• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco
www.eurogamer.net

New Black Myth: Wukong trailer prompts fans to resurface misogynistic comments from developer

A new gameplay trailer has been released for Black Myth: Wukong. The game grew to prominence when it was revealed in 20…

In a now-viral tweet, user Sumerian Tater Tots shared a "friendly reminder that the game developer himself said this game 'needed no female players'".

They followed up with a translation of a Weibo post by the developer from August 2021 that claims "some things are made only for men", as well as other misogynistic and homophobic comments.

The report includes translations of Jì's comments in the context of a toxic, male-dominated workplace.

"I want to expand our workforce and hire more people. I want to be licked so much that I can't have an erection anymore," it's reported that he wrote in one post. "I know you guys just happen to be so horny. I'm glad that the trailer has given you some satisfaction."

"My goal is to give blowjobs to people who appreciate my work, and to help people who share my vision achieve orgasms," he reportedly added in another.

Yikes...

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Yeah, we had a thread on this when it originally came up.

www.resetera.com

Black Myth: Wukong developer's sexist culture and sexually explicit remarks News

This is from just nearly a year ago but don't think it got attention then and thought awareness should be raised as the game gets more attention. Credit to duckroll. https://supchina.com/2020/09/02/chinese-game-developer-faces-boycott-after-ceos-sexually-explicit-remarks/ A string of sexually...

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"My goal is to give blowjobs to people who appreciate my work, and to help people who share my vision achieve orgasms," he reportedly added in another.
What if millions of people appreciate his work tho' ? That's a lot of blowjobs to give.

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
"I want to expand our workforce and hire more people. I want to be licked so much that I can't have an erection anymore," it's reported that he wrote in one post. "I know you guys just happen to be so horny. I'm glad that the trailer has given you some satisfaction."

excuse-huh.gif

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone has their kinks but to be so open about it as the ceo sure is something.

Reads like a statement from someone without social skills.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
We need another quote because the one in the OP is giving "stan twitter account talking about their fabe after she released a new album"

mieumieu

Oct 25, 2017
The Farplane
Given my experience with misogyny, racism and anti-LGBTQ tendencies from Chinese video gamers over two decades, it's not surprising to me at all. They will blame anything and everything on "SJW baizuo" blah blah blah

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I want to give blowjobs all the time too. It's super fun! But saying it in regards to running a studio is quite out of line, and that's not even getting into the sexism and that their wording is suggesting they want the same from their employees.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
Looked up the quote

c37a-iyaiihm6727338.png

I think he is saying "I want to expand our workforce and hire more people, this got me licked so much that I can't have an erection anymore" meaning as a result of releasing the screenshots he got so much praise (ironically the message is intended to be humbled by praise and work harder)

still edgy, still offensive in his other ads, comments etc, but that's the explanation for that one quote

cannot find the other one (all the spicy weibo quotes have been taken down, so I have to go look for screenshots)

edit: found it, yep this one is what was translated.
v2-e578633347875e6418aefe3983f1ca30_1440w.jpg

Last edited:

Res-bot

Nov 11, 2017
We all quoting the English translation - for a bunch of gamers who care about accurate translations of foreign source games I think we can do better.

If a world leader fluent in Mandarin can give a speech in Chinese and inadvertently say he wanted China and Australia to have mutual orgasms I think we should give the benefit of the doubt here on the translation: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2009-08-28/rudd-jokes-about-chinese-mutual-orgasm-gaffe/1408048.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Unless this is a different situation, I thought this got debunked as a misunderstanding of edgy comments?