• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
hero

www.nintendo.com

Milk inside a bag of milk inside a bag of milk and Milk outside a bag of milk outside a bag of milk for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy Milk inside a bag of milk inside a bag of milk and Milk outside a bag of milk outside a bag of milk and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

Jokes aside from the title, these titles are legit and well worth checking out if you're one for surreal and close hitting themes of loneliness and the way our mind tries to defend or even hurt itself.

There's also a pre-order discount if you're interested

www.pcgamer.com

Milk Outside a Bag of Milk Outside a Bag of Milk is a chance to examine a me outside a bag of me

This short and sharply written tale is an unflinching, unvarnished, but not unsympathetic look at mental illness.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
So are they banking on the silly title to generate word of mouth since it's a small indie game or did they genuinely want the silly title to begin with? Because, NGL, just scrolling through the eshop and seeing a title like that is more likely to make me pass on it.

BRVR

Mar 9, 2022
Ragnarok inside a bag of God Of War inside a bag of Ragnarok and God Of War outside a bag of Ragnarok outside a bag of God Of War

Razlo

Oct 31, 2017
So are they banking on the silly title to generate word of mouth since it's a small indie game or did they genuinely want the silly title to begin with? Because, NGL, just scrolling through the eshop and seeing a title like that is more likely to make me pass on it.

Counterpoint: I only clicked this thread because of the game title.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Probably a bit of both. These are two separate titles in one bundle, so it was this or something like the "The Inside Outside Bag of Milk Collection" lol.

With that said, the name does reflect on a central piece of the story both games have. So it balances out.

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
That title name and the phone footage of a laptop of a phone footage Kojima game?

Rough morning for my brain.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
It might be easy to side eye or joke about the name (which is in service of something within the games themes), but these games are great, really melancholic and depressing reflections of severe mental health struggles. I highly recommend people (with the caveat that you have the mental fortitude to handle some pretty dark content) check them out. They're short too, first one is like 30 mins, second one is maybe 1-2 hours or so.

Not to be too reductionist, but they reminded me a lot of something like Serial Experiments Lain. Just overwhelmingly oppressive and sad, but meaningful.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
They're legit good games as Jaw says, definitely unique, surreal, dealing with some heavy themes. The titles even fit really.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
It might be easy to side eye or joke about the name (which is in service of something within the games themes), but these games are great, really melancholic and depressing reflections of severe mental health struggles. I highly recommend people (with the caveat that you have the mental fortitude to handle some pretty dark content) check them out. They're short too, first one is like 30 mins, second one is maybe 1-2 hours or so.

Not to be too reductionist, but they reminded me a lot of something like Serial Experiments Lain. Just overwhelmingly oppressive and sad, but meaningful.

They're games that definitely wear their Lain inspiration on their sleeves so I wouldn't be worried about making the comparison.

But yeah, the title might be weird but there's meaning behind it that's more than just, "lol random."

JODOROWSKY51

Nov 19, 2017
London...

Isn't that basically… marketing? Like a small indie needs all the help they can get!

I'm probably going to buy the game, but I wouldn't of even clicked the thread it it was titled CEREBRO SOULS: MIND SPLASH

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017

Thread title made me click. If I saw that pic in the store, I'd keep scrolling before the name even registered.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I thought it was one big title, OP should have used the quotes to make it clear :'D

This is from the Nintendo page btw:

This product includes both the first and the second part of the series: "Milk Inside A Bag Of Milk Inside A Bag Of Milk" and "Milk Outside A Bag Of Milk Outside A Bag Of Milk".

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Loved these games, some wonderful short VNs. Happy to see them get an opportunity to grow their audience. Definitely mind any content warnings

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Yooooo this looks up my alley if it's kinda psychological and "off".

How's the actual game? It's cheap too on preorder, looks interesting. I've found myself liking indie games that deal with the mind/mood. A lot of the indies I've played on Switch have been visual novels too.

Other indie games I liked a lot: Gris, Doki Doki LC, Celeste, Gnosia

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

number8888

Oct 27, 2017
If I understand correctly there are two games:

"Milk inside a bag of milk inside a bag of milk" is the prequel.
"Milk outside a bag of milk outside a bag of milk" is the sequel.

You get both as a bundle on Switch, but they are separate games.

Reviews looks good on Steam and I like generally psychological horror stuff so will likely give it go.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Yooooo this looks up my alley if it's kinda psychological and "off".

How's the actual game? It's cheap too on preorder, looks interesting. I've found myself liking indie games that deal with the mind/mood. A lot of the indies I've played on Switch have been visual novels too.

Other indie games I liked a lot: Gris, Doki Doki LC, Celeste, Gnosia
It's a visual novel, very very little actual "game" outside some dialogue choices. Closest to the games you listed is Doki Doki LC. Not to discredit it though, it's a great little VN.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I just played through both of these and they were pretty great. We need more games talking about mental health issues without being ableist or ignorant.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
It's a visual novel, very very little actual "game" outside some dialogue choices. Closest to the games you listed is Doki Doki LC. Not to discredit it though, it's a great little VN.
Oh yeah, I saw that in OP. I like VN! Only played a few but always get the most out of them. I was just listing indies I've played :P

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Played through inside and outside, and did all the endings. Took my time, and probably spent six or seven hours fascinated with this game/bundle, especially the second one!

I cannot recommend it enough. It was trippy, odd, and more games handling mental health and how it affects the character/world is always welcomed. Thought provoking game.

AvianAviator

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 23, 2021
hero

www.nintendo.com

Milk inside a bag of milk inside a bag of milk and Milk outside a bag of milk outside a bag of milk for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy Milk inside a bag of milk inside a bag of milk and Milk outside a bag of milk outside a bag of milk and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

Jokes aside from the title, these titles are legit and well worth checking out if you're one for surreal and close hitting themes of loneliness and the way our mind tries to defend or even hurt itself.

There's also a pre-order discount if you're interested

www.pcgamer.com

Milk Outside a Bag of Milk Outside a Bag of Milk is a chance to examine a me outside a bag of me

This short and sharply written tale is an unflinching, unvarnished, but not unsympathetic look at mental illness.
Can you update the title to be in quotes so people can tell it's two games? 😅

"Milk inside a bag of milk inside a bag of milk" and "Milk outside a bag of milk outside a bag of milk" are Coming to Switch

Or something like that. To improve readability!

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Yesterday, I saw a commercial about this game between youtube videos, and it picked my interest. Anyone that played Are they good games?

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday, I saw a commercial about this game between youtube videos, and it picked my interest. Anyone that played Are they good games?
They are visual novels through and through. I loved both of these but look at some of the images, if you vibe with them then you will probably like the games, if not then probably not.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Do you like Visual Novels? That's the most important part.
I prefer the ones with some kind of gameplay, but I don't mind to try one without gameplay if the story is good.

They are visual novels through and through. I loved both of these but look at some of the images, if you vibe with them then you will probably like the games, if not then probably not.
I'll check a trailer of the game later.

Edit: thanks to both of you.