Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris
I hope this brings financial security and stability for all the workers at Double Fine. But I worry about Microsoft acquiring all the Double Fine IPs and what it means for future preservation of the titles they've worked on such as Grim Fandango (since Disney is also an owner of that title, and we know how awful and cumbersome legal partnerships between major publishers can be). Oh well, I'm just being worrisome for no reason, probably. Big publisher acquisitions just always makes me nervous.

It's also worrisome since they'll be at the whim of decision-making by investors and boardroom suits far away from the actual workings at Double Fine. And Microsoft doesn't have the best track record before this generation with studio health and survival.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Their games are perfect for game pass .small creative games .hope with more budget from MS they can updtae their engines for next gen games

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I fucking called it, that Phil shirt was a major tip off

Not a fan but if it means Double Fine can stay afloat then fair enough. They were one of the last true independent studios out there though :(

Phil's shirt wtf?

Is that a Psychonauts shirt?

Double Fine acquisition incoming?

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sad about this one, I don't think I ever played one of their games. I know of them, but they seem very indy so they probably could use the money.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
This is the Ninja Theory announcement of last year. Unreal announcement. I'm sad but well done Microsoft. I just wish they'd acquire stuff organically - you know, studios they have a history of working with.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy for Double Fine. They've had some rough spots so I'm glad they have stability.

Lys Skygge

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Fucking sucks....I guess I can still play their games on PC, but I've played everything else from them on Playstation

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Happy for Xbox fans but man, everybody should be able to play these guys wonderful games. I'm really not plussed on these aggressive MS acquisitions, and would feel the same about Sony doing it.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco's high cost of living claims another indie studio

Very sad for me, no studio said "indie games" like Double Fine, though I'm sure it will make life there more sustainable.

Ash735

Banned
Sep 4, 2018
So no more Double Fine on Playstation or Nintendo? Sucks for those who helped fund Psychonauts 2.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I guess I'm not playing Psychonauts 2, but I'm glad Double Fine has some security.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Phew, as a ps gamer this is not bad. Their games are not for me. Good for double fine getting the backing of ms and good for Xbox fans getting more games.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
For anyone wondering, Microsoft generally lets acquired teams finish multi platform projects, like Ninja Theory releasing that one game on switch. So Rad will still be coming to switch

RTX ON

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
I wonder what this means for Knights and Bikes? Announced as a PS4 and PC game, published by DF.