woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Please refrain from making generalizations about the LGBTQ community and referring to them with all-encompassing language.

Millie Bobby Brown is known for playing Eleven in Netflix's Stranger Things. This is her account:https://twitter.com/milliebbrown. It was up just a few moments ago.

And here are a few examples of the memes. They've been spreading on gay twitter like crazy. If you search her name, they're among the first results that pop up.
MdDKyIy.png

LVQOgJF.png

These quotes aren't real and she's never said anything homophobic, the "joke" lies in the absurdity of it all. On one hand, I think gay people have the license to make jokes about their oppression, but isn't it totally uncalled for to drag an innocent, 14 year old child into it? Especially on a public forum that she participates in.

Last edited by a moderator:

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this defamation or something along those lines? Why is this happening, exactly?

If she's not homophobic, this is a super shitty thing to paint her as homophobic, regardless of your sexuality.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
It's completely unnecessary to drag a fucking 14 year old into it, but of course the Internet is pretty dark.

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
How do you just make a child the face of hate speech?

This is dangerous and damaging. Fuck these people.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
"Millie Bobby brown memes are the peak of modern comedy"

If they genuinely believe that then they have the worst sense of humour ever and are also a nasty piece of shit.

IBLiSTRiGGER

Jun 7, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
white gay stan twitter is the seedy gloryhole of the lgbt world. water is wet. what else is new.

Is this the regressive left im always hearing about? Didn't know they were actually real

nah, nothing political about it. you ever go to a gay bar, and you see a group of howling little hyenas hovering over their cocktails, 'throwing shade', 'spilling tea', laughing at their 'reads' like they're funnier than rupaul herself, bless her, when they're really just being rude sociopathic shitheads.

this is them.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Is this the regressive left im always hearing about? Didn't know they were actually real
Absolutely not. The "regressive left" is a term coined by new atheists to criticize people on the left calling them out on their racism, bigotry and Islamophobia.

These "memes" look to be the work of 4chan and Trump trolls to me.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, I added a bit of info about her in the OP

I didn't mean to come off as snarky, although re-reading my post I did. Rather, when I clicked the thread, I had no idea who this was and was thinking maybe she was a Parkland student or something. Had to google it.

I might be weird, though. I don't generally watch movies. Dunno how well known she is.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
that's a great plan! Troll every hollywood star that isn't already a douchebag asshole.

that'll teach em to be human and accessible!

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017
I didn't mean to come off as snarky, although re-reading my post I did. Rather, when I clicked the thread, I had no idea who this was and was thinking maybe she was a Parkland student or something. Had to google it.

I might be weird, though. I don't generally watch movies. Dunno how well known she is.

Stranger Things is a pretty popular show with the sort of people who would be posting on these boards. But it's impossible to be aware of everything and everyone, so I edited the title a bit.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"what is wrong with people"
Also note that twitter and the likes (cough youtube) don't do shit about these situations.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
So basically gay twitter is trying to be the onion and failing just as hard. Leave kids out of the jokes. It never works.
onion.png

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like it was intended to be like, an absurdist joke and not an intentional trolling? Sad how people are capable of being so inconsiderate, this kind of thing can really damage a person. People need to think for a second before they potentially fuck someone's day or whole life up.

Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely not. The "regressive left" is a term coined by new atheists to criticize people on the left calling them out on their racism, bigotry and Islamophobia.

These "memes" look to be the work of 4chan and Trump trolls to me.

4chan has nothing to do with this specific one (you'd see it plastered all over the /tv/ board if they were). IIRC, this meme started late last year when some troll account accused MBB of Islamaphobia and it self-perpetuated on twitter thereafter because I suppose people thought it was funny. I guess it probably shares some of the DNA of the old '*insert celebrity* in a grocery store' copy-pasta and 'fake Keanu Reeves trivia' memes.

Deleted member 27246

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Regressive left:

wiki said:
"Regressive left" (also formulated as "regressive liberals" and "regressive leftists") is a political epithet, used as a pejorative to describe a section of left-wing politicswho are accused of paradoxically holding reactionary views by their tolerance of illiberal principles and ideologies, particularly tolerance of Islamism, for the sake of multiculturalism and cultural relativism.

I think it was first used by Majid Nawaaz, a former Islamist turned secular.

Nawaz has used the phrase "regressive left" to describe left-leaning people who—in his opinion—pander to Islamism, which he defines as a "global totalitarian theo-political project" with a "desire to impose any given interpretation of Islam over society as law" and which he opposes on the ground that "any desire to impose any version of Islam over anyone anywhere, ever, is a fundamental violation of our basic civil liberties". According to Nawaz, such sympathizers of Islamism include "atheists who are on the side of the Islamists, defending Islamism in the name of cultural tolerance"

So I don't think this has anything to do with the Regressive Left

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shows that even the most vulnerable people in society can partake in the time-honored tradition of being fucking terrible.

Apparently this has been going on since last year and even includes a specific hashtag about how she's violent and racist against people.
https://www.popbuzz.com/tv-film/stranger-things/millie-bobby-brown-homophobic-meme/
Back in November 2017, a hashtag started circulating on Twitter called #TakeDownMillieBobbyBrown which contained tweets ranging from fake stories about violent "fan encounters" with Millie to "screenshots" of homophobic, racist and body-shaming quotes and slurs photoshopped to appear as if they've come from her account

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
That's fucked up.

Is this really a "gay twitter" thing or is it a 4chan pretending to be "gay twitter" thing?