input delay which is frustrating. Not sure if it's because the character is meant to be "heavy" or if something is amiss in my setup...

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It just seems like it's gonna be a solid game. Nothing super duper amazing, but solid enough. And I can dig that. Looking forward to Friday.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Silent protagonists are still terrible, was OK when I played 2033 on release but not now. Puts me off playing Dragon Quest 11 as well.

Oct 26, 2017

Damn. Now I want to see how X stacks up against that. I rather don't watch any more videos though.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
seems pretty good. im still unsure of how ill like the more open levels, but excited to play the game regardless

also, silent protagonist is great. ill take that over a protagonist who narrates the entire game the way they do in sony games any day

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Did you play with an xbox controller hooked up by chance? I am and I get a bit of input delay which is frustrating. Not sure if it's because the character is meant to be "heavy" or if something is amiss in my setup...
Yes, that's how the game is it seems. Probably latency in the engine chain somewhere. It doesn't feel super responsive.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
My review is up, in Dutch. Played on Xbox One X.

http://www.4gamers.be/reviews/68055/1/Metro-Exodus

My score's a 75. The game's fun and it feels like it's predecessors in most areas where it counts. The new areas are pretty and invite to explore, though ultimately most of them offer little of interest but a few enemies to kill and some scrap to craft ammo with.

It's far from perfect, however. While the stealth gameplay is great, some sections force you into open combat, and the game simply isn't built for it. The story is uninteresting and the characters are annoying and simply won't shut up. Anna in particular is pretty bad, pretty much existing just as a regular reminder to the player of how great he is, and as an object for them to rescue. The vouce acting is lacking too: in fact the entire sound mix often feels off.

Worst of all, and this is what kept the game from reaching 80 or higher for me, is the performance. There's a few minor glitches that can occur during gameplay, but I've also seen no less than fifteen hard freezes, where I had to close the game and reload from the dashboard. Considering the load times to get back into the game can run up to four minutes: that's pretty bad.

I had fun playing Metro Exodus, but it doesn't quite hit the bar set by Last Light.

Oct 27, 2017
Don't like the sound of the technical issues on console. I may just cancel my preorder and purchase it further down the line when the bugs are ironed out.