• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
If you want free cloud saves, Microsoft has a product called Xbox 360.

For those of you still enjoying Xbox 360, cloud saves will soon be free to all Xbox 360 users, making transferring your favorite games to Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S even easier.

www.resetera.com

Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S Will Be the Best Place to Play 1000s of Games From Across Four Generations of Xbox (new info on framerate doubling)

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/10/13/xbox-series-x-and-xbox-series-s-backward-compatibility-update/?ocid=Platform_soc_omc_xbo_tw_Photo_lrn_10.13.1

Of course, it was already free on Xbox One and it will be on Xbox Series X | S.

I'm aware there is a thread dedicated to Xbox Series X/S backward compatibility news, but I thought this warranted a separate thread as it's news for the Xbox 360 in 2020.

Indy_Rex

Banned
Sep 20, 2020
ohzrd5t.jpg

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's actually great for people who still have a360 but went PS4 and come back now to the ecosystem. They can now upload their saves for bc games to use them right away!

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I didn't realize it was still a thing on 360, I thought this changed for everyone when Xbox One came out.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I hope that all those old ass 360s people been storing somewhere in their house will still be able to boot up this one last time to upload the saves.

Nov 1, 2017
Better late than never but i always think it was a weird decision to keep 360 cloud saves locked behind a paywall when it was free on XB1. There's probably only dozens of us (tm) that will use this who couldn't before.

Now when are they going to remove the Xbox Live gold requirement for FTP titles? Surely it's time, right?

xem

Oct 31, 2017
giphy.gif

i def dont know anyone personally that has one anymore. but hey.. great!

TameLucas

May 30, 2019
Montreal
Cloud saves locked behind a paywall sucks so much. This is probably the thing I hate the most about my Switch. Is it free for everyone on PS4, like on the XOne, or does it requires Playstation Plus?

Now, Microsoft, please remove the Gold requirement for F2P games and it's perfect.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
With a bunch of new players about to revisit their Xbox 360 library on new consoles, it's a good time to do it.

It's nice sticking a disc in your 2020 console and loading up a save from 15 years ago when you've had four Xbox's since!

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Cloud saves locked behind a paywall sucks so much. This is probably the thing I hate the most about my Switch. Is it free for everyone on PS4, like on the XOne, or does it requires Playstation Plus?

Now, Microsoft, please remove the Gold requirement for F2P games and it's perfect.

Requires plus on ps4.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A cool thing is if you still have 360, you can spend an hour setting it back up and dump all your save files to the cloud so you can access them on newer hardware.

Oct 29, 2017
FYI it is a manual process to copy saves to the cloud on 360 and make them accessible to XB1 and Series X/S. Fire up those old 360s and upload those saves!

Ifrit

Oct 27, 2017
Great news, I still have my Xbox 360 connected to play some exclusives, since I have a good enough PC for gaming, I haven't really felt the need to upgrade to an XB1 or Series S/X, but great to have the option if somehow it stops working and need to upgrade.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
Because cloud saves on 360 are tied to Gold I am kinda hoping them lifting this actually means they're dropping Gold.

Yes a stretch I know but it's not like we can do anything but speculate :P

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Awesome, I imagine the main reasoning behind this is that it allows Xbox 360 owners who are getting a Series console to spend some time uploading all their saves and then have them availalbe on their Series console

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
This is awesome, I really appreciate Xbox's backwards compatibility. Sitting here annoyed that I have to figure out what to do with PSP and PS3 games people are cheering to throw away as "trash" and on the other end you have stuff like this, really impressed.

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
Yeah this is cool, I actually just dug out my old 360 so my son could play Oblivion on it. He was hyped when I told him it will run even better on the Series X (4K, quicker loading and presumably smoother frame-rate because it sure is choppy on the 360). On a semi-unrelated not, the game out 5 years before my son was even born and it's crazy that he can easily appreciate the game and that it doesn't even feel that outdated compared to the games he plays on his Switch. I was born in 1983 and no way in hell was I playing something made in 1978 when I was his age.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017

It's not free on PS4.

And thanks for reminding me, I need to go USB my saves before I sell my Pro.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I commented about this in the other thread, seems overdue but at least it's happening.

prodyg

Oct 28, 2017
This is great, now we just need Sony to make cloud saves free and we can be done with this weird era of cloud save fees.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
This is great, now we just need Sony to make cloud saves free and we can be done with this weird era of cloud save fees.

You forgot Nintendo.

Ikaruga is the only 360 game I have downloaded to my X1X, but this should make it more convenient. I believe I uploaded the Ikaruga save from my 360 to the Cloud back when I was using one of the four 90 day XBLG cards I bought along with my X1X. I still have two of them left.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wish that this was a thing when the console was prominent, I lost tons of saves from that era since it wasn't even a thing when I stopped playing that console and now there are some games where I would appreciate being to able to recover it

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I had to dump my saves from my PS4 to a USB stick like some caveman because I don't sub to PS Plus, prepping to sell my PS4. None of this shit should be behind paywalls. Absurd.

Sayuz

Apr 29, 2019
Great news for all us last-last-gen players who said that if we held onto our consoles long enough, eventually technology would loop back around and we'd all be playing on them again. Time is a flat circle, after all. And maybe this time the Xbox 360 won't be the Dreamcast 2.0.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Great, so I can continue my Sonic Unleashed save on Xbox One, I still need to get some S Ranks on the DLC.