TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
TIL there was a Mighty Ducks cartoon with actual ducks. Around the time I started watching cartoons less. Only 1 season so it couldn't have been that good lol.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Random trivia: The screenwriter for the original film was contractually given 5% of all Mighty Ducks merch by Disney, and then some Disney executive decided to buy an entire hockey team and named them after the Mighty Ducks, and then they decided to make a weird cartoon based on that hockey team... and then the writer from the original movie popped up and said "Hey, doesn't all this stuff count as 'merch'? Do I own 5% of a hockey team now?"

After sweating for a while, Disney settled out-of-court for an undisclosed sum.

This new show is being written and produced for Disney+ by the screenwriter of the original movie. He's in the driver's seat now.

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I still say Charlie should have been the villainous coach.
Charlie needs to be in this he is the mighty ducks. More than Bombay.

I find it funny by the 3rd movie the ducks really suck and the only reason they were actually good because they had an actual good player banks, and a good goalie Julie. Not Goldberg he sucked as a goalie he demoted to 2nd string. They were gimmicks and trick shots hopefully we get less of that in the show.

Slacka

Oct 27, 2017
Is this a reboot or a sequel to the movies? lol

Many years later sequel. The original mighty ducks team after all their success has gone on to be a powerhouse, much like the hawks of the original films, so a new ragtag group of kids that got cut from the team form their own team to take them on with the help of Coach Bombay.

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Get Elden Henson back in Shape. I want Fulton Reed.

ebEWq5.gif

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Charlie needs to be in this he is the mighty ducks. More than Bombay.

I find it funny by the 3rd movie the ducks really suck and the only reason they were actually good because they had an actual good player banks, and a good goalie Julie. Not Goldberg he sucked as a goalie he demoted to 2nd string. They were gimmicks and trick shots hopefully we get less of that in the show.

It's really more of a situation where they were great at 12 and at 13... but once they hit High School and the average age of the competitors is older than them as well as the players in general training more, they hit that competitive wall that happens often in sports. Everytime a player hits a new, higher level, the level of dedication and training across the board goes way up.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I'm worried that with the Star Wars sequels, Kobra Kai, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Mighty Ducks, Baggy Jeans etc...we're in peak nostalgia period for my childhood and in a few years when they're doing this shit with Teletubbies I'll realise I'm official ancient and will never be indulged this way again.

Last edited:

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Kinda sucks that the new team being formed aren't the ducks. I wonder if it'll get turned around somehow and they become Ducks.

I dunno, I just think the Ducks team should still be the side we follow.

That said, I'm still eager to watch this, love the original movies, even if the first one is probably the best really.

Hope some vintage ducks make appearances if they keep making more.

FlashbladeERA

Oct 27, 2017
Damn... had no idea Emilio was in this/got back in front of a camera.

Almost ignored and wrote this off as another soulless reboot.