• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
LuFIcO9.jpg

i love it when a nephew comes to visit his uncle in a small japanese town, setting off a series of events in which a bunch of people (primarily high schoolers) develop supernatural personifications of their own psyche, culminating in the investigation into the abnormal serial killings of women by a deranged murderer with a complex toward women
I'm getting excited for the dub of this to come out. I'm halfway through Stardust Crusaders right now. When you put it that way, I'm sure I'll love Part 4.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
It's a fantastic game with a well developed and interesting cast of characters that felt like people you could meet in real life. The group dynamic was the strongest part of the game for me but the murder mystery element of the game was really well done as well with quite a few surprises when everything was said and done with it. The reveal of the true villain and how that was foreshadowed from the very beginning of the game on the PS2 with the controller rumbling was easily one of my all time favorite moments of any game I've ever played.

Persona 4 is easily one of the greatest RPG's of all time and remains my favorite in the series for so many more reasons but I don't need to dive into those right now.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
one of the most important games I've ever played, personally. Played it when I was going through a lot and the sheer optimism and fun friendly vibes that much of the game gives off really helped me out when I needed it and I'm not sure I could even look at the game objectively because of it. Incredible game, and while overall I think P5 was an improvement this game is special in its own ways.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the greatest games ever made! I love everything about it- I love the characters, I love the story, I love the themes, i love the music, the atmosphere, the voice acting, everything. It addicted me like literally no game ever had, and probably never will again.
Amazing, amazing game. I still like to go back to Inaba sometimes...

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
LuFIcO9.jpg

i love it when a nephew comes to visit his uncle in a small japanese town, setting off a series of events in which a bunch of people (primarily high schoolers) develop supernatural personifications of their own psyche, culminating in the investigation into the abnormal serial killings of women by a deranged murderer with a complex toward women
I just started watching DiU and now I'm more excited to continue watching it lol

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
I got 30 hours into it but my vita broke, I never got another one so never completed it, coincidentally also had to stop playing persona 5 10 hours in thanks to a family emergency. I think I'm cursed with persona, I need to bite the bullet and start persona 5 again.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome game that got me into the series.

Would love to see this become part of a classic compilation in future.

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
Persona 4 is one of those games that I just keep thinking about... Even after playing Personas 3 and 5, I find myself thinking about 4 most often -- the setting, the tone, the story, the characters, the music, the combat... everything is just great

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
It's just a shame the updated version is likely to remain forever trapped on Vita, with no sign of emulation ever happening

Camp1nCarl

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe it's already been a decade. An incredible game, but even though I've finished the anime I never finished the game. I really really need to beat it, because I love the game. It's just hard to finish meaty games now a days haha

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Incredible game, it was my favourite game of all time until P5 and even if it doesn't hold that spot any more it's not far behind.

I eagerly await the inevitable remake.

Oct 27, 2017
But yeah, the characters, tone, music, story, pacing. Everything clicked for me perfectly in this game. First time I beat it I was bummed out for a little while and badly wanted to begin a new play though. Saying goodbye to everyone was so hard.

Oct 25, 2017
The good thing about Golden is that the P4 waifu wars aren't a thing anymore since everyone came together in their hatred of Marie.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I guess it's okay.

... we need a P4G HD. I don't know why Atlus hates money that much. :(

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
LuFIcO9.jpg

I loved how obvious of a gigantic Part 4 reference Persona 4 was. From the very beginning, even someone's body being murdered on a powerline!

KLoWn

Oct 27, 2017
This is one of those games I have very fond memories of playing in the dark during hot summer nights. The music in this game brings me right back to that time.

Aah nostalgia~

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
I thought you were describing the time reddit tried to solve the boston bombing with that title.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
P4G for sure. There's extra content, although some people don't like some of the VA changes. But if it's easier for you to do so on a PS2/3, the original is a complete game and well worth it.

ah.. don't have a vita, PS2/3 :(

oh well. sounds like it was a good game.

Deft Beck

Oct 26, 2017
Space
It's been five years and I still haven't gotten more than halfway through Persona 4 Golden. Grinded to get my way through the video game dungeon and all my will to continue playing just evaporated out of my body.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
It's been five years and I still haven't gotten more than halfway through Persona 4 Golden. Grinded to get my way through the video game dungeon and all my will to continue playing just evaporated out of my body.

Not saying you definitely would have liked the rest but the video game dungeon was by far the lowest point of the game... Horrible dungeon, horrible music, horrible boss

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
The best Vita game hands down

I like Marie *shrug*

Her boss music was the best in the game

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY

Took me 2 major play throughs to get it done. First on PS2 for about 45 hours, before I ran out of steam. Later, with Golden I was able to complete it over time (and a lot of business trips). I absolutely adore this game, the characters... the music... everything. Persona 3 came around at a time in my life when I needed to distract myself from a lot of change - I hold that game VERY highly on my top 10 list, and P4 surpasses that.

I would buy it again on Switch in a HEARTBEAT.

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My favorite game ever. I wish I could erase my memory to play this masterpiece for the fist time again.

Deft Beck

Oct 26, 2017
Space
Not saying you definitely would have liked the rest but the video game dungeon was by far the lowest point of the game... Horrible dungeon, horrible music, horrible boss

Really weird dungeon with gimmick enemies and a tedious boss.

I'm going to force my way through the rest of the game so I can move onto 5 and play the dancing spinoffs at the highest difficulty.

I like Marie *shrug*

Her boss music was the best in the game

Marie is unnecessary in every way. I avoid talking to her as much as I can.

spidye

Oct 28, 2017
Never played p4 but bought a Vita solely for p4g and it is easily top 5 rpg ever for me.
Enjoyed it faaaaaaar more than p5

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
My favourite game of all-time. Can't believe it's 10 years old.