• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
Maybe he wants trump or the republican voters to think he is save. Or maybe rile up the democrats so they fucking vote and don't think it's save. Or maybe it's just what he thinks happens. I don't see this as cheering on trump or anything.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
"Are cracks starting to show amongst Republicans?" Hilarious how fast Republicans proved how fucking stupid alot of our MSM "journalist" actually are.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
I believe Trump has good odds to win too.

It'll be unbelievable taxing for Americans, that's for sure

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I think he's saying what he thinks will happen, but probably with a bit of cheerleading at least for holding the senate. Romney is a Republican after all, he still wants his party to keep the senate even if he politically won't vote for Trump.

For what it's worth, his take is in line with a ton of progressives on this site who believe that Trump will win in November because "The DNC picked Biden" or what have you.

If Trump loses in a wipe out, and Republicans lose the senate, I could see Romney making a push for senate minority leader or trying to position himself to be the king maker in the next search for senate minority leader... especially if McConnell gets upset. Joe Thune is next in line for minority leader, and Thune doesn't have as tight a relationship with Trump, so I could see Romney trying to lead the push for Thune to be promoted. I don't think Romney himself could be senate minority leader unless there was a historic readjustment, like Trump getting whallopped and every vulnerable Republican seat falling the right way for the Democrats.

Last edited:

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
i'm holding my nose when i vote biden in november, and i'll be doing it absentee because of COVID fears.

Joe Biden is not the type of candidate that's going to inspire a majority of educated voters to risk their lives to go vote. He'll still get the votes, but i would bet my house there'll be a lower democratic turnout than people expect

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
I think some of you may be reading this as him supporting Trump in some way.

All he's saying, and realistically so, is that Trump has a high chance to win re-election. And we all need to keep this in mind so we go out and vote in Nov.

CelticKennedy

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 18, 2019
I don't want him to win again either. Fuck that guy. Do I think he's going to be re-elected even after the clusterfuck that was 2020......Probably.

People's heads are going to explode...again.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
Bait thread?

What he says is something I imagine I can/May say to people when asked too. It clearly does not indicate I want it to happen or I won't fight for the opposite to happen

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
He is just being realistic . Trump probably will be reelected.

Who believe in national polls need to remember 2016.

He will win Texas and North Carolina. Probably will win Florida and Wisconsin. Not a single chance for any democrat without the last two.

OP
OP
hsojlightfoot

hsojlightfoot

Apr 6, 2020
Can a mod please close this thread? I'm done and obviously made some people irritate and rather not hear how Trump is going to win in every post. I'm not going to be that way. I can't.

Nov 18, 2017
as a brit so i dont have the best take when it comes to american politics.
but this is entirely what im expecting, Biden seemingly doesnt understand at all what the left want from him.
100% expecting worst possible outcome for you guys come November.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Biden may be ahead in most polls. But Republicans are very enthusiastic about November. My hope is Dems are just as enthusiastic, if not more.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I understand I should know better by now, but Romney is still getting me with his constant little hints that maybe the party is evolving and maybe some people are gathering courage to do the right thing... only to days later reaffirm that no, he's spineless.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
ok? many dems believe this too

Right? My cynical ass is all aboard in believing this shitty future will happen. Please everybody, force feed me crow this November!

Edit: weird that people are getting mad at Romney over this? He didn't say he wanted him to him the election, he just expects him to. Which is a fair assessment, Republicans have gone well out of their way to rig this game. Go ask 2016 all about it.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Who was favored to win in 2016?

Hillary but for almost entirely different reasons that don't apply as much to Biden's run and polling.

She was polling even/behind much of the election cycle except for in the midwest states her team overlooked that gave Trump the electoral edge.

Regardless, we should all act as if Biden is down by 10 because that's the reality of voter suppression in most competitive Blue states.

If Trump and the GOP win it's because they cheated, and it's not like Romney doesn't know that.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I also think he will win again, what has changed for his base to make that impossible?
They have achieved the feat that everyone of his fuck ups is either "a hoax" or "active misinformation". If people are in the same bubble that made him electable, they are probably STILL in that same one, thinking everyone else is working for ANTIFA. Biden is 10 years too old to be a safer bet and I would love to be wrong.
It comes down to turnout.

Whoever gets the most turnout, especially in key races, is going to win.

I don't know if Trump will win but I am not going to take anything for granted in november. I personally think it is going to be a nail biter again.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Seriously people, this is a non story. A sitting Republican senator is not going to say what he really thinks about the results of an upcoming election.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
6T4QSMUFWZFWLDEHQ3MRZCTCWQ.gif

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Getting tired of the doomsaying responses in bait threads like this.

Sure, every single indicator since 2016 says that Trump is in serious trouble come November BUT DO YOU REMEMBER THE 2016 ELECTION WHERE THE POLLING WAS ACCURATE? TRUMP WILL WIN GUARANTEED

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Prior to the pandemic, I thought Trump would most likely win the election having a strong economy to work with.

Now that it has tanked and he's handling the protests poorly, I believe it dropped significantly but going by the partisan divide, the fate of this election is still going to depend on how independents and undecided voters swing the election and if the economy makes a recovery.

We best maintain the pressure of making sure voter suppression doesn't make an impact on this election to swing in Trump's favor.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's hard to understand ?

The defeatist, borderline trolling attitude that's in this thread and pervades a majority of political discussions here is fucking insufferable.
Its definitely a demoralization mechanism that will only hurt us in November. People casually saying this shit are clueless what the future has in store for them if he gets in again. The country is toast and possibly the world order.

Deleted member 49535

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Thinking Trump is going to win doesn't mean you support him. I personally think Trump is going to win, for example, and it's probably the person I hate the most in the world right now.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
Getting tired of the doomsaying responses in bait threads like this.

Sure, every single indicator since 2016 says that Trump is in serious trouble come November BUT DO YOU REMEMBER THE 2016 ELECTION WHERE THE POLLING WAS ACCURATE? TRUMP WILL WIN GUARANTEED
It´s difficult for some to wrap their heads around statistics.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
Biden may be ahead in most polls. But Republicans are very enthusiastic about November. My hope is Dems are just as enthusiastic, if not more.

We are, did you see how long people waited in line to vote yesterday in Georgia even with their suppression efforts? How did you think Dems took back control of congress in 2018? Imagine what it would be like right now, especially the past 3 weeks had that not happen. Texas is now a battleground state for Trump. So tired to read all this defeatist attitude here.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I also think he will win again, what has changed for his base to make that impossible?
They have achieved the feat that everyone of his fuck ups is either "a hoax" or "active misinformation". If people are in the same bubble that made him electable, they are probably STILL in that same one, thinking everyone else is working for ANTIFA. Biden is 10 years too old to be a safer bet and I would love to be wrong.
If Trump only needs his base to win then there's no need for him to do anything. His campaign is plainly panicking because it's losing a ton of ground among indies and suburban voters. Trump didn't win in 2016 on MAGA turnout alone. There were a lot of voters who hated Hillary and thought what the hell, we'll take a chance on this guy. And a lot of those voters have swung away hard from him.

i'm holding my nose when i vote biden in november, and i'll be doing it absentee because of COVID fears.

Joe Biden is not the type of candidate that's going to inspire a majority of educated voters to risk their lives to go vote. He'll still get the votes, but i would bet my house there'll be a lower democratic turnout than people expect

There's no reason to actually think this based on the numbers so far though. That Biden wouldn't inspire voters to turn out *feels* right, but we saw in Super Tuesday there was a huge turnout among voters, especially first-time voters, that came out to back Biden. And polls so far show Biden improving on Hillary's margins with white voters, both college-educated white women and non-college whites broadly, while pulling even so far with Hillary's youth voter turnout. Where he really needs to improve is on his numbers with Latino voters, but overall Dem turnout is trending more positively than not. And it certainly helps that Democrats fucking hate Trump!

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
What did Romney say precisely? I can't see a direct quote.

Him saying that he believes Trump will win doesn't necessarily mean anything other than him making a prediction. You can't infer deeper meaning from that.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I don't read this as him being supportive of Trump, just him being realistic off what he is currently seeing through his Republican eyes. A lot of Republicans are thinking this already, and a lot of Democrats fear this more than anything. Not going to trash Romney for this when it's not some shocking new take on what could very well happen.
Yeah I agree, I don't think he is vouching for Trump but rather just giving what he thinks is the harsh reality

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
Can a mod please close this thread? I'm done and obviously made some people irritate and rather not hear how Trump is going to win in every post. I'm not going to be that way. I can't.
I mean, do you think there's a 100% chance Trump will lose? You need to be realistic. The election isn't set in stone. If you want to live in an echo chamber where everyone tells you what you want to hear then that's fine, your just going to have a very rough time in Nov. if Trump wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.