Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
If anyone should apologize, it's the people insulting you and your brother for no reason.
tenor.gif

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
To everyone out in the streets tonight or planning to join tomorrow: stay safe and be heard.

Fuck the police

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
In all the threads to go #notallcops

Even if you think you're in the right... come on

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
This is our mayor's statement on the situation in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

"Our country and community are hurting as a result of the passing of George Floyd. It's a terrible tragedy for our society. Mr. Floyd's death did not need to happen, and we pray tonight for his family and the many others who've faced injustices.

The City of Fort Wayne respects the rights of individuals to participate in peaceful demonstrations.

Tonight's demonstration in downtown Fort Wayne began peacefully. As the demonstration moved along, it began to get more aggressive and the safety of the public was being put at risk.

The Fort Wayne Police Department ultimately had to respond in a manner to protect the public's safety. It's vital that we come together united as a city that cares about one another and supports each other.

That's what we've been committed to in an effort to make Fort Wayne the best city possible.

Now more than ever we need to respectfully and peacefully engage in productive dialogue and understanding as we grieve together, knowing that we can have better days ahead of us." - Mayor Tom Henry

For context, police fired tear gas at people for blocking traffic along Clinton St., and although I could be wrong, I think after that people began to riot, damaging businesses and such.
id wager the protest was peaceful until the tear gas landed

Hecht

Bonk initiated
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Let me jump in here real quick.

1) This isn't the thread to be showing your sympathy to "good cops" or whatever. Read the room. People are angry, and for damn good reasons. Let them vent.
2) Let's not make things personal.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
they aren't letting protesters onto michigan ave in chicago tonight

not enough numbers but a massive protest is planned for tomorrow at 2pm

coming out again with my sister, gonna make some gear in case of tear gas and make us some signs
Trying to get some people together for this as well, though between the crowds and distance (crossing over from Indiana) there's a good number wanting to lean more local. Doesn't matter really where we are I suppose, though it seems the CPD are responding okay compared to the local cops, in a red area, being an unknown that I don't have a ton of confidence in.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
To anyone that wants to come into a situation like this, and swear up and down that "not all cops" because they have a brother/sister/cousin/father/friend who is a cop and he/she is one of the good ones, ask yourself this. Don't even answer here, consider it rhetorical because I don't have much faith that you'll be honest anyway. If cop friend were this guy:
Tou-Thao.jpg

If he or she had been in this cops place, do you honestly think he would have turned and told his partner to get off the guys neck? By force if necessary? Do you think he would have put the life of a dying black man above his or her fraternity? Above making waves? Calling his partner out?

That is why all cops, even the ones you know, even the ones you are related to, can fuck themselves.

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, you're a real piece of shit aren't you? The poster is expressing empathy for the protestors while also stating his familial connection. These are confusing times. Better to find ways to include people in the movement than turn them off to it.
No, these aren't confusing times. Fuck outta here with your ignorance and privilege. We don't want people like you fighting for us anyway.

Enthuzed

Apr 21, 2020
Allegedly, a local Minnesota news station brought someone pretending to be the fiance of George Floyd.

Last edited:

Hecht

Bonk initiated
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Let me jump in here real quick.

1) This isn't the thread to be showing your sympathy to "good cops" or whatever. Read the room. People are angry, and for damn good reasons. Let them vent.
2) Let's not make things personal.
Again, for those in the back

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, you're a real piece of shit aren't you? The poster is expressing empathy for the protestors while also stating his familial connection. These are confusing times. Better to find ways to include people in the movement than turn them off to it.

The poster is coming into a thread about massive unrest, anger and rage being unleashed because a white police officer MURDERED a helpless black man, and decided to proclaim they felt bad for "both sides", including the cops, because he happen to be related to one.

If these are "confusing times" for you, you are part of the problem. There is nothing confusing about what is going on.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
We really should judge people based on who they circle the wagons for.

Watching the government and police chiefs and police officers circle the wagons around uniformed murderers time and again tells us volumes. Watching the unions that force police departments to rehire problematic officers tells us volumes about them.

When these officers are rehired or unpunished, the officers they work with *get worse*. It cannot and should not be tolerated by government or unions alike.

Officers that commit these kinds of acts are poison to any and all attempts for reform. They harm all the other union members. Violence from other officers increases around them.

The response to a cancer is to cut it out. Not to deflect by saying 'not all cells'.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
As long as cops refuse to rise against the institutional racism they themselves represent and keep being silent, they're all accomplices. Fuck 12, even the ones you're related to.

Oct 2, 2018
I just saw a video on facebook where a white man is wearing a gasmask and an all black outfit went with a hammer to smash windows. This thing is quite sickening. There's attempts by some forces to create chaos.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here

TheHoneyDuke

Banned
Apr 7, 2020
What's true to him ain't true. Its a veil of ignorance and it shoudln't be encouraged.
No one needs to personally attack anyone's family member. Say ACAB. I don't know the poster and I don't know the poster' brother. This thread wasn't the place for that and they should have read the room. We could be better than personal attacks

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
Cops going to war tonight. Jesus every protest has tweets of cops shoving and shooting pepper and horse trampling.

fucking cops man

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Thread is about 4 cops murdering a black citizen pleading for his life in cold blood for almost 10 minutes, how riots needed to happen across the country just to get the dude arrested let alone indicted, the 3 other murderers are still free and basically every page has a new cop violating someone else's rights while we see police departments, leaders and unions misrepresent the situation constantly and y'all are mad at both sides

Unbelievable

Only one side has the state behind them