• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EAx-Yfjy-Ws-Ac-Mekt.jpg

I came across this on my twitter feed and at first, didn't think it was real. But throughout this generation several members of the XBOX Exec team have frequented and conversed with youtubers such as this and have longstanding relationships with this podcast in particular. And, well, I just don't get it. Especially since the PR Phil and CO push is about inclusivity yet behind the PR headlines they frequently converse with and will go as far as to pay a fee to join a channel such as this?! A channel, run by one of the most toxic people who is well known in the community for going on several homophobic rants in the name of console wars? A youtuber who has spewed out tirades against the LGBTQ community?

This has always been confusing to me. A total and complete head scratcher.

This is wrong! On so many levels this is WRONG!

I did a search for this topic and found nothing. And posted because although this subject isn't easy, it needs to be discussed.

Edit: Channel is run by Dealer Gaming

EDIT 2: Here's one homophobic rant posted in another thread from said youtuber

Dqc0T3xXQAAxBxq

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
You would probably be better served by actually going into detail on which channel this is happening on. There are a lot of toxic homophobic Youtubers.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
imagine making this thread and not mentioning who the channel even belongs to and assuming we're supposed to know every fuckboi youtuber like the OP does.

wack

TimPV3

Oct 30, 2017
These companies don't really care about inclusiveness or you, or anything that isn't $$$

Dan8589

Banned
May 30, 2019
Have you proof that this is Mike? I can imagine someone with your avatar would be quick to jump on an xbox guy without providing more information.

OP
OP
OG_Thrills

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
YouTube lets you pick any display name and avatar, so how do you know that's the real person?
I'm also not sure who this "Dealer" guy is but a quick search suggests Mike Ybarra also appeared on his podcast in April so he's clearly endorsing whatever it is this channel does.

He has been featured on the podcast previously and in this particular instance Dealer goes into detail on the podcast about how they verified Mike Ybarra in their chat.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
ive never heard of dealer or why i should not like him, there is no way of knowing if thats real ybarra or not

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
OG_Thrills you need more detail in your OP, including examples of Dealers toxic past.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
- Never heard of Dealer Gaming. Can you post examples of what this channel has done?

- How do you know that's the real Mike Ybarra?

DocSeuss

Oct 25, 2017
Instead of just saying "youtuber is shit" (and I'm predispositioned to hate on youtubers considering how many of them are just kids who want corporate attention and free money and will lie their asses off to promote shit so they can get free shit, so I'm willing to believe you), please actually lay out in the OP how the person is shit, what he did, examples, etc, thanks.

I know a few people who know Rand Al Thor and they all seem to like the guy, had never heard anything bad happening with him. Some guy told me Timdog was a horrible human, but the guy who did that turned out to be an abusive, manipulating asshole out for his own gain so for all I know, Timdog is a saint.

I guess what I'm saying is... explain what you mean instead of breathlessly rushing to post a bunch of shit. You didn't even say who it WAS at the start, come on.

Make a case.

The relationship is longstanding

That isn't possible. His tirades would get any of us banned.

bruh you just accused a guy of being a lot of awful things and another guy of endorsing those things

back it up or don't speak.

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
- Never heard of Dealer Gaming. Can you post examples of what this channel has done?

- How do you know that's the real Mike Ybarra?
tons of examples in this thread
www.resetera.com

Windows Central Journo Telling People to Follow Homophobic Toxic Gamer

I'm really surprised to see Jez Corden telling people to follow Dealer Gaming. For those of you who are unaware, Dealer has been one of the most toxic gamers in the community. He literally did a video calling Playstation users F@gs and talking about their mothers. Why in the hell would a well...

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt Mike is watching every video this guy is posting so I'm not sure whether he actually know the person's past history or not.
The relationship is longstanding

I'm sure posting it in a negative frame will be fine here.

DocSeuss

Oct 25, 2017
tons of examples in this thread
www.resetera.com

I'm really surprised to see Jez Corden telling people to follow Dealer Gaming. For those of you who are unaware, Dealer has been one of the most toxic gamers in the community. He literally did a video calling Playstation users F@gs and talking about their mothers. Why in the hell would a well...

Thank you! Was this so hard, OP?

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Not if they're just informative examples. You don't get banned for posting racist/homophobic tirades as part of a news OP. In-fact, not including them is worse, since it basically opens the way for judgement and vilification without proof or merit.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not surprised by anything Ybarra does at this point, tell me he went on a Crapgamer podcast and I would believe you.

OP
OP
OG_Thrills

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Instead of just saying "youtuber is shit" (and I'm predispositioned to hate on youtubers considering how many of them are just kids who want corporate attention and free money and will lie their asses off to promote shit so they can get free shit, so I'm willing to believe you), please actually lay out in the OP how the person is shit, what he did, examples, etc, thanks.

I know a few people who know Rand Al Thor and they all seem to like the guy, had never heard anything bad happening with him. Some guy told me Timdog was a horrible human, but the guy who did that turned out to be an abusive, manipulating asshole out for his own gain so for all I know, Timdog is a saint.

I guess what I'm saying is... explain what you mean instead of breathlessly rushing to post a bunch of shit. You didn't even say who it WAS at the start, come on.

Make a case.

bruh you just accused a guy of being a lot of awful things and another guy of endorsing those things

back it up or don't speak.

I will ask a mod if I can post examples. If not go here:
www.resetera.com

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
he appeared on his youtube show during E3 this year so it's not like this is anything new. i'd say that's markedly worse too.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Corporations don't actually give a fuck about social issues. They tell you what you want to hear. They will employ a shit heel like Ybarra until he outlives his usefulness. As long as whatever benefit he brings to the company outweighs the uproar over him being a shit heel, this won't change.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope he realizes who he's following. Sometimes you can accidentally start following a content creator because you liked some of the videos, only to realize later that he's a total bigot. It happened to me with Dunkey and JonTron, of course it can happen too to someone like Ybarra. I hope it's a mistake and he doesn't share the same principles as the Youtuber.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder to everyone that execs celebrating diversity is usually just a play to get your dollar. The Xbox group has had reports of sexual harassment of a lot of women employees being ignored.

qz.com

Amid employee uproar, Microsoft is investigating sexual harassment claims overlooked by HR

“This thread has pulled the scab off a festering wound...A wide audience is now listening,” one Microsoft employee wrote in the emails reviewed by Quartz.

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017
Corporations are amoral. They go where the money is. They will wear any mask it takes to sell products and raise stock value. Remember this the next time a corporate spokesperson says something you agree with. The corporation itself doesn't mean it. Don't cheerlead for them. Cheerlead for your values and be cynical and hold them accountable.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't surprise me at all. I see him responding to people like Crapgamer and TimDog all the time.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Dude is whack.

During his tirade against reviews, I made conjecture that the guy was probably a closet GGer, and got shouted down in the associated thread.

So he's actually just terrible in all these other ways that totally never ever intersect with GGers on the shitty gamer venn diagram. MY BAD YALL.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Not the first time Xbox execs have shown they don't actually care about inclusivity or the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.