• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017

So in today's Million Arthur: Arcana Blood stream, it was announced that the game will be finally ported over to home consoles, PS4 on November 29th, after being an arcade exclusive game.

2018-08-25_2.png

The game will also receive some of the updates including the new guest appearance of Akira Oono from manga/anime High Score GIrl.

However the more surprising collaboration came later, as they introduced the game's collaboration with SNK, which seemed all but impossible after the whole incident involving High Score Girl.

For SNK, Thief from Million Arthur will join in as a first ever dlc and guest fighter of the game, while for Square, they will have Iori from King of Fighters join as a guest fighter in Million Arthur: Arcana Blood.

Producer noted that this was to show that the two companies are in good terms now, and also revealed the illustration to celebrate their new relationship.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Always wanted Arcana Blood to get a port, the game looks pretty cool.

Also, good guest character for SNK Heroines!

VallenValiant

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only reason the anime was finally made, was because the legal problem was sorted out. So obviously there was no reason to hold grudges to the point of affecting a cross promotion opportunity.

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
So am I to understand this thief character is coming to SNK Heroines as DLC? That's... certainly a guest character, if true.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
DLC For SNK Heroines that's not an SNK Heroine, and Iori… in the... Million Arthur Fighter...? Yup, this is really, REALLY weird. But cool! Thief Arthur there seems to fit in really nicely with SNKHTTF's attacks and combo tree.

I enjoyed Arthur during it's brief time as a Global Phone / Tablet release. Wouldn't mind trying Yagami-San in such a weird world.

Seeing Iori in 2D again is quite nice.

The Highscore Girl fiasco turned out nicely. Talk about an unpredictable turn of events.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
looks like million arthur is just a jp release

i wonder if they're going to keep the heroines dlc in jp? i would hope not

knowing nothing about the roster of million arthur, that's not the kind of character i would expect to see in a crossover, she doesn't seem main character enough

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
The Iori Trailer for Million Arthur:

Not weird anymore, 2018 is officially the year of MUGEN.
This is the most MUGEN feeling one to me, lol. More initially unfitting than even the guest that popped up in Blade Strangers. Like... I'd have expected Goddess Athena or Magician Lord just because of Arthur's lore, y'know?

You can now do Iori from KoF x Riesz from Seiken Densetsu 3 in a fighting game.

I didn't even know she was in this game, lol. Cool to see some Mana Reps, not what I'd expect ever. MA definitely feels like the 2D fighter I've seen the least of since it's release. Think I knew more about Blade Arcus from Shining, Nitroplus Blasterz, and Aquapazza than this.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
interesting

looking at that picture, the one in the middle, and especially the one to her left look like characters i'd have expected, the former being mc-ish and the latter looking snkheroine-ish lol

what we got is just plain and boring in comparison
Really? I think she looks cool and seems to have personality.

ITEM_IMAGE2.jpg

This is a Square Enix game ? They made an anime fighter ??
It's a fighting game spin-off for a mobile Square Enix franchise. Developed by Examu, the studio that did Arcana Heart.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
It's published by them and based on their IP but they didn't make it, the developer is Examu (Arcana Heart, Nitroplus Blasters, Aquapazza).
Really? I think she looks cool and seems to have personality.

ITEM_IMAGE2.jpg

It's a fighting game spin-off for a mobile Square Enix franchise. Developed by Examu, the studio that did Arcana Heart.

Ok thanks, should have expected it from the name. Is the IP successful or just a wild push for Square ?

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok thanks, should have expected it from the name. Is the IP successful or just a wild push for Square ?
I think it used to be a pretty popular mobile game when it first launched in 2012 before other juggernauts like FGO and Granblue Fantasy released. After that, popularity fell off a bit, they closed the original game and released a new mobile one. But it's always getting new stuff and it seems SE is pushing it harder back again now, besides the news in this thread, there's also an anime coming out in October to promote an upcoming Million Arthur MMORPG.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017

It's based on a mobile card battle game that's reasonably popular in Japan, I wanna say they tried bringing it overseas but it didn't last long.

This game is the first of several announced cross-media projects with the IP--there's also an MMO coming, an anime, an action-RPG, etc.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think it used to be a pretty popular mobile game when it first launched in 2012 before other juggernauts like FGO and Granblue Fantasy released. After that, popularity fell off a bit, they closed the original game and released a new mobile one. But it's always getting new stuff and it seems SE is pushing it harder back again now, besides the news in this thread, there's also an anime coming out in October to promote an upcoming Million Arthur MMORPG.
Yeah I noticed a much stronger push for the ip now, a bunch of fan events too and stuff like that.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
So, we learned a few things from the NISA Trailer:

It very proudly proclaims she's the FIRST Crossover Character.
She's Releasing Sept 13th.

The Blurb from NISA's Vid Posting:

Thief Arthur from Million Arthur: Arcana Blood sweeps the stage with her swift moves! She arrives as a DLC on September 13, and more guest characters may join her. Stay tuned for more information! SNK HEROINES ~Tag Team Frenzy~ arrives on Nintendo Switch on September 7 worldwide!

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

The only thing we don't know if she is a free dlc or not, but my guess is that if she was free they would probably just say it on the announcement?

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The base roster being mostly from XIV makes sense now, new character creation was more focused on the crossovers.

Certainly a very interesting approach, they are going all in with trying to appeal to a wider/new audience with this game.

Curious to see how this experiment works out for them.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
The only thing we don't know if she is a free dlc or not, but my guess is that if she was free they would probably just say it on the announcement?

Yeah, I'd imagine a freebie would be advertised loud and clear, unless they're holding off on such info because of some other announcements.

BadWolf said:
The base roster being mostly from XIV makes sense now, new character creation was more focused on the crossovers.

Certainly a very interesting approach, they are going all in with trying to appeal to a wider/new audience with this game.

Curious to see how this experiment works out for them.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't have predicted something this new and fresh for this game. A direction that buddies them up with multiple partners for this game is... really surprising. But a heck of a lot like what I was wishing for (where they use partnerships to get more Oomph out of their time between big releases), so I can't complain.

...y'know, until we see what else they've teamed up with. This is gonna get weird, ain't it?

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
FINALLY!
I've been trying to keep tabs on this EXAMU project for the Squenix licensed "Million Arthur" series for a long while. Its been in arcades forever and a day and I'm eager to play it. So glad this got announced.
Also Iori gonna be top tier as hell.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No word about it being paid and they aren't selling a season pass.

Would be a nice move to have the first batch of DLC be free.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't have predicted something this new and fresh for this game. A direction that buddies them up with multiple partners for this game is... really surprising. But a heck of a lot like what I was wishing for (where they use partnerships to get more Oomph out of their time between big releases), so I can't complain.

...y'know, until we see what else they've teamed up with. This is gonna get weird, ain't it?

You win this round :p

Oct 25, 2017
I was in japan and played a lot of this game in arcades, It's kind of like an inbetween point between an anime 1v1 fighter and marvel- ie you have assists but no tagging. You can pick assists from like a bunch of different choices that range from reversal like ones to slow projectiles and etc. A lot of the creative combo stuff came from using these when I played. Despite the assist thing, I would say It's also a lot easier to pick up than games like Blazblue and Guilty Gear and the sprite work is gorgeous. I think the neutral game in this is quite fun

If I have a critique of the game, the corner in this game is fucking death because of how oppressive anyone with half decent oki and how huge corner combos can be. I'm not sure if this was a symptom of me not understanding any v-reversal style corner escape systems though, it was still really fun.

There are some new screenshots at Gemetsu

https://gematsu.com/2018/08/million-arthur-arcana-blood-for-ps4-first-details-screenshots

Million-Arthur-Arcana-Blood_2018_08-28-18_009.jpg

It looks like the girl from highscore girl is an assist in the console version? That's pretty awesome.