• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Huge success and well deserved. Asobo is 100% getting acquired by MS now right?

aeroslash

Feb 7, 2018
How is it completely broken? The real weather seems to work for me. And there were news stories about people flying in a hurricane that was happening in real life, that the game picked up the wind speeds/directions and stuff. Is it not realistic enough for the sim crowd or something?

it is not realistic at all. They were selling at it being realistic with the plane physics depending on the weather and air flow changes, and nothing happens.
Yeah, you can go to where there's a hurricane and you will see a more cloudy sky and a few layers of what try to simulate big CBs but nothing that really scare you. And then, you fly through it and nothing happens. Nothing at all.

Another way of seeing it is comparing the meteorological reports of the airports that the pilots use (metars) with what the game offers. Not even the wind strength/direction is correct.

As i say..completely broken.

Last edited:

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations!

Amazing to see this franchise come back in such an awesome way.

Really shows how Microsoft mistreated PC gamers for years and what could have been.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
It is as a Sim that i'm talking... it still lacks features that they were anounced way before it came out like the real weather. It's there, but completely broken.
The "simulator" is just nice for visual flight and propeller aircrafts, nothing more.

Yeah I know you're talking as a sim - still lots of work to be done, but as I said, it's not in too bad of a place right now, and a couple of "fan" projects have really filled in the gaps left by the shambolic default tubeliners.

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
Great numbers. Game really deserves it. Can't wait for the game to drop on Xbox. Funny thing is, I really couldn't care less about the flying mechanics itself. I just want to visit Japan, because fucking Corona destroyed my vacation plans. Is that weird?

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Awesome numbers. MSFS is an incredible achievement. Finding old places I lived and flying over them was such a cool experience.