• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Eh, I like mucking around with character creators, so I know I'll be able to get at least some enjoyment out of this. Might actually see the bloody thing occasionally if it's gonna be on Windows, too.

Shame most of the clothing options will inevitably be locked behind micro-transactions. Getting real-world money involved always takes the fun out of playing video game dress up.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Just knowing this is something they're spending time thinking about makes the Xbox platform less appealing.

lupianwolf

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox exclusive confirmed?

tumblr_mjwxb93kYK1s5sh9eo1_400.gif

This gif just reminded me that there's an actual Avatar game in development. What ever happened to that?.

Last edited:

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
The studio is already there. They are just growing it. I mean, they showed the new avatar system last year at E3. The studio must have been at least there for some time.

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
Typical Microsoft related thread replies, 2 pages of pointless comment and mocking without actual thinking.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
We've known there are new Avatars coming for ages now, and to be honest its a great idea especially for gaming if they execute properly. There are many cool ways they can be implemented like racing, brawling, puzzlers etc

Really wish some of you would actually, you know think before posting.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Wow. We don't even know what their plans are. As someone said a new 1vs100 with the new avatar system would be immense. Or maybe they will make avatar BR.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the avatar games from the 360 era were unironically among the most fun titles of the generation. From the Kinect games like Kinect Sports to stuff like Doritos Crash Course and 1v100. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing such experiences again, also considering the new avatars look really good. It was also great how a lot of games allowed you to use your avatar, eg. the Bomberman titles always allowed to play with that instead of a regular character if you wished. It'd be a cool thing, especially in kid games. Imagine playing an official video game from the latest Pixar movie, but instead of the main character you use an avatar based on you, with all the perks, traits, characteristics the new style has (very detailed face features, disabilities, etc.). This could be cool, too bad shitposters downplay it, as if the existence of avatars somehow meant there will be no other games on Xbox ever.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the avatar games from the 360 era were unironically among the most fun titles of the generation. From the Kinect games like Kinect Sports to stuff like Doritos Crash Course and 1v100. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing such experiences again, also considering the new avatars look really good. It was also great how a lot of games allowed you to use your avatar, eg. the Bomberman titles always allowed to play with that instead of a regular character if you wished. It'd be a cool thing, especially in kid games. Imagine playing an official video game from the latest Pixar movie, but instead of the main character you use an avatar based on you, with all the perks, traits, characteristics the new style has (very detailed face features, disabilities, etc.). This could be cool, too bad shitposters downplay it, as if the existence of avatars somehow meant there will be no other games on Xbox ever.

I genuinely enjoyed the Keflings game I played. It's where I got my current Xbox 360 avatar.

Anyone else even play those? Nice relaxing and pretty basic little city builders.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually surprised that I feel kinda excited for the new avatars. No idea why. Too bad I can't have my red dead redemption suit with a Dr. Pepper can as a head any more though.

I know everyone is wanting to see Doritos Crash Course, but I wanna see more stuff like Keflings.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually surprised that I feel kinda excited for the new avatars. No idea why. Too bad I can't have my red dead redemption suit with a Dr. Pepper can as a head any more though.

I know everyone is wanting to see Doritos Crash Course, but I wanna see more stuff like Keflings.

The success of games like Animal Crossing, Stardew Valley and Minecraft to an extent prove there is interest in that kind of relaxing gameplay loop. A high-quality polished Keflings sequel with these gorgeous avatars could lowkey be a hit.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
The success of games like Animal Crossing, Stardew Valley and Minecraft to an extent prove there is interest in that kind of relaxing gameplay loop. A high-quality polished Keflings sequel with these gorgeous avatars could lowkey be a hit.

I agree. It's just weird to me because it seems like Keflings was pretty successful as an IP but I have no idea who made it and no one ever talks about it.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
100 avatars drop on an island...
That'd be hilarious tbh. Especially if you could use your avatar clothes and gear in-game (Halo, Gears, Fable, Rare, Minecraft stuff).

I want:
-A kart racer (either a sequel to Joy Ride or a completely new series)
-Sequel to Keflings
-New version of Game Room, but for OG Xbox games

I never had the chance to try 1vs100, so I'd like to see it come back this gen. That's also the one game I could see working very well across a variety of platforms.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
This decision is probably based on the huge amount of money x360 owners have spent on clothes and other stuff for their avatars. It's easy money for MS I guess...

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
That'd be hilarious tbh. Especially if you could use your avatar clothes and gear in-game (Halo, Gears, Fable, Rare, Minecraft stuff).

I want:
-A kart racer (either a sequel to Joy Ride or a completely new series)
-Sequel to Keflings
-New version of Game Room, but for OG Xbox games

I never had the chance to try 1vs100, so I'd like to see it come back this gen. That's also the one game I could see working very well across a variety of platforms.

Yup, with interactive streaming and clients for mobile. I could see it work.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
This decision is probably based on the huge amount of money x360 owners have spent on clothes and other stuff for their avatars. It's easy money for MS I guess...
I don't think I ever bought an item for my avatar. Maybe the Gears 3 shirt, but I can't remember. It did make me play certain games to unlock their avatar rewards though. I hope they bring the reward system back with the new avatars.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

It would be weird if they did this and not make money on it tho. :P
But I think it's also part of their diversity-goals. Letting games be theirselves and express themselves.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In which a forum goes crazy about controllers in $80 cardboard boxes but is allergic to the idea of games with Avatars.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
are we back to 2007?who cares about avatar anymore. even in 2007 they were cool for a bit. that's all. time to move on and start developing for AR and/or VR instead of avatar if you have studios to spare like this .

But this brings forth a question. do they want to again try to appeal to casual market like Wii and kinect?

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
are we back to 2007?who cares about avatar anymore. even in 2007 they were cool for a bit. that's all. time to move on and start developing for AR and/or VR instead of avatar if you have studios to spare like this .

But this brings forth a question. do they want to again try to appeal to casual market like Wii and kinect?

With their investment in Minecraft, their games like Zoo Tycoon and Super Lucky's Tale? Absolutely. And a kart racer, a 1v100, a Keflings game, etc. could really help with that.

Jeffrey Guang

Nov 4, 2017
Taiwn
After Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Labo, I have learn that no idea is intrinsically "stupid."
The key is execution.
So I don't think we should scoff at the idea so easily.
I have faith that Microsoft could make this work as long as they make some serious effort.
Just look at the Surface Product line. It failed miserably for its first gen product. But now they get as premium as a PC could get.
So please Microsoft, make this good and shut up the haters for good.