• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
mmulnPS-d052.jpg

Two new sources claim that GTA 6 will be released in the first three months of next year, with one offering a specific date in February.

Bloomberg's Jason Schreier has already suggested the game will release early next year, and now one leaker says January or February, and another February 18.

The leaker Nuro is the one that claims February 18 (a Tuesday) is the exact release date and while he didn't provide any details about the reveal trailer, he did correctly predict that it would be released in December.

View: https://x.com/that1detectiv3/status/1769396130738016407?t=xJw3V6-XSfQGEMZCIPcdvg&s=09

View: https://x.com/Nuro_Citrix/status/1769767669572550963?t=Ys7PlkDTa3AhNOO8ODkYwA&s=09

metro.co.uk

GTA 6 release date is February 2025 claims source who got trailer right

Two new sources claim that GTA 6 will be released in the first three months of next year, with one offering a specific date in February.

Edit:

View: https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1770383067468693958?t=WaHi3eb7jtixkTQtmJWmzA&s=19

Last edited:

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Valentines Day lands on a Friday. Do one of the early release $100+ editions and make it the perfect relationship test lol

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
GTA6 and Switch 2 launching both in a span of weeks should be quite the boost to the console gaming.

Doubt it though, at least in the GTA6 side.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
That's a whole year out, jumping the gun much? A lot can go wrong between now and then and shit happens so very, very large grain of salt going on here.

Oct 31, 2017
I'd be pretty (pleasantly) surprised if they hit early/Spring '25 tbh.

They might be "tentatively" shooting for a Spring release, with promotionals/trailers pointing to as much too in the lead up. Then late Fall '24 hits and suddenly they put out a new press release and trailer saying "We're working very hard to make GTA VI the best it can possibly be, but we've had to make the tough decision to delay the game to ~Fall 2025~".

It's been their pattern for a bit, with their biggest games anyway. Maybe this time will be different though.

Since Trailer 1, I've thought this would be exactly what they'd do. Signal early 2025, but actual release being closer to two whole years after that first trailer.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I would hope they wouldn't delay it cause of how long they took to reveal it, but all their games have been delayed once so. But god if it does come out in Feb that'll be amazing

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I'd be pretty (pleasantly) surprised if they hit early/Spring '25 tbh.

They might be "tentatively" shooting for a Spring release, with promotionals/trailers pointing to as much too in the lead up. Then late Fall '24 hits and suddenly they put out a new press release and trailer saying "We're working very hard to make GTA VI the best it can possibly be, but we've had to make the tough decision to delay the game to ~Fall 2025~".

It's been their pattern for a bit, with their biggest games anyway. Maybe this time will be different though.

Since Trailer 1, I've thought this would be exactly what they'd do. Signal early 2025, but actual release being closer to two whole years after that first trailer.

They also could have aimed for Fall 2024 internally but publicly commit to 2025.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
That timing would basically make it a PS5 Pro launch window game. If Sony does have the marketing for GTA6 then I expect almost everything we see from the game to be shown running on the Pro until closer to launch.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind that if the game is pushed any further than March 31, 2025 it will affect their financials.

jawzpause

Nov 7, 2017
I hope to god this is true, I'm going away travelling in march so that gives me two weeks to complete it

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Keep in mind that if the game is pushed any further than March 31, 2025 it will affect their financials.

It kinda won't. They committed to Calendar 2025 release in their financial calls and not Fiscal 2024-2025. And even if they did it wouldn't impact them that much in the long run because whenever GTA releases they will be swimming in money.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Switch 2 "leakers" rushing to make a tweet about how Nintendo has already pushed the release date of Switch 2 to June 2024

Yan

Oct 29, 2017
Everyone else moving away from february.

I do expect Guerilla Games to release something around that date, for tradition.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
it's uncomfortable how much the industry is riding on this game

but if there's anyone that can pull it off

it's the goats @ Rockstar

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
This is gonna get delayed like every Rockstar game.

We'll get another trailer and date at some point then the delay.

Dr. Mario

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
My head canon says that Nintendo delayed the launch of Switch 2 to "have enough Switches available [when it launches with GTA6]". Of course, with no PS4/X1 release of GTA6 it realistically won't run on Switch 2 and Rockstar is going to delay this to a few months later anyway. And also I would get the game for my XSX/PS5 just like the vast majority of people, so there isn't even a point to align release timing... but wouldn't it be cool.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
1) don't do this to yourselves.
2) don't do this to the team. They stated a full year which gives them flexibility. You want less crunch? This is just one lever that can be used to reduce it. Let them work and announce a final date when they are actually comfortable. We don't need more pressure about rumored "delays" for something that wasn't even officially locked to a date yet.

Just my two cents