Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Finally, more than 16 years after its existence was revealed, it's coming out.

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was very good. I was getting bored of the EMMI by the third one but they're fine I guess. The music is definitely lacking.

Not sure where I'd rank it. Probably Super > ZM > Dread?

I will definitely be replaying the game. I couldn't finish a replay of Samus Returns if that tells you anything.
As long as it's ZM tier and not SR tier then I'm satisfied.

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Guess it's time to dust off the 'ol Switch. Interested to see how this sells. I'm not a fan of the 2.5D but I been looking for an excuse to charge up my Switch and I've always enjoyed Metroid, especially the side scrolling variety.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else's Gamestop not doing a midnight launch for this and/or the OLED Switch? Local one says not but he wasn't sure and said to check back Thursday morning.

Mentosrock

Nov 4, 2019
I need to see reviews on this ASAP. I need to know the length.. I know metroid games are usually on the shorter side, but I'm hoping it's a decent length. That's all I need.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
As long as it's ZM tier and not SR tier then I'm satisfied.
I really need to see how sequence breaking works in this game. There was one moment where I felt like I had a choice in what power up I wanted but beyond that...

They really try to prevent you from wall jumping on a single wall, even after getting the double jump. I wanted to walljump first then double jump back up the wall but it would prioritize the double jump first. I managed to get it to work once but it's a hassle and probably not even worth it at that point.

Rakuyo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
It still feels so unreal that we will get a new mainline Metroid in a few days. I'm so happy for us longtime fans and hope that it will perform well and we don't need to wait another 20 years for the next entry ;)
HYPE!!!!

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I need to see reviews on this ASAP. I need to know the length.. I know metroid games are usually on the shorter side, but I'm hoping it's a decent length. That's all I need.
One person was able to 100% it in 10 hours while somebody else took around 15!

Rockodile

Dec 7, 2018
The playtime seems to be around the same as Samus Returns but with better pacing. That sounds perfect to me

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
The playtime seems to be around the same as Samus Returns but with better pacing. That sounds perfect to me

Works for me. Samus Returns had a ton of repetition that got really annoying in the latter parts.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome OT! I'm so pumped. I still can't believe we're getting another "classic" Metroid.

Frobert

Oct 28, 2017
Feels surreal this is happening. When I was a kid I got Fusion for Christmas the year it came out. The tease in Prime 3 had me so excited for the follow up. I've been waiting so long lol.

I've basically avoided all media on the game since the initial trailer, I'd prefer to not let my expectations get out of control and end up disappointed. See you all on the other side!

Rockodile

Dec 7, 2018
I haven't played that game so I have no frame of reference. Can someone give me a ballpark please?
Well naturally it's gonna vary, but about 8-10 hours for a casual playthrough, and about 12-15 hours for a 100% playthrough. For series veterans it may be as low a 6 hours, but this is not the norm.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously though, what is stopping them from getting Kenji Yamamoto again for the OST? I want Metroid to have memorable music again.

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Play time sounds good to me. I don't really need a Hollow Knight level game right now, 10-12 hours is just fine.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Play time sounds good to me. I don't really need a Hollow Knight level game right now, 10-12 hours is just fine.
Metroid veterans should be able to halve that time. I completed it in 5 hours. Samus Returns was the longest first playthrough for me but that one was just... tedious to play.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
The music is definitely lacking.

Bleh. I've been nervous about the music for a while, some of the trailers had some mediocre N64-ass compositions. Not the end of the world, but I'll be waiting for Prime 4 and dat Yamamoto flair.

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
I will enter the thread once again after I finished the game.
Not looking forward to see posts about people utterly rushing through the game just for boasting that they got the game early.
Nice thread btw. Well done and great title.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This weekend is absolutely insane: Far Cry 6, Battlefield Open Beta and Dread!