• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blitz

Oct 29, 2017

Minecraft legends

MinecraftLegends_KeyArt_2880x1320.jpg

Official Gameplay Trailer

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw6f-tJKoao

Release Date: Apr 18, 2023
Genre: Action, Strategy
Platforms: PC (Minecraft Launcher or Steam), Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4/5, Game Pass
Developer: Mojang Studios, Blackbird Interactive
Price: Minecraft Legends $39.99 Deluxe Edition $49.99

Is Minecraft Legends a multiplayer game?
Minecraft Legends includes online campaign co-op and competitive multiplayer options. Form valuable alliances with your friends and lead strategic battles to defend the Overworld together.

Versus modes
Public game: 4v4
Private game: 4v4, 3v3, 2v2, 1v1, 4v1, 3v2, etc.
Training: Host up to 4 players in a training session to fight against computer

There is no splitscreen play. For 2 players to play in the same room, one can play on PC and one can play on xbox.
For 3 player to play in the same room: One can play on PC, one can play on the xbox, and one can play on the Nintendo switch.

Cross play multiplayer available on all platforms

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2020
So i've seen some gameplay vids and i am very interested in this as it looks like a ton of fun but is there meta progression or something? Sounds like you beat the campaign and can just do a new random generated campaign?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
So i've seen some gameplay vids and i am very interested in this as it looks like a ton of fun but is there meta progression or something? Sounds like you beat the campaign and can just do a new random generated campaign?
I'm not aware of a meta progression unless they bring ranked pvp down the line

CornIsGood

Oct 25, 2017
The game looks super fun. Really excited to play this later today! It's been way too long since we've gotten a decent rts designed around a controller.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
So no like unlockable costumes or mounts or anything? just go through campaign after campaign? Idk this looks fun but then kinda feels shallow without some long term stuff to keep playing
I think coop and pvp is meant to be what keeps you playing. There seems to be skins and mounts to customize but idk how they are unlocked. Money or in game. The campaign itself is like 20 hrs or so i hear

Mar 11, 2020
I think coop and pvp is meant to be what keeps you playing. There seems to be skins and mounts to customize but idk how they are unlocked. Money or in game. The campaign itself is like 20 hrs or so i hear
Yeah i guess i'll wait and see, doesn't feel worth it to me then if that's the case as i hate pvp. Coop seems fun but we'd have to get multiple copies then which fuck that, why you do no local coop???

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Yeah i guess i'll wait and see, doesn't feel worth it to me then if that's the case as i hate pvp. Coop seems fun but we'd have to get multiple copies then which fuck that, why you do no local coop???
I dont think the gameplay is conducive to split screen. I imagine it would be very cramped and hard to control with building directions and targeting attacks and all. Unlike Dungeons which is fairly simple to control and what needs to be in view.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
No couch co-op with this one, right? If not, I'm thinking I can play on PC Gamepass and my 10 year old can play on the XSX with his account, hopefully that works.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
No couch co-op with this one, right? If not, I'm thinking I can play on PC Gamepass and my 10 year old can play on the XSX with his account, hopefully that works.
Yes that should work. Its crossplay. You can play on your account (which has Game Pass) and then your home console xsx will share your sub entitlements with the other accounts such as your 10 year old. So you can simultaneously play together. I do this with Sea of Thieves all the time.

CornIsGood

Oct 25, 2017
I might stream it to my steam deck for some "couch co-op" at some point. I've done that for a few games that don't have split-screen support and usually it works well enough.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
Yes that should work. Its crossplay. You can play on your account (which has Game Pass) and then your home console xsx will share your sub entitlements with the other accounts such as your 10 year old. So you can simultaneously play together. I do this with Sea of Thieves all the time.
Wonderful, hopefully this won't be too complex for him. This would be his first foray into the world of RTS.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
I fully knew what to expect, and I'm not going to say I'm disappointed. Because I'm really not. But in 2023 to have a new Minecraft game and then have really high quality cinematics that look like an evolution of Minecraft graphics with better lighting and textures it just feels a little like a letdown of what could be.

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
Any idea how this will run on Steam Deck? Last I looked it wasn't a verified game but I'm sure it will run just fine

Sangral