Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I wonder if Moore could/is just fake this and he's just going to use the machines to make a fuck ton of noise to piss Trump off and not actually do any really fracking and potential environmental damage.

rambis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think damaging the environment to make a point is a terrible thing to do.
Maybe but removing policies that prevent this in the first place is worse. Trump in doing this is probably only doing some oil tycoon a favor anyway. If the noise from fracking will drive Maralago vistors away Trump will not only look dumb but also lose money. Two things he probably hates the most.

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains
Go for it, at best he makes a shit-ton of cash, at worst the links at Mar-a-Lago are combustible. The comedy is watching Trump explain why it's not a good thing there, but ok everywhere else. Check and fucking mate you orange cunt.

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess that gives a whole new meaning to getting down and dirty with the enemy

Brera

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bet he'll just park it up in view of mar a lago!

Trump will go insane!

Check out his rants at Scotland over wind farms in view of his golf course there!

Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
As long as it's legal and he plays by the rules, That's what matters to me. I am open minded about science, progress, and energy. Some people may let fear control them, but I genuinely believe that hydraulic fracking will be able to be scaled and done safely one day. It just needs new regulations, finds, and safer developments.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydraulic_fracturing

We are not there yet, but the process has come a long way. I am an optimist and think that with the right people, it could evolve into something good for the benefit of all mankind.

Plus at the same time, people will allow it as a political statement against the president as well. For all, sides, seems to be win win.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I wonder if Moore could/is just fake this and he's just going to use the machines to make a fuck ton of noise to piss Trump off and not actually do any really fracking and potential environmental damage.

Moore won't be able to do anything. Trump admin banned oil drilling off both coasts of Florida today.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
11-flappinjaws.gif

Yamajian

Oct 30, 2017

Geeze could he be any more transparent? Did they actually come up with a valid reason why Florida is excluded?

EDIT: Here is there reasoning:

"I support the governor's position that Florida is unique and its coasts are heavily reliant on tourism as an economic driver," Zinke said.

Yes I'm sure no other states coasts are heavily reliant on tourism. Assholes.

potam

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
lol fuck, I figured it wouldn't happen but I didn't expect the transparency.

I figured they'd sue to stop it claiming he's targeting Trump and his business specifically or some such shit.

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, Moore took on a stable genius and won.

Lol. What a predictable little turd. I figured this was just for publicity for Moore, but he actually did it. Win win win.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Trump: "We're gonna allow drilling off the coasts, take that libural California!"

Staff: "Sir, the coast stretches more that California. Also, red states have coasts too."

Trump: "godamit!"

devilhawk

Oct 27, 2017
I'm certain the courts will annihilate this, but I'm not sure in what direction. They may say Florida can't be exempt or they may say that any state that wants to be exempt can be.

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
My momma always told me never to frack off in public, much less near a resort. This Michael Moore sounds like a sick fellow.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
I support this 100%. If fracking is not a problem at all then Trump should have no problem with this.

Flo_Evans

Oct 25, 2017
Advantage Moore.

I do wonder how far he will take it though. Is the dude really going to start drilling? How can Trump balk so quick lol he really is a terrible negotiator.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if this had anything to do with it, but if it did, and Moore actually outsmarted anyone is nuts. Says more about Trump than Moore though I think.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I'm certain the courts will annihilate this, but I'm not sure in what direction. They may say Florida can't be exempt or they may say that any state that wants to be exempt can be.

Most likely the exec branch will be forced to follow the proper notification and public comment rules.

And the public tweets will be used against the admin.

Deleted member 11157

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As long as it's legal and he plays by the rules, That's what matters to me. I am open minded about science, progress, and energy. Some people may let fear control them, but I genuinely believe that hydraulic fracking will be able to be scaled and done safely one day. It just needs new regulations, finds, and safer developments.
These companies are definitely going to love new regulations. Or they'll just keep doing what they're doing like they have been.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So either it goes badly, causing ppl to blame him for intentionally sabotaging it/being negligent, or it goes well, and it ruins his point.

Can someone fill me in on what he's hoping to accomplish here?
It either lets everyone see that drilling offshore is a bad idea, or he fucks up Mar a Lago. Its a pretty clear win-win.