Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017

The Suffering has ended
thank-god-waterworld.gif

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Is the physical version going to be available in retail stores or is it some kind of Nintendo webshop exclusive limited edition which will be gone in like 3 minutes?
Direct said available at retailers on the 22nd so I'm assuming a standard release or possibly similar to the Mario 3D collection. Regardless, it'll probably be best to go out on the day of.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Woah, I missed the earlier visual comparisons! Good stuff. Kinda want this physical, but also kinda don't want to wait. LOL

mantidor

Oct 25, 2017
We've been having ridiculous thunderstorms here and internet has been crappy for almost two days now, so I'll have to wait for this.

I'll be very surprised if it doesn't have gyro controls since the trilogy had them. The game is built around GC controls though so I really don't see the point, but options are nice I guess.

Lightning

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Gyro controls
Dual-Stick controls
Classic controls
Hybrid, which allows lockon with dual sticks and also gyro aiming.

JYVWevb.jpg

dy7RStr.jpg

It is 60 fps.

You can use gamecube controllres via the official adapter but the mapping is not idea (lol I can't pause it, start enters the map and Z just aims) Edit: You can change a setting to fix this!

It's amazing how much this looks like I remember it, but it very clearly isn't how it looked back then. Very, very faithful, and really shows how the old art direction and game held up.

Last edited:

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Gyro controls
Dual-Stick controls
Classic controls
Hybrid, which allows lockon with dual sticks.

It is 60 fps.

You can use gamecube controllres via the official adapter but the mapping is not idea (lol I can't pause it, start enters the map and Z just aims)

It's amazing how much this looks like I remember it, but it very clearly isn't how it looked back then. Very, very faithful, and really shows how the old art direction and game held up.
Incredible. Please check if you can still get space boots early right when you land on Tallon IV

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Gyro controls
Dual-Stick controls
Classic controls
Hybrid, which allows lockon with dual sticks.

It is 60 fps.

You can use gamecube controllres via the official adapter but the mapping is not idea (lol I can't pause it, start enters the map and Z just aims)

This sounds great. Must do my best to wait two weeks. lol

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
Finally!! I considered waiting for the physical but I don't think I can; a day off tomorrow is just too tempting to dive back into a stone cold GOAT.

Lightning

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
YO

1jVdZr3.jpg

Options for "Partial" which only narrates cinematics, and "Full" which matches the Japanese version.

There's also new color blind options with different intensities! You can even swap which side of your controller is for beams and which for visors, as well as a bunch of other little settings for controls, including lockon not locking the reticle but only your viewpoint

shocked tbh

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
That's a pretty good upgrade. Basically makes it look like you remember it
Not for me personally, the 'remaster' looks like a different game, enviroments look more like natural locales. Playing the original as a kid, it looked like crystal maze zones, it was cool but the Remake has brought more life into it.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
I just realized...are they going to change her Kim Basinger look at the end of the game??

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
It's finally real after being teased for so long, one of the greatest games of all time that I will easily play again.

Jan 13, 2020
Watching that livestream and it looks incredible. Looks like a locked 60fps. The lighting, alpha effects, environments and geometry have all been hugely upgraded. Do we have confirmation that it's native 1080p?