• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So these are brand new levels? They weren't in the original games. Very cool if so

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even think of a new crash game announcement. But it's probably too early for that. Maybe next year.

A new level is cool though.

Deleted member 33597

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
With the name "Future Tense," I kind of wonder if that's a hint too.
Nah, it's almost certainly a Crash 3 future level archetype, hence the name. I believe the future environment has been mentioned as being one of their favorites and it only is used in two levels in Crash 3 so it makes perfect sense for it to be that.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hope they fix hobsliding in the switch version, it killed all chance at getting top 3 in all the leaderboards for crash 2 and 3. Only a handful of people have done it and they pretty much dominated top 3 in all non walking levels.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
With the name "Future Tense," I kind of wonder if that's a hint too.
Yeah, the name lends itself to that

Would be a really fun E3 announcement
That would be amazing. Love me some Bandicoot.
I thought this too.

I've said this in another Crash thread but with a new game coming in 2019 and the name, "Future Tense" leads me to believe that it's a soft tease on what to expect next from the franchise.

I'm not expecting a straight-up level from Crash 4 but let's say that it's a future level in Warped (which it probably is) but within it teases what comes next in some way, like on a billboard or something.

Yoshi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I hope that the levels are included on the cartridge / disc. Can it be deduced from the text of the box whether this is the case or not?

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That would be a great way to test the waters a bit and get some feedback for the supposed new entry they're working on.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I hope that the levels are included on the cartridge / disc. Can it be deduced from the text of the box whether this is the case or not?

Looks like they're bundled as DLC:

Google Translate said:
* Content of type DLC (downloadable content) and any other digital content have different validity periods.For this reason, it is unfortunately not possible to guarantee the availability of these contents at the time of purchase.

INCLUDING DIGITAL:
Bonus Stage "Storm Ascent"
Bonus Phase "Future Tense"

Last edited:

Yoshi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this DLC comes with the Switch version as well as a free update for PS4.

Oct 28, 2017
Can they make his flip slower like the original games? It really throws me off in the remake how he lands on his feet faster then the old games.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Testing a new Crash game with their first original level maybe? I don't recognise the level title as being cut from any prior game.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
Exclusive content for Xbox?
Would love to try this new level, sounds cool.

heisenbrg

Jan 23, 2018
Großfrostheim
DLC for remakes of a game? I don't like that. They should put the time and money for that in a complete new game and the remake should be not more than a remake of a game.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Gonna be really interesting to see if this is their first attempt at a new Crash level (not counting Stormy Ascent bonus bits)

Curious to see what game they'll put it on too. (if it had any relation to Wrath of Cortex I guess Warped would work fine)
DLC for remakes of a game? I don't like that. They should put the time and money for that in a complete new game and the remake should be not more than a remake of a game.
I mean Stormy Ascent was already done so it's just one level probably teasing a new game so I think it's fine.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Man I can't help but laugh at this kind of hyperbole.

What hit detection problems?

I had minimal issues during my playthrough.
giphy.gif

MrHeisenbird

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Old collision meshes with new engine.

Enemy hit detection is worse and in general causes crash to slip off rounded edges of models.

The devs even made a blog post saying nothing is wrong because thats just how the game was made.
There are several enemies even in the original games that condition you to land on their center and not the edge. If you didn't slip they just straight up killed you.

The High Road and Stormy Ascent really put my abilities to the test. The former hurts the pacing of the game, but the level itself was fair. It's okay for a platformer to challenge you.
This has never happened to me.

Kytes

Oct 25, 2017
Brazilian here. Gonna try my best and translate it to you guys (the description is not so accurate):

DESCRIPTION
CRASH BANDICOOT N. SANE TRILOGY COMES TO XBOX ONE, NINTENDO SWITCH AND PC, BRINGING THE TOTALLY REMASTERED VERSION, INCLUDING ALL THREE GAMES THAT GAVE BIRTH TO THIS BELOVED CHARACTER - CRASH BANDICOOT, CRASH BANDICOOT 2: CORTEX STRIKES BACK AND CRASH BANDICOOT 3: WARPED – BUT WITHOUT LOSING THE ESSENCE, JUMP, SPIN COLLECT WUMPAS AND BE CAREFUL WITH ALL THE DANGERS ON WUMPA ISLAND.
HELP CRASH AND HIS GIRLFRIEND (yeah, "namorada" means girlfriend, i'm guessing they're talking about the first game? Coco is his sister) SAVE WUMPA ISLAND AND THE ANIMALS, USING YOUR FRIENDS AND YOUR ABILITIES (JUMPS, SPINS, UKA UKA (not Aku Aku?)) AND MANY MORE GADGETS THAT CRASH FINDS IN HIS JOURNEY. BE CAREFUL WITH THE TRAPS PRESENT IN THE GAME, LIKE TNT AND NITRO BOXES. HAVE FUN WITH THIS CLASSIC TOTALLY REMASTERED, HELPING CRASH IN HIS JOURNEY.

* DLC Contents (downloadable content) and any other digital content have different expire dates.
Because of that, it's not possible to guarantee availability of these contents at the time of the purchase.

• DIGITAL INCLUDED:
  • BONUS STAGE "STORM ASCENT"
  • BONUS STAGE "FUTURE TENSE"
Bonus Phase is interesting wording. Could be a set of levels?

"Fase" means "Stage" in portuguese. So probably not.

Yoshi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Gonna be really interesting to see if this is their first attempt at a new Crash level (not counting Stormy Ascent bonus bits)
They did make the GBA games, so in that sense they already have experience making new Crash levels (provided those level designers still work there, 15 years later).

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
imagem.aspx

Here's the image, for those interested. The text in portuguese (on the huge yellow banner) is exactly what OP described.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
New DLC level and a patch with the Spyro demo?!?!
I honestly don't think they'll do a Spyro demo. I thought they would but then they updated the game with the code unlocking a the reveal trailer for the Spyro in there and nothing else. I'd love to be suprised though.

They did make the GBA games, so in that sense they already have experience making new Crash levels (provided those level designers still work there, 15 years later).
Oh yeah completely forgot they worked on those (and I sadly never got to play them) It's good that they have that history if they're working on a new installment.

Yoshi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Oh yeah completely forgot they worked on those (and I sadly never got to play them) It's good that they have that history if they're working on a new installment.
If you are a Cras fan you should definitely play them, especially the first one, Crash Bandicoot XS. I actually think it is the best Crash game (slightly in front of Crash 2).