Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Yes free. Its part of the world content updates they do.

Last edited:

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017

EirFyMFWsAE9YMV

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap that looks incredible, what an update, can't wait to see where they do next.

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Awesome! Is this available to people with the regular edition? Well the cities at least, I dont really care about the airports.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome! Is this available to people with the regular edition? Well the cities at least, I dont really care about the airports.

They said 'free' and that it's available for Game Pass for PC folk so I think so?

Assumed airports would be premium add-ons but they kinda collected it all under one announcement so I dunno.

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
This looks great. I haven't flown around Japan yet as I'd heard it wasn't the best represented area, looking forward to visiting.

I hope we don't have to wait too long for a similar UK update.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I know why it wouldnt be an option but it would be cool if there was a history mode that allowed you to fly over cities at diff parts in history

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Amazing news.

I already expected tokyo :
One can only hope many more cities will get the photogrammetry treatment on Bing in the coming month/years. It seems like Tokyo might be one of them soonish(?), the city has bird view on Bing, but isn't 3d yet ion the Bing app. I can only guess that there is a significant delay between the two ( last video about Bing showed that there was lots of hand touch/crafting involved in the process of turning a city 3d from the photogrametry data/pictures ).
but we get even more than that, and sooner than expected too.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Looks fantastic!! Hopefully they've improved the LOD since the latest patch.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Im sure if its in the list it will be years down the line, but I hoep they do the same with Spain.

tobascodagama

Aug 21, 2020
I did a quick little jaunt from Tokyo Bay to Mt. Fuji the other day and was slightly disappointed in the representation of Tokyo. This looks great, though, I'll have to visit the area again when this update is live.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
It looks so beautiful. I tried installing Flight Simulator on PC GamePass but it was taking sooooooooo long to download all the files.

Plidex

Oct 30, 2017
YESSS!! Japan is the country I was more interested in exploring, I was disappointed seeing so many landmarks missing.

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
Half tempted to download it just to be disappointed so I can then download the update and see how much changed. Japan is basically my second home so I definitely wanna check this out!
I noticed that Narita Airport wasn't on the list? Was that one already modeled?

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Hadn't watched the trailer properly.
THEY ADDED HAKONE FUCK YEAH
I went there on an icon a5 before.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Half tempted to download it just to be disappointed so I can then download the update and see how much changed. Japan is basically my second home so I definitely wanna check this out!
I noticed that Narita Airport wasn't on the list? Was that one already modeled?
I know Haneda is one of the handcrafted airport. Not sure about Narita though.

I wonder if Osaka and Kyoto are not included in this update.

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
"the problem with Flight simulator is that it might be too good looking"

Wonder if they will try to make the console version more....gamey (if you know what I mean) Missions, tasks, stunts, goals....etc Either way, cant wait to try this out on Series X at some point

Sotonian

Oct 25, 2017

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
If this game runs well on console, it's going to factor in heavily in my decision about whether to get a series X or a PS5.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
No idea, just going by the ones in the video

EDIT: Found this on reddit: https://old.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/iywu7s/world_update_japan_releasing_for_free_on/

• 6 new photogrammetry cities
    • Sendai
    • Utsunomyia
    • Yokohama
    • Tokyo
    • Takamatsu
    • Tokushima
  • 6 new handcrafted airports
    • Hachijojima (RJTH)
    • Nagasaki (RJFU)
    • Suwanosejima (RJX8)
    • Kerama (ROKR)
    • Shimojishima (RORS)
    • Kushiro (RJCK)
Huh so no Osaka and Kyoto. Hopefully later. I wonder where the Tokyo part ends lol. Hope Disneyland/sea is included.