Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
trekmovie.com

Michelle Hurd: ‘Star Trek: Legacy’ Will Happen “If The Fans Want It”

"We have hands, fingers, everything’s crossed for 'Star Trek: Legacy.'"

pic-s3-raffipublicity-head.jpg

Fans have been talking about the idea of a "Star Trek: Legacy" spin-off of Star Trek: Picard since the series wrapped up last April, and members of the cast and crew have joined in. No spin-off is currently in development, but now one of the potential stars says fans could play a part in making it happen.

Before her time playing Raffi Musiker on three seasons of Star Trek: Picard, Michelle Hurd had a long career in Hollywood, including a couple of seasons of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. She attended a special SVU 25th anniversary event last week where TV Insider asked her about the chances of her returning to Star Trek. The actress made it clear she is ready to board the Enterprise-G:

"I love Raffi. She's my favorite character. We have hands, fingers, everything's crossed for Star Trek: Legacy. I know that right now they're working on Section 31 for Michelle Yeoh. And then they're going to do Starfleet Academy. That's going to be a series. And then if the fans still want it, they'll start working on Star Trek: Legacy."
Hurd also told TV Insider she thinks it would be "phenomenal" to have a Star Trek team-up with Michelle Yeoh, who starts shooting that Section 31 movie next week.

For what it's worth, Picard showrunner Terry Matalas shared the original TV Insider article with Michelle Hurd talking about Legacy on Twitter/X. The last we heard from Matalas was during the Trek Talks 3 Picard reunion panel on January 13th, when he said there was no spin-off in development but added "I wish, I wish." He also revealed he is still talking about potential ideas with members of the TNG cast and added the hopeful note, "I don't think you ever really need to fully say goodbye to any of these characters or storylines."

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Part of me wants this. The other part of me is annoying that TNG and Voyager are getting another spin-off and DS9 just gets a rare guest-star spot on Lower Decks.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Would like to see some Janeway appearances after being left out of Picard due to budgetary constraints

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
I don't want it. Not without big changes. I don't want Terry Matalas, who buddies up with alt right 'fandom menace' YouTubers anywhere near the franchise.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fairly sure it's already happening tbh. There's been too much talk about it for too long of a time for it to be nothing.

Has it been fully green lit and entered production? unlikely but my feeling is that those in charge basically told Terry Matalas to line up next show so they could get it into to production when they needed as quick as possible

Outside of Witch Mountin which seems to be much more Travis Ficketts project Terry hasn't actively done anything since Picard so it seems pretty clear all this talk is just to keep the fan base engaged until it's revealed officially

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Feel free to skip Academy and go straight to Legacy, thanks! =D

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
I want Star Trek Legacy but not with Michelle Hurd. Her character was awful and felt like she was out of another show. Slightly more tolerable in S3 but still the worst out of all of the characters.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously. I did not like their character AT ALL.

And I'm all in for more ST like lower decks and strange new worlds (prodigy too) and less like discovery and MOST of picard. :(
Yeah sadly-I appreciate Michelle Hurd's enthusiasm and championing of the franchise but I've never been a fan of Raffi. I hate to say it, because Michelle seems so lovely.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
I want it but without both LaForge daughters and Jack Crusher, I liked them well enough on Picard but I wouldn't be interested in half the cast being TNG character kids, they can keep Sidney as the pilot for the TNG connection. Seven, Raffi and Sidney as returning characters and then someone from DS9, a new Dax could be interesting.

I don't know about his personal politics but he was doing basically every one of their livestreams when Picard was airing.
And Bernie Sanders did a Fox News townhall. It's not wrong to engage with the other side trying to show that what you are offering might not be the worst thing ever.

Ventrue

Oct 27, 2017
I do not want it. Picard at least had some nostalgia value, the new characters were all boring and a show based around them would not interest me.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I want it but without both LaForge daughters and Jack Crusher, I liked them well enough on Picard but I wouldn't be interested in half the cast being TNG character kids, they can keep Sidney as the pilot for the TNG connection. Seven, Raffi and Sidney as returning characters and then someone from DS9, a new Dax could be interesting.

And Bernie Sanders did a Fox News townhall. It's not wrong to engage with the other side trying to show that what you are offering might not be the worst thing ever.
I think Jack, Seven and the one daughter who served on the Titan would be good. Maybe they could have Raffi in a recurring role but it would be nice if the rest of the cast were new characters. Like you said, a new Dax is actually a cool idea.

Schwarzbier

Nov 14, 2017
New Jersey
It would be fun to see a continuation of the story. It doesn't have to be Seven and Jack Crusher, but Star Trek is fun, and they might as well expand the universe than just do all rehash crap.

I love SNW, but with Discovery being so far in the future, let's tell the stories that'll get us to the 32nd century... slowly.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
I think Jack, Seven and the one daughter who served on the Titan would be good. Maybe they could have Raffi in a recurring role but it would be nice if the rest of the cast were new characters. Like you said, a new Dax is actually a cool idea.
My problem with Jack is that Picard introduced him as a criminal on the edges of the federation and a year later he's an ensign and they plop him on the third center chair, that screams nepotism.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I too want a DS9 spin off, have their been any spinoff ideas floating around? Maybe following ROM as a captain? or some other angle?
Probably the closest we will get is the episode from Lower Decks.
www.youtube.com

Star Trek: Lower Decks Se.3 Ep.6 - DS9 Opening

#startrek #lowerdecks ►FREE STAR TREK NFT to All Subscribershttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUrB01DBIXyTZFQbR8gTQlQ/?sub_confirmation=1(Discord)https://dis...
www.youtube.com

Star Trek: Lower Decks Se.3 Ep.6/ Deep Space Nine (COLONEL KIRA NERYS)

#startrek #lowerdecks ►FREE STAR TREK NFT to All Subscribershttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUrB01DBIXyTZFQbR8gTQlQ/?sub_confirmation=1(Discord)https://dis...
www.youtube.com

"I was just clearing a tab for old times sake" Quark to Kira clearing Mariners tab

Star Trek Lower Decks S03E06 "Hear All, Trust Nothing"

Jan 18, 2018
Part of me wants this. The other part of me is annoying that TNG and Voyager are getting another spin-off and DS9 just gets a rare guest-star spot on Lower Decks.
DS9 deserves more love than it gets. It did black people in space so well and was pretty brave. The relationship between Sisko and his son, Cassidy Yates, the civil rights episode. Damn this show deserves so much more and I assure you that's a big reason why it doesn't get as much love.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

Could still be Ezri. Nicole De Boer just did voicework for the newest Star Trek Online update.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
DS9 deserves more love than it gets. It did black people in space so well and was pretty brave. The relationship between Sisko and his son, Cassidy Yates, the civil rights episode. Damn this show deserves so much more and I assure you that's a big reason why it doesn't get as much love.
I'm staring my full watch now-I only ever saw the first few seasons. I just got this off of eBay.
IMG_4005.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I just was a post Picard show with the classic writing structure instead of another big drama.
SNW is fantastic, but it's too close to the original.
Give me the current Enterprise crew, or another DS9 style setting.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Could still be Ezri. Nicole De Boer just did voicework for the newest Star Trek Online update.
I was thinking a new Dax because with a new host they could give the character any position on the ship while Ezra is established as a counselor which I don't think the show really needs, new Dax could be an engineer or security.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
My problem with Jack is that Picard introduced him as a criminal on the edges of the federation and a year later he's an ensign and they plop him on the third center chair, that screams nepotism.

It's just like Jack said at the end of Picard. Names mean everything.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
I've lost all interest after Picard was absolutely awful. Good for those who would like it though.

ShadBy

Oct 8, 2023

Stardate 2378: A bold new era of Star Trek begins! Three years ago, Benjamin Sisko made a courageous sacrifice that left him trapped in the dimension of the mysterious Prophets; now he's returned to his home universe – with powerful, godlike abilities. But his omnipotence is failing when he needs it most. Someone is killing the gods, and Sisko and the motley crew of the USS Theseus will have to travel to the deepest parts of space to stop them.

This is super good and being published right now, 16th issue just came out so there's only like 3 trades to catch up on. Day of Blood was Star Trek comics' first ever big crossover event and was amazing!

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think Raffi's character fit Trek well, but also the galaxy is a huge place and all kinds of people exist.

Give me Shaw in a show!!

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
babylon 5 got a movie last year and is still getting a reboot series
I doubt that reboot is happening, it was developed for the CW but the CW is pretty much done since it was sold. JMS can claim it's being redeveloped all he wants, I don't believe it. Lois & Clark is ending and then all scripted shows they have left are Walker and the two All American shows. I don't see a sci-fi show surviving for more than a few episodes if it ever gets on the air. This isn't the CW from a few years ago.