• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Full Patch notes
https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Of...dow-of-War-Patch-14-July-17-2018/td-p/1882311

We've removed the market, streamlined and improved the post-campaign Epilogue, added new player skins, new Legendary gear including Nazgûl masks so you can really confuse those Orcs and introduced hundreds of fixes and improvements.

And if you want to try out Shadow of War before diving into the best version ever of the game, you can play a new demo releasing tomorrow (July 18) in conjunction with the update to experience the dynamic personal stories of the Nemesis System as you conquer your first fortress.

Here are just some of the improvements we're most excited about:

Free Reign
We've completely removed the market and microtransactions from Shadow of War. Now we have the Garrison where Orcs you recruit through Online Vendettas and Ranked Conquests will be stored, and you can now spend in-game Mirian to train, upgrade and customize your personal Orc army.

The Shadow Wars
The post-campaign Epilogue has been massively streamlined and polished to include new narration from Shelob, the Witch-king and Dark Talion. Victory in the Epilogue rewards you with the masks of the Nazgûl, unlocks powerful new abilities to raise the dead, summon more powerful monsters or curse your enemies. And if you want to keep upgrading and defending your fortresses and your army in Mordor, you can do so after the final credits roll.

More Power to You
In addition to new Nazgûl gear, the level cap has been increased to 80, and you can level up faster with greater XP rewards for Nemesis missions, defeating Captains and online fort assaults. New Prestige Skills available after Act III can be unlocked multiple times. You can also spend Mirian to upgrade your gear to your current level if you can complete the upgrade challenge.

New Skins
Take the fight to Sauron as Celebrimbor, reliving the first War for Mordor or as Dark Eltariel.

Nemesis Improvements
Even the Orcs have some presents for you. There are more Legendary Orcs to encounter, followers can now surprise you with the occasional gift. And if you think your followers are too keen to help and have been stealing your kills, you can turn off the savior feature in the menu.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...of-war-one-update-to-rule-them-all-out-today/

Last edited:

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
So after the game died they're now trying to reinvigorate it by getting on the good side of customers by removing MTX after they already got their money. No thanks.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
So after the game died they're now trying to reinvigorate it by getting on the good side of customers by removing MTX after they already got their money. No thanks.
I mean, they are also adding other things. And we knew about this update and that they were gonna remove the market. Your take is silly.

Jan 4, 2018
This game is a lot of fun and if microtransactions were your main grievance I'd recommend giving it a try now. I can get lost in the nemesis system for hours.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whats with this attitude? By your logic, they already got their money so why bother spending expensive dev resources on something thats free?

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I have this from the holidays but only played about an hour. Sounds like my patience paid off so I'll jump back in now.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish I had been able to full get into this game. I put about 20 hours into it, so I don't feel I wasted my money, but I got no where near the end of the game at all.

I wanted to like it, I swear I did.....maybe the patch will help.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna grab the gold version on X1 while it's $35 on the storefront. Been waiting for this.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I'll give it a whirl. I also got stumped by the epilogue grind that did a lot of people in, but I still enjoyed the game overall.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Whats with this attitude? By your logic, they already got their money so why bother spending expensive dev resources on something thats free?
Because they're looking for people who didn't buy it because of MTX not people who already bought it?
I mean, they are also adding other things. And we knew about this update and that they were gonna remove the market. Your take is silly.
We knew about this update long after the game came out. If they mentioned it before the game released then you MIGHT have a point. They didn't tho.

AM_LIGHT

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Game is loaded on my X can't wait to jump in , I have been craving some action game since platinuming GOW and I absolutely loved shadow of Mordor back when I played it in 2015.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017

As a person who didn't buy it when it was released, this is definitely some incentive to try it out next time it's heavily discounted.

Raw64life

Oct 25, 2017
The first game was fun but got so repetitive that I never finished it. I had my eye on this game but the anti-consumer stuff turned me completely off.

It's great that they're removing this garbage and I hope the trend continues. Will definitely at least try out the demo tomorrow.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's too bad the game is awful even without the mobile game business practices. They just made a bad game into a huge boring grind near the end and in post game.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
Get people on your good side so you can swindle them again with your next game in two years.

This is one of the most transparently cynical "good moves" ever made in this industry.
I finished the game twice and never even looked at the lootboxes. If those lootboxes paid for this free content I'm getting now I hope they "swindle" people again.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've yet to play it but this sounds like a good thing. I just hope it didn't make any of the trophies harder to get.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
So the update is tomorrow all of a sudden instead of the 17th like they have said since the announcement and the oher thread...? oh well,one more day then lol...

EDIT: NM,I think the update is today still but demo tomorrow....I think lol.

Deleted member 8777

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Weird that it's only 800mb. Updating now. I played the game but never got to the parts people said were bad and grindy.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Was the DLC any good?

I enjoyed this game, but ended up trading it in after beating it, I might be interested in picking it up again for the right price.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
This is how Games as a Service work... they continuously evolve and update.

Some gross hot takes in here unsurprisingly. Can't wait for the garbage Jimquisition video on this.

Nov 17, 2017
I got a Xbox download code for this for £5 when it first came out thanks to a CDKeys price glitch but never got round to starting it - Sounds like now is the perfect time!

How does it look on the X?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
A video game is getting better today. If that is somehow bothersome to you, whatever, it's idiotic but you do you. Just keep it to yourself instead of showing the world your idiotic view.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Get people on your good side so you can swindle them again with your next game in two years.

This is one of the most transparently cynical "good moves" ever made in this industry.

When I played the game I didn't buy a single micro transaction and I didn't have a problem. How are gamers getting swindled prepatch? What do I miss by not using the micro transactions?

It'd be nice to see more decks make their micro transactions free a year or two after the game launched.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
A video game is getting better today. If that is somehow bothersome to you, whatever, it's idiotic but you do you. Just keep it to yourself instead of showing the world your idiotic view.
Calm down. It's fucking video games. No need to get overly defensive about your favorite video game shitty practices.
How dare they try to improve the game.

What is up with people being so unforgiving that an initial "bad" impression makes them hate a game forever, even when it becomes good ?
This's clearly not why I'm talking about here. You can bet their next game is gonna have MTX again when it launches. I hope you're happy with a future where single player games are locking end-game content behind tons of grind to force you to buy MTX or spend hours doing the exact same thing, and if you don't like it then you'll have to wait a year, maybe 2 or even more until the developer decides to remove it from the game.

Last edited:

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland

How dare they try to improve the game.

What is up with people being so unforgiving that an initial "bad" impression makes them hate a game forever, even when it becomes good ?