Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I am so sleepy q.q
giphy.gif

Beastie91

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Bay Area CA
Atleast stick up for one of your own games guess he agrees with most of the Crackdown 3 reviews...

Im actually truly interested about how he feel about the reviews for that game now.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
Because he is trying to discredit independent reviewers while pushing people toward streamers and influencers.
This.

Same thing for anyone dismissing the importance of consumer reviews (especially on storefronts) by the way.
"Influencers" are a much better and more predictable deal for publishers.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Some of you really think the dude who spends his weekends shitting in Xbox fanboys despite being the VP of Xbox has some sort of grand scheme to get back at games journalists over some marketing deal??

Lmao
I don't think it's some kind of grand conspiracy but it sure is a bad look

Sometimes you need to think about optics before posting a hot take, especially if youre a vp of a huge corporate division

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I watch all the #ad #sponsored streams to see the completely unbiased opinion on a video game.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how Phil Spencer always talks about being against toxicity but people under him like Ybarra, Hyrb and Greenberg frequently bait toxicity like this. Is it a smoke screen or does he need to communicate his policy to his underlings better?

Mega1X

The Fallen
Jun 4, 2018
He just has a bias view not cause it's the marketing but rather he's put in already so many hours into the game, and is already Alliance 10 when the official release isn't until after tom. That's what I think anyway.

it's more to do that he is loving the game very much and just hates it's negative review, which honestly we've all done before. We've all seen some reviews and called them out cause we'll we think it's an amazing game and stuff.

https://twitter.com/xboxqwik/status/1097618382147317760?s=21

https://twitter.com/xboxqwik/status/1097972139049680898?s=21

Sorry I don't know how to directly make the tweets appear still a noob at this site.

Jan 4, 2018
Can't believe he would say something as controversial as "you should watch gameplay instead of read impressions if you want a good idea of if you'd like the game."

Also can't believe that the game doesn't have a long, forced tutorial. What is this, Dark Souls?

EDIT: Obviously Mike is biased here, but I don't see how the opinion that streams and gameplay videos are more helpful to determining whether you'll enjoy the minute to minute gameplay compared to a written review is controversial or over the top. Not saying reviews don't have merit, I still read several to inform my purchasing decisions, but I do think reviews are better for having others point out flaws and guide discussion on improvements, while streams are a good way to tell if the game is actually fun.

OP
OP
Proven

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but if he's going to say this about Anthem, he probably thinks the exact same thing about Crackdown reviews

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
He did something similar with Redrix Claymore (A gun which like under 10% of D2 players got) saying it was easy and essentially get gud when he clearly got a hard carry.

It's problematic.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017

Amaterasu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's been 3 years, 3 months, and 24 days since I bought a game for my Xbox One. This guy isn't making me want to come back.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Oh God. His "modern reviews" definition thing is pretty damn stupid. So "modern reviews" is now "things other than reviews?"

chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting salty over marketed game? Pathetic.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Gamers shouldn't have to go into a deep tutorial menu to find a hidden combo. Seems like the Anthem team should've done a better job.

I'm guessing the poor Crackdown 3 reviews are also part of the reason he's upset tho.

(But I also haven't played Anthem, maybe if I played it I would think he's right. Not the first time I've disagree with a reviewer)

if it was an IGN reviewer people would be cheering him up!

IGN has made several mistakes recently so probably lol. That whole RE2 review, that Apex Legends tweet, Filip, etc.

Will never go there again.

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017
Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but if he's going to say this about Anthem, he probably thinks the exact same thing about Crackdown reviews

I mean... it might imply that there is much more at stake with the Anthem marketing deal than there was with the Crackdown 3 release. That would explain why he is speaking up for one game instead of another.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
I mean Jason Schreier even said in the Anthem OT that we shouldn't trust reviews that came out so early for Anthem as there was no way a reviewer would have the proper time to actually review a game of this type, are people going to say he's wrong too?

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't really believe this tweet is due to their marketing deal if you have followed him this has been his attitude for a while and I've always been kinda confused how someone like Phil Spencer can be so honest with the community in a positive way and Ybarra can always come off snobbish...time for a change

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hi guys, I review games, I don't read the tutorials though

Nah, fuck that. 14 hours in and I haven't been told by the game what a combo is. Maybe it's in some menu, but even after reading that, it barely works how it says due to the 2005-era MMO lag of the enemies actually responding to your actions.