• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Metro Exodus will run at 4K / 60FPS with full Ray Traced lighting throughout on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X. The base game and DLC expansions will feature both our ground-breaking Ray Traced Global Illumination (RTGI) and the Ray Traced Emissive Lighting techniques pioneered in The Two Colonels expansion across all content.

The next gen consoles will benefit from dramatically reduced loading times thanks to our use of their SSD storage optimizations, boast 4K texture packs, and a range of platform specific features including spatial audio and controller latency improvements on Xbox, and support for the haptic features of the PlayStation 5 Dual Sense controller – anyone who's frantically tried to pump up the pressure on their Tikhar in the middle of a pitched battle will be able to imagine the kind of thing we're aiming for!

We're targeting 1080p on Xbox Series S, with framerate still to be determined as we continue to optimize for this hardware, but the other benefits above will apply, including full Ray Traced lighting throughout.

We're also working on additional polish and quality of life enhancements, including the ability to change FOV for the first time in a Metro game.

These Gen 9 console versions will release later this year and will be available as a FREE upgrade to all current owners – and we're delighted to confirm that we will support Smart Delivery on Xbox to deliver this upgrade.

www.4a-games.com.mt

DEEP SILVER AND 4A GAMES ANNOUNCE METRO EXODUS PC ENHANCED EDITION AND REVEAL MORE DETAILS FOR PLAYSTATION 5 AND XBOX SERIES X|S UPGRADE — 4A Games

4A Games and Deep Silver announce the Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition, reveal details about new Ray Tracing features for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S and PC, and give info on Mac and Linux versions of Metro Exodus.

EuRtxs6VkAY6Gv1

Last edited:

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Aight, my doubt from the other thread has been cleared, heh.

Not gonna lie, I've been absolutely blown away by current gen consoles so far. 4K60 + RT is the stuff of dreams.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
The only ray tracing effect missing compared to PC are advanced reflections? Pretty damn impressive.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Title makes it sound like they are adding minor latency to the Xbox version :D

4K/60 and RT will be a sight to behold... definitely going to check it out when it launches.

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
It ain't 4K 60fps.

These consoles are good but they ain't magic. Probably some temporal solution.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I am not suprised (because it was their big focus) but still glad they sacrificed reflections for others RT implementations.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Great news. Game is already native 4K on One X and looks absolutely phenomenal. Just needed to raise that 30fps cap.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
People are still expect native 4K, 60FPS and RT features?! Seriously, it's exhausting.
It's both unecessary and impossible.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
That's very impressive for a patch, and being free for current gen owners is a pretty big value get.

The One S version was variable 1080p/30, for comparison.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
Smart Delivery on Series consoles. Thank god.

Underrated feature as I hate having two different versions floating around. I found myself playing the wrong version of Control because I didn't realize I had to download the corrected upgraded version of the game.

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, US
I think going forward I would like to see more temporal reconstruction or checkerboard rendering to get better frame rate and ray tracing. The listed graphical features for the PS5 and Xbox Series X is impressive. After seeing the Control Ultimate Edition graphical features on PS5 and Xbox Series X being disappointing I was surprised to see Metro Exodus have all of these graphical features on the new consoles.

Grugga Pug

Nov 5, 2017
Just picked this up on eBay for $15 after hearing this news. I was hoping an update would come along, but didn't expect it be this meaty!

Zach19593

Dec 10, 2019
What about game saves? I don't want to replay the campaign all over again, but I want to experience the DLCs

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
People are still expect native 4K, 60FPS and RT features?! Seriously, it's exhausting.
It's both unecessary and impossible.

1440p with reconstruction is just a smarter use of resources than 4k native, especially when AMD reveals whatever solution they have to officially compete with DLSS. Dev-specific implementations can be hit or miss, but most consumers won't notice the difference.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
People who know all the big words about graphics, is this suite of RT features surpassing something like what Control does or more or less the same or what?

When I read fully ray traced it gets me thinking of Quake II rtx but that seems too advanced for what this probably is

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
I'd be fine with RT and 30 FPS on Series S to be honest.
I held off playing it on PC (only played one level), because I disliked how the game looked without RT.

Glad I picked it up for 20 during the sale.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
People who know all the big words about graphics, is this suite of RT features surpassing something like what Control does or more or less the same or what?

When I read fully ray traced it gets me thinking of Quake II rtx but that seems too advanced for what this probably is

RT global illumination will look closer to what Crysis remaster was doing, in that the outdoor scenes will be lit according to actual light paths.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Dual Sense support! Single player shooters feel so much better with dual sense so excited to try this out

MoosGoMoo

Banned
Jan 27, 2021
I'll play it again to push my new 3070, but I'm not overly excited about playing it again, it's a big step back from the first two games.

Broadbandit

Oct 29, 2017
native 4k or not with RT... this is huge for consoles and shows that some things can be done (and this early in their life)

Can't even imagine another year or two of the new systems and what will be achieved

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Man I hope they do something about the way it controls...it felt so awful that I dropped the game

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
(Someone correct me if I am wrong)
On PC it is ''less'', while in Control you have both Illumination and Reflections, Metro Exodus has a focus on Global Illumination and if I recall correctly it uses screen space reflections on some surfaces.
On consoles it depends on how well implemented it will be, Control ditched Illumination and other features to focus on Reflections, if Metro manages to hit the frame rate target while keeping at least part of the amazing illumination of the PC version it will surely be superior to Control on consoles

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
~4K60 and a glut of RT effects? What sorcery is this.
Let's wait for it to come out. '4K' doesn't mean native 2160p these days, although reconstruction techniques are getting pretty good.

The RT features are also most likely going to be half/quarter resolution. But 4K/60 does sound pretty good.