Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

a new metroid dread report report is out as well. there's a new trailer coming next week (27th).

Last edited:

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yup. Give it to me.

Loved the abrupt stop to the music on the "They dissapeared" line.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
The player can drop Samus into Morph Ball form by tilting the Left Control Stick down while crouching—effectively, the same way it's always been done in the 2D Metroid series—and now also by simply pressing the ZL Button.

michael-edward-mizusawa-metroid-drex-hype.jpg

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Oh boi it has voice acting.
Now I'm wondering if it's only going to be the Adam computer talking
or perhaps the Chozo we saw earlier,
or maybe even Samus too.

Or if they'll avoid touching that after Other M?

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like we're getting the "Losing your power-ups at the start of the game" cliche again.

Not that I mind.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
That didn't do anything for me personally, but I'm excited for the new trailer

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Adam's voice reminds me of the introduction tutorial voice from Jet Force Gemini

Mar 23, 2018
It looks fantastic, as in, the premise and the aesthetic. That ambient music was on par with the old classics from the franchise. So pumped for this one. Dread as the title hits the nail; I'm sure they've been cooking this one multiple times for over a decade.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Looks like we're getting the "Losing your power-ups at the start of the game" cliche again.

Not that I mind.
At least this time it gives the whole experience that horror element based on the trailer. Looks like she doesn't know what happened to her and why her suit's been compromised. Perhaps the E.M.M.I. took her upgrades?

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Another trailer coming on 8/27 if I read the report correctly!

Also cool to see some items/collectibles confirmed - energy tank pieces (4 pieces make - tank in addition to full energy tanks), grapple beam, spazer, double jump and missile/missile+.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
This is voiced in all languages... Has this ever happened before in a Nintendo game? (Other than BOTW)

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
At least this time it gives the whole experience that horror element based on the trailer. Looks like she doesn't know what happened to her and why her suit's been compromised. Perhaps the E.M.M.I. took her upgrades?
Yeah. Anything beats Prime 1's approach of having Samus's suit fall apart after she got shoved lightly into a wall.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
This is voiced in all languages... Has this ever happened before in a Nintendo game? (Other than BOTW)
There's a couple of Mario Party games which have been dubbed in multiple languages, but other than that I don't think?

It's weird hearing Mario speak German, even if it#s only a couple of words.

ChemicalWorld

"This guy are sick"
Dec 6, 2017
Not watching anymore footage for this. I was sold already and I cannot wait to get tucked into this. 2D Metroid for life!

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still convinced the X-Parasite thing is just a ploy to lure Samus to the planet.

Oh yeah, it's an obvious trap. The last mainline game in the timeline had Samus uncovering a Federation bioweapons plot and them hunting her down and now she's just taking them at their word when they say they have top secret intel that the X are still kicking? Sure.

"Hey just so you know we lost a bunch of killer robots so, like, if you stumble across any that's not on us, you know?"

Last edited:

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I admittedly didn't care much for the music in this trailer, but the audio that's in the Dread Report clips sounds a lot better.

I like this visual. Skylights flowing into a derelict Chozo chamber.

MS4z0TM.png

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great and I just realized for the first time this is gonna be the first HD Metroid game. Crazy when you think about it.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Everyone should absolutely read the dev report; a lot of small interesting details and tidbits in there.

Grapple Beam is confirmed back (duh); unlike in Samus Returns you can use the free aim while moving instead of having to stand still; ZL is mapped to an instant morph ball; there's a new upgrade called the Spin Boost described and shown in a video; etc.

This concept art for the starting suit is also very good.

08_suit_blueprint_full.jpg

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Still cautiously optimistic for this.

The music seems kinda... bland? Especially for a trailer

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Oh yeah, it's an obvious trap. The last mainline game in the timeline had Samus uncovering a Federation bioweapons plot and hunting her down and now she's just taking them at their word when they say they have top secret intel that the X are still kicking? Sure.

"Hey just so you know we lost a bunch of killer robots so, like, if you stumble across any that's not on us, you know?"

But is it a trap by the Federation? Or a trap by the Warrior Chozo Tribe we saw at the end of Samus Returns and the Federation are also being tricked? While I'm sure the Federation sent the EMMI with malicious intention, I think their original goal was to capture the alleged X-Parasite on the planet to weaponize it. I think the warrior chozo's long term goal was to steal Samus's Metroid DNA, and they just played the Federation like a fiddle knowing they'd request Samus when things didn't go well.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Fragmented energy tanks booooo (at least there are still regular ones too)

Hotkey'd morph ball is great. Loved that in AM2R.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
1. Discover planet filled with deadly virus
2. Send killer robots to investigate
3. ???
4. Profit

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cool. Really looking forward to this game!

Am I the only one though who doesn't really like Samus' boots in this? They look so chunky.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
One of the most welcome surprises with Dread is the color palette. Those muted blues and purples are unique in games, and they suit the presentation beautifully. I'm impressed at how consistent the visual direction has been. Maybe I shouldn't be? I was not impressed by Samus Returns, but that's the only 2D entry that hasn't knocked it out of the park. Dread looks like a hard course correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.