• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Counterpoint, MJ was incredibly good at managing his image during his playing days. Even though he wasn't in the social media age the dude was like the most popular dude on the planet for a long while
That's because he had an amazing agent. Not because Jordan was some genius at image management. David Falk was a genius.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Durant proving that he's sensitive as FUCK, but don't cry for Rappaport. He instigated this, carried on with the conversation, and ran to Instagram to expose Durant over a petty argument.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know you're a Jordan homer, but Jordan was petty. You didn't see his HOF speech?

Yes, he was petty. Yes, he held grudges. Yes, he was a complete sociopath.

What I'm saying is that MJ wouldn't be getting emotionally hurt DMing people or having burner accounts. He would instead just end you in some fashion.

Also MJ's HOF speech is brilliant and a rare insight into his psyche.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, he picked the agent and the right people to surround himself with right? That's kind of the key to Lebrons success with his image too
He signed him out of college, before he knew anything about image management. Falk was the wizard behind the curtain in terms of MJ's image.

Lebron is more savvy, but only because Lebron saw the blueprint that was build with MJ.

Yes, he was petty. Yes, he held grudges. Yes, he was a complete sociopath.

What I'm saying is that MJ wouldn't be getting emotionally hurt DMing people or having burner accounts. He would instead just end you in some fashion.

I agree there. But Rapport is not a basketball player. Jordan just would've cut him off like he did to Sport Illustrated.

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
Jordan's hall of fame speech was overblown, it just wasn't what people wanted from the GOAT, but I got a few good laughs out of it. And damn social media leaves a mic in front of 'famous' people 24/7, stuff like this isn't surprising but KD's sure in deep

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
KD is basically Jordan in the social media age. Jordan was lucky he didn't come up in this era.

Don't believe me, google Jordan HOF speech. What is usually a somber and grateful ceremony became a grudge fest lol.

Jordan was a shit talker but I don't think he'd let a Rappaport get under his skin like this.

This honestly embarrassing stuff from KD.

I don't even think it is him just being "sensitive."

He just doesn't know how to process criticism or people not liking him. He's got some issues.

There are people who know how to deal with their sensitivity, KD as we can see, is not one of those individuals.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
Jordan's hall of fame speech was overblown, it just wasn't what people wanted from the GOAT but I got a few good laughs out of it. And damn social media leaves a mic in front of 'famous' people 24/7, stuff like this isn't surprising but KD's sure in deep
I thought it was funny.

All I'm saying that is that Jordan was petty. Many athletes are. The issue with KD is that he leaves evidence with his social media exploits.

I really hope there some drama behind the scene's with the 3 of them.

I think they cancel each other out lol

Oct 25, 2017
He signed him out of college, before he knew anything about image management. Falk was the wizard behind the curtain in terms of MJ's image.

Lebron is more savvy, but only because Lebron saw the blueprint that was build with MJ.
I mean I just don't get why he doesn't get credit for that. When you're rich and famous that's like 90% of the battle. If you're good enough for LeBron to copy you must be doing it pretty well

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
I mean I just don't get why he doesn't get credit for that. When you're rich and famous that's like 90% of the battle. If you're good enough for LeBron to copy you must be doing it pretty well
He deserves the credit. I'm just saying he had a mentor and whole corporation (Nike) helping him. That matters tons. Not everyone got those resources.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
KD been a bitch since he bailed on OKC for Golden State and couldn't take it when people called him out lol

like of course he's gonna complain about some dude on the internet.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
I think they cancel each other out lol
97cbc533d42731ce37ef51f40d6254fe.jpg

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
Durant is mentally unhinged. He has been doing this shit online for a long time. Bizarre behavior

Booshka

May 8, 2018
Colton, CA
In Halo 2 Xbox Live Lobby terms, KD would be the player talking mad shit and flaming people, whereas Rappaport is the asshole recording it for content while being even more of an absolute shitstain of a human.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All this money, fame and success, and he's still talking shit in people's DMs.

But then you can't buy thicker skin, huh?

That image is kind of wack, it's potential earnings based on salary cap rules given what contract he takes after his... OKC contract? That image is at least six years out of date.

hoopshype.com

Kevin Durant NBA Salary - How much is he making?

Kevin Durant NBA Player Salary - How much is he making?

He also opted for below the lowest estimate on that chart.

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
MR weirds me out ever since I heard he made his super fan ATCQ documentary despite pushback from Q-Tip over it. Like if you're actually a fan maybe take the hint and call it off.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
If KD's sorry ass HAS to stoop to this level at least hire comedy writers to do this shit for you.

Like Desus and Mero are just down the block I'm sure they can throw some lines for you on the low low.

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wtf KD. Ok, watching that video of David Rappaport and not having court side seats, but row 6 from KD and expecting closer ones. "I want splinters in my ankles". Rappaport sounds entitled and KD had enough of that.

KD should have ignored Rappaport. KD with that homophobic comment though, damn. He needs to lay off the social media.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's a weird dude that engages in childish flame wars online, but when he's playing he's also the best basketball player in the world.

I guess it's a good thing athletes didn't have access to social media in the 80s/90s/etc.