• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Michelle Obama in an interview early Thursday described former President George W. Bush as her "partner in crime" during every official function, explaining the former president handing her a cough drop at Sen. John McCain's (R-Ariz.) funeral.

"I didn't realize at the time that anybody noticed what we were doing," the former first lady told NBC's "Today" show.

"President Bush and I are forever seat mates because of protocol; that's how we sit at all the official functions," Obama said. "So he is my partner in crime at every major thing where all the formers gather."

"I love him to death," she said of the former president. "He's a wonderful man. He's a funny man."

"I didn't realize at the time that anybody noticed what we were doing… He is my partner in crime at every major thing where all the formers gather… I love him to death." @MichelleObama talks about George W. Bush handing her a cough drop (an old one at that!) at McCain's funeral pic.twitter.com/hS9fV0DHjB

— TODAY (@TODAYshow) October 11, 2018

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...le-obama-george-w-bush-is-my-partner-in-crime

Man, Bush is really happy Trump got elected lol.

Ayahuasca

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
There is more blood on W's hands than Trump's.

I wish I could forget the entirety of W's presidency. Maddening seeing such little resistance and Dems nominating war enabler Kerry. Just sickening.

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018
4ea.jpg

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"He's a wonderful man. He's a funny man."

Iraqis surely appreciated his sense of humor as they lost everything and died in thousands.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Michelle, if you honestly believe you are a "Partner-in-Crime" to a hellbound war criminal, please seek professional help

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
There is definitely a club of former Presidents and their wives. Remember, Obama didn't look into the war crime of Bush because he wanted to "move on".

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd never use "partner in crime" while describing my relationship with a fucking war criminal/rapist defender.

The morality of kings - or in this case, presidents.

They all have blood on their hands. At some point, you have to be numb to it in order to be in that world at all.

And when you accept that, then the numbers are just numbers. As long as it was in service of the country, in some way.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Why am I supposed to get worked up about this? Michelle can be friends with whoever she wants. She isn't a politician.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Yikes. Although I get that she is saying she is saying she has no choice in this, there will be a certain camp on era ready to tear into her.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"So he is my partner in crime at every major thing where all the formers gather."

If you're going to keep attending the same mundane formal events, and see the same people, you're going to wind up developing an event buddy.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Being in the white house must change your perspective on the decisions that presidents often make. Otherwise she'd know what a boneheaded thing that is to say.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If someone in politics in the UK said "Tony Blair is my partner in crime" let alone this

"I love him to death," she said of the former president. "He's a wonderful man. He's a funny man."

Yeaaaah, that's a pass from me.

Fuck that. C'mon Michelle, George Bush is a war criminal and heavily responsible for the deaths of millions and the destabilisation of an entire part of the world. The Chilcott report confirmed Blair is a War criminal. Bush might not have had such an investigation done on him but the report we got shows Bushes actions as well.

I've got no idea why American politics didn't pretty much kick him to the curb. Supporting George Bush just to own Trump.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised people are focused on the totally innocuous partner in crime comment and not her saying he is a wonderful man

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He might act silly but the man isn't stupid enough to not realise Rumsfeld and Cheney were pushing him down a horrible road he could have stopped if wanted to. Katrina too.

Also, she isn't going to exactly say he is scum regarding a friendly question like that. He is funny and wonderful when they meet but I totally disagree with his handling of Iraq etc. That's what she likely thinks.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If someone in politics in the UK said "Tony Blair is my partner in crime" let alone this

Yeaaaah, that's a pass from me.

Fuck that. C'mon Michelle, George Bush is a war criminal and heavily responsible for the deaths of millions and the destabilisation of an entire part of the world. The Chilcot report confirmed Blair is a War criminal. Bush might not have had such an investigation done on him but the report we got shows Bushes actions as well.

I've got no idea why American politics didn't pretty much kick him to the curb. Supporting George Bush just to own Trump.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They all have blood on their hands. At some point, you have to be numb to it in order to be in that world at all.

And when you accept that, then the numbers are just numbers. As long as it was in service of the country, in some way.
Holy shit what a disgusting sentence. I sincerely hope you don't believe that garbage.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Context makes a helluva difference.

There's nothing controversial about this statement at all.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
The morality of kings - or in this case, presidents.

Naw I don't think getting innocents killed is just a "numbers game" but that's just me. And it definetly was not a service to our country.

Edit unless you are saying what bush did was what he believed was best?

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017
The left has a giant hard-on for litigating Bush, a chubby that traces back to Gore's victory being snatched away.

I don't think the animosity would be as strong (especially since Bush probably would have won anyway in hindsight) did Bush not, you know, help kill hundreds of thousands of Iraqis.

Status
Not open for further replies.