• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Patrick Corbin may be the next Yankees ace. For now, he dominates for the Diamondbacks.

PHOENIX - The greatest free-agent class in baseball history just got a whole lot better, and you better believe the New York Yankees are paying close attention.

The Yankees, who are getting below the $197 million luxury tax for a reason, know all about the marquee names who will be free agents in November: Manny Machado, Bryce Harper and Clayton Kershaw.

But there's another player out there who has their office buzzing.

He happens to be a New York kid who grew up worshipping the Yankees, whose family is several generations deep in Yankee fandom, and who dreamed one day of pitching for the Yankees.

The name is Patrick Corbin, who pitches for the Arizona Diamondbacks.

And right now, he may be pitching better than anyone in the game.

Corbin is 4-0 with a 1.89 ERA, leading the major leagues with 46 strikeouts, ranking third with a .140 opponent's batting average, and fourth with a 0.66 WHIP (walks and hits per inning pitched).

He also happens to have the nastiest slider in the game, with opponents barely able to even make contact, swinging and missing at 33.1% of them this season, according to Brooks Baseball.

"I don't think I've seen a slider like that since Steve Carlton,'' says Rick Schu, San Francisco Giants assistant hitting coach. "I mean, it just disappears.''

More at the link.

I'm just going to try and enjoy Corbin and the Dbacks season as much as I can. There is no way they can keep Pollock, Corbin, Goldy, and Grienke.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Miguel Andujar is red hot. Can't wait for Gleyber to get those hits soon too...

[EDIT: Don't worry, D-Backs ERA; we'll replenish your farm system with some good pieces for Corbin, lol]

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Im not sweatin' this bullpen. The braves have been surprising so far, but we all know this isn't a .600 team. This is the year for experimentation! I've seen all i want to see from Freeman and Moylan, they are toast. I'm also rooting for a vizcaino trade to a contender who needs an 8th inning guy.

Cochese

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Im not sweatin' this bullpen. The braves have been surprising so far, but we all know this isn't a .600 team. This is the year for experimentation! I've seen all i want to see from Freeman and Moylan, they are toast. I'm also rooting for a vizcaino trade to a contender who needs an 8th inning guy.

Thing is, the bullpen is really good when we throw strikes. The walks are killing us.

Throw. The. Ball. Over. The. Plate.

Rock And Roll

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if Slater and Duggar end up replacing Jackson and McCutchen.

Great job by Stratton picking Longo and Cutch up and another majestic bomb from Mac Daddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.