• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
https://charlieintel.com/2018/10/31/call-of-duty-points-now-live-in-call-of-duty-black-ops-4/

44D0AF74-818A-4A4F-8A74-D24ADB49BBB6.jpeg

666C3630-7579-4775-A73E-ABEF0CD472F1.jpeg

Dq264igWwAAEKeI.jpg

Call of Duty Points can be used for buying Special Orders or buying tiers of current tiers in the Black Market. There's different Special Orders, which unlock different tier streams available to unlock with Call of Duty Points. Each stream costs a different amount of Points. You can also directly purchase certain amount of tiers if you want too. Each tier costs 100 Call of Duty Points — so if you want a certain tier, you can get that tier now with a direct purchase, but must unlock tiers in order. You can still grind to get each tier by just playing, as well.

Call of Duty Points can be bought in the in-game store or your platform's store with real money. It's available today on PS4.

Players can get Call of Duty Points from the in-game store, or your platform's respective store. Call of Duty Points you may have had leftover from previous Call of Duty games will be accessible and should show up in Black Ops 4 to use.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, we knew it was coming. It's not like Activision was going to sit by idly while Fortnite makes literally billions of dollars on skins.

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
I feel these would be more acceptable had they bothered to include a single player campaign.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Delaying MTX to avoid backlash in the most important period for a new release is certainly a valid strategy.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I guess they kinda missed the boat a few years ago on starting to call it something other than "CP," huh?

Nov 18, 2017
How much to unlock tiers... it's going to be something vile like £1 a tier isn't it?

Edit: If the amazon price for Points is correct that's £70 for all 200 tiers. Every 50 days or so there's a new tier list. So that's what... £500 a year to buy all tiers? Seriously hope I'm way off with that.

Oct 25, 2017
Unlike Fortnite, you are not buying items directly here. You are buying a "Special Order" that you have to fill up by completing tiers. You have to complete 10 tiers if you get a Legendary Special Order, or 5 tiers if you get a Rare Special Order.

You can buy tiers directly as well, 100 points (1 dollar) per tier.

edit - there is no time limit on the tiers

Last edited:

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Really crazy to me that they can get away with little to no discussion of mtx during it's launch by just delaying it like this. Worked out for them I guess .

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Delaying MTX to avoid backlash in the most important period for a new release is certainly a valid strategy.

Call of Duty has had mtx for a long time.. everyone knew it was coming. Not to mention, its all cosmetics or buying tiers for the existing free "battle pass" type system.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
Unlike Fortnite, you are not buying items directly here. You are buying a "Special Order" that you have to fill up by completing tiers. You have 3 days to complete 10 tiers if you get a Legendary Special Order, or 5 tiers if you get a Rare Special Order.

You can buy tiers directly as well, 100 points (1 dollar) per tier.

This sounds like a bigger pain in the ass and potentially more expensive than Fornite since the Blackout pass goes to 200 tiers. Ahh what a bummer this is shaping up to be.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, now that I've seen this a couple of times I know to wait a few months on any AAA game that doesn't detail their microtransaction plan. These companies obviously learned the wrong lesson from Battlefront 2.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, now that I've seen this a couple of times I know to wait a few months on any AAA game that doesn't detail their microtransaction plan. These companies obviously learned the wrong lesson from Battlefront 2.
But this is nothing like Battlefront 2 and it would get no backlash on launch either. People saying this have clearly not seen how BO4 MTXs actually are.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
Black Ops 4 has a Battle Pass that is available for everyone for free.

Last session I played, I only gained 2 tiers after an hour or so. Is this still the case, or have they added daily and weekly challenges to speed it up? From what I've seen, there's some expectation to purchase tiers. In that 200, they don't offer a whole lot if I remember it right. Just colorways and emotes until the final tiers.

And honestly, I purchased one battle pass in Fortnite and I always seem to have enough to purchase the next season's without spending more cash.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Sorry Activision, can't spend money on these MTX because your company can't seem to launch a CoD game on PC without some issues that prevents even launching the game, such as the safe mode crash.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's actually a good system, you can still win everything playing and it's basically cosmetic stuff like Fortnite.

Sounds

Oct 27, 2017
The special order thing has to be a joke? You're buying a skin that you can't even use until you unlock them through ANOTHER tier system? Paywall-locked skins that are locked until the player unlocks each tier to unlock the skin.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Weird that they'd give me 1000 COD points on Xbox One today with a splash screen (the first image in OP) but not actually have the store for 7 days because of PS4 exclusivity. 'Here's 1000 COD points!' but nowhere I can use them and no explanation of what they are.

Sounds

Oct 27, 2017
No? It is just a skin you can use right away

The info in the OP is confusing then... I guess I don't understand this: There's different Special Orders, which unlock different tier streams available to unlock with Call of Duty Points. Each stream costs a different amount of Points.

There's also a pic of the bombero special order, and it says it contains 10 items including the bombero skin.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
100 tiers for 10k CP points that's probably $500 worth? but what if i tell you that it's only $99.99 best value for you if you buy today! Buy now while supplies last *Supplies are imaginary now so we don't run out but you do*

Heisenburger

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can't fucking wait love me some microtransactions.

The cosmetic stuff in this game is complete garbage anyway and such a step down from black ops 3 to the point of being completely pointless.

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
If people want to spend money to play dress up on digital avatars let them. I don't know why people get so upset about this. The game launched with plenty of content to justify 60 bucks at launch.